Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A New Witch's Life! Ojamajo Rachael Appears!

After getting detention for getting into a fight with her long-time rival and ending up at a magic shop, Rachael becomes a Witch Apprentice for Majo Megumi. Will she be able to keep it a secret, or will a few friends join in with her?

Chapter 1 - A New Witch's Life! Ojamajo Rachael Appears!

Chapter 1 - A New Witch's Life! Ojamajo Rachael Appears!
"Aaron! You really had to leave the Xbox on all night?!"

"I can't help it!"

This is what I sometimes wake up to-- Aaron, my lil' bro, and Andrew, my older bro, fighting. Normally, it would be on the weekends or during Holiday Break or Summer Break, but today's a Late Start for my older bro, who's a Sophomore.

My lil' bro's in the Seventh Grade at the Elementary School I promoted from last year. He has a different English and Math teacher than I did in Seventh Grade, but he has my Seventh and Eighth Grade Science teacher and my Eighth Grade History teacher. So you could say he has my History teacher for Seventh and Eighth Grade.

Me, you ask? I'm a Freshman with Asperger's, and I'm VERY lucky not to be in Special Education, because those classes would be too EASY for me, and I'm not in Honor's Classes, because those classes would be HARD.

"Rachael! Your toast!"

I immediately turned and ran downstairs, already dressed. "Is it ready?" I asked.

My mom looks at me and nods. "You got dressed already? Your ponytails..."

"It's no problem at all! I fixed them so I won't be late for the bus this morning!"

I was about to eat my toast when I looked at the time-- 6:24 AM.

"No, no, no! I'm gonna be late!" I shouted as I got my backpack and shoes on, "I'll see you tonight, mom!"

I run outside and make sure to close the door to the house before running to the bus stop as I eat my toast. Luckily, I live rather close to the bus stop, so I don't have to run for a long time.

~~~

On the bus, I sit by myself today while I play  Pokémon HeartGold on my Nintendo DS. Two of my many best friends, Delaney and Cassie, always sit next to each other (unless one of them's gone, I get to sit next to one of them).

"Hey, did you see that show last night?" I heard Cassie ask Delaney.

"Yeah, it was really cool!" was Delaney's answer.

I don't really listen to their conversations unless I'm included in them, so I attempt to try and find out how to get to the next city without the guy with the Rage Candy Bars trying to stop me. No luck so far, but I don't get frustrated. I could get some tips from my friend Bri, but I can't go to the Art room because Juniors and Seniors also have Late Start.

The reason we Freshmen have to go to school is because we have a special assembly thing that lasts for AN HOUR AND A HALF, and I'm FORCED to sit next to the Special Ed kids because of my Asperger's. SOME people think it's fun, but it REALLY isn't. They try to ruin my hair and outfits and accessories and it drives me nuts! I'm not saying I hate them, but I don't like them either. I'm just neutral with them as long as they leave me alone.

But the good thing is that after the assembly, we all get to do whatever we want in the classrooms. I'd most likely try to play my DS or draw some cute anime stuff...

~~~

Finally, the assembly is over and I'm free from my torture! Once everyone was in their respective classrooms, we all got to do whatever we wanted, so I decided to draw and listen to my iPod since I can't use my DS at school.

I get my sketchbook out, flip to a blank page, and start drawing a Sketch Dump, which is a bunch of little drawings in one picture. It's starting to look nice so far, I just need to add more color!

"Why do you draw that crap you call art?"

I turned and see the meanest girl I've known since the sixth grade, Karley, and her friend Jessica.

"Yeah, why DO you draw that crap?" Jessica asked me.

I responded with, "Because I like to draw. People say I'm better than you both combined," with what my friend, Rae, calls my Angel's Smile, which is what I use when I state my facts.

"They what?!" Karley shouted as she began trying to steal my sketchbook as I grabbed it and stood on my desk.

"Rachael! What are you doing?!" the teacher asked me.

"Karley's trying to steal my sketchbook!"

"She says Jessica and I suck at drawing, which we DON'T!" Karley complained.

(I actually DID see something Karley drew on her book cover on a textbook she left in my English class once, and it was really bad to me o_o )

However, she reaches up, tears the page out of my sketchbook, and begins ripping it into tiny, little pieces!

"GYAAAAH!" I cried. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO IT?!"

"She's proving that we're better at drawing," Jessica retorted as she and Karley gave me smug looks on their faces.

I couldn't take it anymore. I haven't tried to do anything bad for two years, but I thought now would be good. I tackled Karley, causing us to get into a major fight with her hitting my head constantly and me biting her arm a few times before the teacher separated us.

"You two will have detention this afternoon!" she lectured to the both of us.

"What'll happen to me?" I asked as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Well, Rachael, since this is the first time you happened to get in a fight with someone, I may as well let you go for this first time."

Lucky, lucky! I thought as I smiled a little.

"As for you," The teacher turns to Karley, "this is the fifth time you've tried to threaten someone, so you WILL get a three-day suspension and three detentions, including this afternoon."

Jessica tried to defend Karley. "That isn't fair! Just because she has some type of Autism--"

"Autistic or not, she's mainly the innocent one," the teacher confirmed.

"Geez..."

~~~

My older brother let my mom know I got detention for that fight, so I had to walk home today. However, I haven't concentrated on the path I was taking, and I ended up near a Magic Shop. I walk towards it and read what the sign says.

"Matsumara Megumi's House of Magic."

I cocked my head in confusion. That name sounded rather familiar, like it was from an anime or something. I then walk into the shop in case I find anything interesting.

The shop looks rather dark and mysterious...

"Welcome."

The voice made me jump, as if fear had crept into me. I then look around for anything interesting, as I then see five special Pendants-- Red, yellow, purple, green, and blue pendants to be exact.

"That's a special set of Pendants, young mistress," the woman tells me as she opens her eyes-- Ruby red eyes.

I looked at the woman and noticed some things-- Her ruby red eyes, a long nose, a yellow crystal that looks like a star, long black hair, and a black outfit.

Witches have red eyes and long noses that they can smell children with...

I then notice there is a tiny, golden-furred cat on her lap.

...They have cats...

She then gave me an evil glare. "What are you looking at, child?!"

And they hate children...!

This is just like Ojamajo Doremi, one of my favorite animes of all time!

"Uhm, Matsuma Ramegumi-san?" I asked.

"It's Matsumara Megumi! This is why I hate most kids..."

I then froze. "I think I know what you are."

Then SHE froze. "Don't say it!"

"You're a..."

A dramatic pause lasted for a few moments as I pointed at her. "You're a witch!"

Then a very random thing happened-- Megumi turned into a Witch Frog, which made me panic a little. "What do I do?!" I asked as I backed away a little.

"I'll have to make you my apprentice," Megumi responded as she faced me.

"Apprentice? As in Witch Apprentice?!" I began to squeal a little! I was going to be like Doremi!

"Yes. Tell me your name, please."

"Oh, it's Rachael."

"Rachael... Hm, you seem like you'd have a sharp eye for certain magic skills, but be oblivious of how to do other types of magic spells."

The cat then transformed into an orange-haired fairy wearing a yellow outfit. "Oh, and my name's Meme, I'm Megumi's fairy," the fairy, Meme, introduced herself.

~~~

I had gotten my Tap and I had transformed, which took me only one try. My witch uniform was yellow, purple, and pink, and I have to admit it's pretty adorable!

"Alright, you'll need to get your poron out," Megumi commanded.

"If I remember correctly..." I began to press a few buttons on my Tap, "Do-Mi-So-Do~!"

And in about five seconds, a poron appeared as I grabbed it.

"That's your wand, the Pikata Poron. Your spell is Pikata Purune Famifae Lala," Megumi noted.

"Pikata Purune Famifae Lala," I repeated. "What should my first spell be?"

"Maybe make something move," Meme suggested as she flew around me.

I then notice my sketchbook on the table. "Oh! Maybe my sketchbook!"

I then get ready to cast my spell. "Pikata Purune Famifae Lala! Flip to a blank page!" I chanted as I pointed the Poron at my sketchbook.

And then my sketchbook quickly flipped to a blank page, just like I wanted!

"Oh, that's impressive for a first spell!" Megumi complimented as she sprang over to me.

"Oh, yeah! I gotta get home!" I suddenly remembered as I looked at the clock, which read that it was 5:32 PM. "I'll see you tomorrow!" 

"Wait, Rachael! Try flying home without being noticed. It's much quicker."

"Okay, thanks for the tip!"

I remembered the notes to get the broom out, and it is very tricky to fly it at first, but then it got easier and easier as I got home...

I also remembered to transform back to my normal clothes before I opened the door to home. "I'm home!"

"Oh, hey, Rachael!" her dad greeted as he rubbed Rachael's head a little. "Why home so late? Andrew said you'd be home by five."

"Oh, Delaney wanted to show me something cool, so I was at her house for a while!"

"I see."

I then ran up to my room and got out my tap. "Well, that's what I want my family to think for now~!"

<Yes! I got chapter one finished... At 10:36 at night. I didn't make the spell, it was in a story one of my best friends Ellie made, so I give lots of credit to her!>

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment