Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Mikey & Raph

How each member of TMNT started playing instruments.

Chapter 2 - Mikey & Raph

Chapter 2 - Mikey & Raph
Ex-Cel continued watching the dvd. Splinter discovers that his sons are trying to play instruments. Mikey & Raph each had a Fender Strat electrc guitar. Raph's messing around while Mikey strums chords.

SPLINTER: What's the meaning of this?

They stop playing.

MIKEY: Sensei, we were learning to play the guitar.
RAPH: I'm teaching myself to play while Mikey's learning through a book. Mikey's doing Polly Wolly Doodle which sounds Polly Wolly Crappy!
SPLINTER: A Simpsons joke. Are you doing this to torture me?
MIKEY: No, maybe we wanna give music a chance. Give our hands something to do.
SPLINTER: What about Leo & Don?

They hear Leo playing bass while Don's learning the keytar.

The Turtles practice daily, even Splinter's pleased to see Raph & Mikey getting along for once. Raph playing guitar while Mikey writes on his notepad. They were writing their own songs. When it came time to have the band, Raph & Mikey had a boxing match to determine who'd play guitar. Mikey won with a lucky blow, while Raph had to settle for playing the drums.

When Mikey went skateboarding, he hears a sexy tone of a saxophone. Then he discovers that Raph's playing.

MIKEY: So this is where you've been hiding.

Raph stops playing.

RAPH: Yeah, I've been teaching myself the sax. Thought I could play sexy sounds while Don has drum programs on his keytar. Get nowhere playing drums.
MIKEY: Maybe you could play a little jazz.
RAPH: I hate jazz! Not gonna be another Lisa Simpson, Bart!

After they improved, Splinter told his sons that you can accomplish a lot more with an instrument in your hand, then a weapon.

EX-CEL: Is this when Coming Out of Their Shells started?
LEO: Yeah.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment