Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Ex-Cel Jams with Batman

In this parody of a Disney Channel movie, Mikey/Turtle Titan attendas a jazz band summer camp.

Chapter 8 - Ex-Cel Jams with Batman

Chapter 8 - Ex-Cel Jams with Batman
After Apache Chief left, Ex-Cel went over to Mallory to talk.

EX-CEL: Man, you are one hot sax player!
MALLORY: Junior high band & high school jazz band.
EX-CEL: What are you doing for the rest of the summer?
MALLORY: Got two more sessions here @ Camp Jazz. Maybe I'll visit you in New York. You should make an album.
EX-CEL: Working on it.

They kiss passionately. But Malcolm saw them & was shocked that his sister would date a Mexican-American.

The next day, the campers left Camp Jazz for the summer. The Justice Force van, Turtle Titan's jeep & Ex-Cel's motorcycle traveled down I-87 South, back home to New York City. When they reached the city limits, they were in for a surprise to find a green superhero.

TT: Cool! It's Green Mantle!
GL: No you fool, it's Green Lantern. Ex-Cel, come with me to the Hall of Justice!
EX-CEL: But how?

Green Lantern used his power ring & placed Ex-Cel & his motorcycle in a bubble. Then he lifted them up to the sky & towed them to the Hall of Justice.

When they arrived, Ex-Cel had no idea why Batman summoned him. When he entered, Superman used his x-ray vision on him because he had a guitar case with him. Then he escorts him to their rec room where he discovers that Batman also plays the guitar. Barman plays jazz riffs while Ex-Cel's impressed. Batman stopped playing to shake his hand.

BATMAN: Hey Ex-Cel. Heard all about you.
EX-CEL: Cool! Batman plays the guitar! A full body Gibson 175 brown sunburst electric.
BATMAN: Just like Zach Filkins of OneRepublic played on Apologize. So, you're a superhero that likes to play music. How long have you played guitar?
EX-CEL: Eight years. You Batman?
BATMAN: Too long. I play to keep my hands nimble. How about we jam?

Batman showed Ex-Cel another amp & he got out his brown sunburst & jammed with Batman. Then they switched guitars & had another jam session, taking turns chunking chords & playing lead.

EX-CEL: Man, what a cool jam session! Wish I had pics of us playing.
BATMAN: I'll send them to you on your Ex-Cel webpage. Remember to fight crime first before making music.
EX-CEL: Whatever you say Batman.

Ex-Cel handed back his guitar while Batman gave him his.

Ex-Cel drove his motorcycle along the streets of New York, going back home to Salazar Garage, when he noticed a sign, "Under New Management." He parked the bike inside, went to his bedroom to change into some normal clothes as Josh Salazar. Josh got the shock of his life when he rushed upstairs to his parents house.

Josh went to their upstairs house to find his parents in the living room.

JUANITA: How's Camp Jazz?
JOSH: Cool. I met a girl.
JUANITA: That's what I thought.
JOSH: Dad, what's the meaning of this? Under new management?
HECTOR: Son, I decided that your mother & I are moving to Long Island, along I-495.
JOSH: What happened in Atlantic City?
JUANITA: Dad blew it.
JOSH: You mean, you're moving in with Uncle Matt?
HECTOR: Let me explain.

In a flashback, the parents are @ Atlantic City staying @ a nice hotel for a week. While Juanita's playing slot machines, Hector played roulette. He placed a $100 chip on 24 black & won back $3,500. So he continued playing until he won $25,000. At that point, a casino host gives them an upgrade to visit the Hardy Palace, where wagers are expensive. Juanita still played slots while Hector played blackjack & lost. Then he switches to Keno to play 5 numbers on a $2 bet, matches all 5 for $10,000! But when he got to the dice table, he crapped out. Meanwhile, his wife won $3,000 on the slots. As they left the casino, Hector is a sore loser over Juanita winning, So with $400 of Josh's money, Hector foolishly played a $100 slot machine, where on the 3rd pull, he gets 3 Super 7's to win the progressive jackpot of $2,000,000! The folks & staff of the casino went wild & they took his picture of his lucky winnings,

JOSH: Man, you won $2,000,000?
HECTOR: No, you did!

Juanita got out a suitcase that was full of money (after taxes). Josh is pleased.

JOSH: So, who's gonna take over Salazar Garage?
JUANITA: You are.
JOSH: Then I quit!
HECTOR: Gonna sell the equipment off so you could remodel this place to make it like a music studio?

Josh nods.

HECTOR: Just remember to pay your bills. Juanita & I also won a home from the casino as well.

Weeks pass, the parents have moved to Long Island. Josh manages to sell the garage equipment to other repair shops, then remodels that area to make it like a music studio where he moves his equipment from his bedroom. He also buys a set of drums to have around when Mikey comes over.

END

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment