Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Rest of the DVD

How each member of TMNT started playing instruments.

Chapter 4 - The Rest of the DVD

Chapter 4 - The Rest of the DVD
Don tells Ex-Cel that the next videos is their personal musical styles. Mikey bugs Leo to play Mikey's dvd first.

RAPH: Quit pestering Leo or I'll spray you with Raid!
MIKEY: RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIID!!!
(BOOM!)
RAPH: Try Raid, kills pests dead!
VENUS: (Laughs) That's funny!
LEO: No, that's another in joke our writer/director slipped in. Better play Mikey's chapter first.

Leo clicks on Mikey. Mikey talks to the camera in his bedroom.

MIKEY: When I saw Raph play the guitar in that commercial, I decided that he could play the guitar while I played the drums. But when we went to a recording studio...

At the recording studio, Mikey sees some percussion instrumnts they already had. First, Mikey banged on the chimes.

RAPH: Leave the instruments alone, this isn't Christmas!
LEO: Raph, let Mikey have fun.

Then Mikey discovered a pair of tympanis, grabbed some mallets & messed on them. He even tried playing a drumroll.

MIKEY: I LOVE PLAYING TYMPANI! COOL!
RAPH: We're a pop band, not a symphony orchestra!
MIKEY: I'll find a way to fit them in our music!

Back to his bedroom...

MIKEY: I did get my own tympani set for Christmas.

Leo puts it back on the main menu.

MIKEY: Where's the rest?
DON: Don't wanna show that scene in front of Raph.
EX-CEL: What scene?
RAPH: Find out later in the fanfic.

Don clicks on his face. There it shows him playing funky music on his bass guitar. Don stops & talks to the camera.

DON: Like Mikey & Raph, Leo & I switched intruments as well. Kinda like playing instruments that require a bass clef.

Don gets off the bass & puts on his sousaphone.

DON: That's right, I play the tuba or sousaphone. When helping April take inventory of her shop, she gave me an old white tuba. So I fixed it up & played. My brothers & Splinter didn't like it. But I met a band geek who taught me to play the sousaphone. I like to play funky on the tuba.

Don plays a funky sousaphone solo. Then it automatically goes back to the main menu.

Leo then clicked on his own face. The video opened with him playing funky music on the organ. Then he talks to the camera.

LEO: Playing the organ relaxes me. Sometimes I sing or other times, I would meditate by playing. Anyways, after Don took the bass, I wanted to be Mr. Keyboard. So besides the organ, I also play the vibes.

Leo gets off the organ & goes to his vibes set. He picks up some mallets & plays a cool solo. After that vibraphone solo, Leo talked to the camera.

LEO: When Master Splinter sent me to fetch Raph. I caught him in Central Park, watching a street jazz band play. He didn't want to leave because he watched a guitarist solo. But after that, I got mesmorized by the sound of the vibes. When their gig was up, some punks attacked them, so Raph & I kicked some shell. The band was so grateful, the guitarist gave Raph on how to play jazz guitar while the vibes dude taught me to play the vibes. Raph digs my music & Ex-Cel likes to play with me.

When that chapter's over, Leo clicked on Raph. Raph's in his bedroom playing a jazz electric guitar.

RAPH: So I'm a rough Turtle that likes to play rock, metal, and anything hip. But that jazz guitarist taught me how to play scales, chords & even make my own soloes. In fact, I don't sing that much while I play, not like Ex-Cel. When I'm not sparring with Ex-Cel, we jam on the guitars/

The dvd's done. Leo places it in a container & gives it to Mikey.

EX-CEL: So that's your musical bios.
MIKEY: Yeah. Wanna play the rest at your place?
EX-CEL: What's on there?
MIKEY: You'll have to find out.

Once they left. Raph yelled...

RAPH: You'll be sorry!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment