Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - An Average Beginning

When Rachael, a girl struggling with Severe Autism, meets a boy who truly understands her, her family''s lives change forever. She wants to teach her friend how to catch the stars, but how can she say it to him?
This is based on dreams/visions I had!

Chapter 1 - An Average Beginning

Chapter 1 - An Average Beginning
A girl stood on a balcony, looking at the stars. She opened her arms, as if she were trying to catch the sparkling objects she loved ever since she was a small child. She could not speak, and she felt that the stars could speak her words.
The girl is autistic, and hers is a severe type that might never be cured. Sometimes she'd flap her hands, spin around for hours, or even cry over a change. She would only eat the things she liked, which was a problem for her parents. The girl's name is Rachael.
"Yo, Rach!"
Rachael turned to see her older brother, Andrew.
"Still looking at the stars?" he asked.
Rachael nods and turns back to the gleaming lights that she adores.
Andrew sighs and stands next to her, giving her a small box. "It's the mood ring I promised you," he whispers.
Rachael opened the box, and her brother was right! She squealed happily as she put the ring on.
It's so pretty, Rachael thought in her intellegent mind. The ring turned pink, a color of happiness, and her eyes glittered.
"We're going to have dinner, sis. Come on!" Andrew shouts as he runs inside. Rachael decides to follow him, and she sees many things on the table.
What should I take?! Rachael thought, confused. There's macaroni and cheese, steak, ham, carrots... and a bunch of stuff I don't like at all.
"Come on, sis!" Aaron, Rachael's little brother, shouted. "I'm hungry!"
Rachael's ring turned purple, meaning embarrassed or mysterious, so she sat down in the seat she usually sits in during every meal. She took the large spoon that sat in the macaroni bowl and put some on her plate. She tapped Andrew's shoulder.
"Oh! The steak, Rach?" Andrew asks.
Rachael nods as she smiles. She then puts carrots and a piece of ham on her plate. What a feast! her mind shouted. I'm digging in! She started eating the carrots. Carrots always came first for her. Then the steak, the ham, and last but not least, macaroni and cheese.
Before she took her first bite of macaroni, she heard a booming noise outside and shrieked a little. Andrew saw something land in the backyard, and it was a already-burnt magazine. He ran to it and brushed off some of the burnt crap... whatever it's called. It said NEW YORK TIMES on the cover. Whoa! For an unusual family in Massachussetts, this was extraordinary!
"New York Times!" Andrew shouted. "How sweet! There's even stuff about the Red Sox winning the World Series in 2004!"
"Let me see!" Aaron screams as he runs outside to observe the magazine.
Rachael runs out as well, but to look at the gleaming stars and cherish them for a few more hours. She ate her macaroni as she looked at them.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

waluigiguy22 on April 28, 2011, 10:07:51 AM

waluigiguy22 on
waluigiguy22This is so cute! :D

CreamandPoppufan166 on April 28, 2011, 10:09:08 AM

CreamandPoppufan166 on
CreamandPoppufan166Thx X3

LOL, New York Times. XD

waluigiguy22 on April 28, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

waluigiguy22 on
waluigiguy22Yeah X3
I like that epic mood ring :3

CreamandPoppufan166 on April 28, 2011, 10:16:09 AM

CreamandPoppufan166 on
CreamandPoppufan166It was based on the mood ring I got when I went camping. XD

waluigiguy22 on April 28, 2011, 10:18:39 AM

waluigiguy22 on
waluigiguy22Epic!
Pink, the color of happiness :3

CreamandPoppufan166 on April 28, 2011, 10:36:17 AM

CreamandPoppufan166 on
CreamandPoppufan166Oh, heck yes.