Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Seeds of Hope

The Nintendo Universe is thrown into chaos. Sides will be chosen, worlds destroyed, and lives changed forever. Armageddon has arrived.

Chapter 7 - Seeds of Hope

Chapter 7 - Seeds of Hope
The gims progress was slow. The creation of an interdimensional transportation device was harder than they first anticipated. They all had to get themselves a crash course in quantum physics just to get a better idea of the mechanics involved. But even after that, the concept of interdimensional travel seemed far away. But Meta Knight had faith in the gims, and was confident that if there was a way, they'd find it.
The rest of the crew, in the mean time, kept themselves busy with the task now ahead of them. They spent countless days upgrading their ship, making it more suitable for space travel, as well as giving it the kind of armament and weaponry needed to ensure it would stand a fighting chance against any force that would come against it, should the need arise. They also stocked up on necessary supplies in case of long trips. They even created a special nest for Dyna Blade inside the hanger, reserving hopes that they would find an open space more suitable for her.
Meta Knight also kept himself, as well as Daisy, busy. For reasons he failed to devulge to anyone, he started taking Daisy for tours around the ship, helping her familiarize herself with every part of the Haldberd. After months of this, Daisy came to memorize every bolt and weld in the ship. Daisy still wondered why this was necessary, though Meta Knight still told her nothing of his intent.
Adeleine and Kirby had also been busy, searching for more allies. They searched through all of Pop Star, looking for warriors, if there were any, who would join them. This, however, proved difficult, as Meta Knight had said. The chances of actually finding capable fighters among the denizens of Pop Star was slim, and those they did manage to find proved either difficult to convince of the danger or just unwilling to join their side. In all the time they spent searching, they were able to recruit no one.
A year had passed since they first began their mission, and Kirby and Adeleine were just returning from yet another unsuccessful search. Daisy was with Meta Knight, going over ship schematics, and Dyna Blade was snuggled in it's makeshift nest, quietly resting.
When Adeleine and Kirby reached the command deck, both simply slumped into empty chairs; the rest of the command crew was enjoying some well needed R & R. When Daisy looked over to them, she could tell the news wasn't good.
"No luck?" she asked.
"Nope," Adeleine answered disheartedly. Kirby punctuated his answer with a deep, depressing sigh.
"Well, it was good of you to try," Meta Knight said as he looked up at them.
"I just can't believe how they were all unwilling to help," Adeleine said, "it's like they're either completely thick-headed or they refuse to believe us."
"It is just how they are," Meta Knight replied, "they boast of their strength, but when real danger arises, they'll be more than willing to avoid a fight."
"I just hope we can find more courageous souls in the other worlds," Daisy said disappointedly.
Just as she finished her sentence, one of the gims rushed in from the elevator directly over to Meta Knight. It then started chatting excitedly to Meta Knight in it's computerized yada yada language. Daisy wasn't sure how anyone could understand the denizens of this world.
Upon hearing the gim's message, he asked, "You've done it?"
The gim began chatting again, apparantly explaining the ramifications of the gims' plan.
When he'd finished, Meta Knight asked, "You're certain this will work?"
The gim nodded.
"Very well," Meta Knight said, "make final preparations."
The gim saluted and then dashed off. No sooner had this happened when Meta Knight reached for the microphone and ordered through the overhead speakers, "All hands to stations. Prepare to disembark."
As soon as the order was given, Daisy could faintly hear hurried feet throughout the ship. The elevator started opening and closing periodically as the bridge sailors, or waddle dees as Daisy had learned to call them, hurried to their stations on the command deck. It wasn't long before Blade Knight also appeared on the command deck.
After everyone was assembled on deck, Meta Knight told one of the waddle dees, "Activate the Hyper Cannon and input this wavelength frequency."
The waddle dee looked over the frequency number and carried out the command as directed. Blade Knight, meanwhile, started looking rather worried when he heard Meta Knight's command.
"The Hyper Cannon, sir?" he asked shakily.
Meta Knight simply turned to him and said, "Trust me."
Adeleine looked warily at Meta Knight for a moment, then looked over to Kirby, who didn't seem worried at all.
It wasn't long before a low hum started to echo throughout the ship. Steadily, the sound grew louder and louder until Daisy and Adeleine had to cover their ears; the command crew hardly reacted to the sound and waited patiently. Then one of the waddle dees turned to Meta Knight, yelled something in yada, then Meta Knight yelled, "Fire the Cannon!"
The waddle dee pressed a bright red button on it's console, and the entire ship shook violently as though a storm had suddenly appeared from nowhere. On the viewing screen, Daisy could make out a great energy beam flowing from the bottom of the screen to a point not so far away from the ship. She could only assume the beam was being fired by them, and it's purpose was far beyond her at the moment.
The Haldberd continued to shake as the energy beam it was firing surged forward. It wasn't long before Daisy noticed that the beam was only going a short ways, disappearing into what looked to her as a semi-invisible ripple. Before long, the ripple exploded into a bright flash; so bright all present had to cover their eyes.
When the light dimmed, everyone on the command deck looked out to see a giant portal of light, gently glistening in mid-air. It looked as though someone had torn a hole in a moving picture screen, and through the hole they could see a blue, rippling, surface.
"Is that it?" Blade Knight asked warily.
"It is," Meta Knight replied, "this is your ticket away from here."
The crew remained silent as they stared at the wonder before them. Daisy, however, had caught Meta Knights words and was facing him asking, "What did you mean by that?"
Blade Knight turned, curious as to what Daisy was talking about, then she asked again, "What did you mean by 'your ticket away?'"
Meta Knight said nothing, and soon the whole command crew was watching him. He then walked over to the microphone and switched on the overhead speakers.
"Men," he spoke, "this is Meta Knight, your leader. Over the years, you've served me well and true. For that, I am truly greatful. You've never hesitated in following orders, no matter how ludicrous they may have sounded."
Daisy saw two waddle dees exchange worried looks as Meta Knight continued, "With that in mind, I'm certain that you all will live up to your vows, and accept one last command from me."
A dreadful hush fell over the entire ship as Meta Knight gave the command: "For now, I resign my command over the Haldberd."
The silence was broken by fearful murmurings among the waddle dees. Blade Knight was about to protest, but Meta Knight raised his hand to silence him. He then continued his speech, "I know how you all must feel, but I ask you to have faith, for I leave you in capable hands. I turn command of this vessel...to Princess Daisy."
The entire crew became silent again, this time in true shock. Daisy was no less shocked than everyone else.
"Meta Knight! you can't be serious!" Daisy blurted out.
"My Lord, I must also interject! This is simply insanity!" Blade Knight added. The rest of the crew raised similar concerns.
"I understand your concerns," Meta Knight responded calmly, "But I've shown her all she needs to know. And I believe, since she is so adamant about taking action, that she should be the one to lead the new rebellion."
"But Meta Knight!" Daisy protested, "I can't lead! I'm not a leader!"
"You are a princess, correct?"
"Well, yes, but-!"
"That settles it, then."
"Meta Knight, you're not listening-!"
"Listen to me, Princess," Meta Knight said as he took Daisy's hand, "great leaders do not become great because they chose to be great. They have greatness thrust upon their shoulders."
Daisy was silent for a moment, so Meta Knight continued, "I know you are capable of this. You just need to step up and try."
Daisy felt that same queezy feeling start to sneak up on her again, but this time she did her best to supress it. Taking a big gulp, she plucked up her courage and stood ready to take charge.
"Blade Knight," Meta Knight turned to his first officer, "I trust you can assist the Princess in her new position?"
"Of course, my Lord," Blade Knight replied, his voice shaking slightly.
"Where will you go, then?" Adeleine asked hastily.
"As I said before, the people of this world have few champions. Therefore, they will need someone to look after them when danger draws near. I will do what I can for Pop Star; the rest of you must see to the rest of the universe."
"I understand," Daisy said as she choked back tears, "I...we won't let you down."
Meta Knight gave a good nod in response, then marched off to the elevator. As the doors shut, he gave one last look over to Kirby, who stared back with confident eyes. A while after the doors to the elevator closed, the view screen switched to the ships rear view, showing Meta Knight as well as a few loyal soldiers flying off in the ships fighters back towards Dreamland. After they disappeared from sight, the entire crew looked over to Daisy, who began to feel their stares.
"Your orders...my Lady?" Blade Knight asked humbly.
Daisy remained silent for a moment, getting a good look at the portal, which was now beginning to close on itself. Her entire future was about to take a radical new change in course. But there was no turning back now; it was do...or die.
"Full speed ahead...please," Daisy said.
Blade Knight then turned to the crew and barked, "You heard the Captain! Full thrusters! Into the portal!"
The waddle dees immediately set to work, and the ship slowly glided into the portal.

Meta Knight had halted his squadron just out of visual range of the Haldberd to see her one last time. He watched as the ship flew into the portal and eventually disappeared. After the portal closed completely, he gave a deep sigh.
The seeds of hope have been scattered to the far winds. I pray they bear fruits of success.
No sooner had he thought this that at that moment, more dimensional portals began popping out of nowhere in the skies above Dreamland. It wasn't long before large, black, ships began coming into view. They were enormous; shaped like sailing vessels only with black wings for oars and several cannons mounted on their decks.
"Men, our enemy has arrived," Meta Knight had told his commrades.
"Shall we engage?" one of the pilots asked.
"Not now," Meta Knight replied, "We must plan our strategy first. If we are to be successful against our new foe, we must be at our best. For now, we break to the West."
At once, the fighters sped off towards the Westerly direction, making sure to remain hidden among the clouds. Meanwhile, the flying warships, which were steadily growing in numbers with each new arrival, started heading downwards towards the plantet surface. Escorting them were large numbers of fighter planes known as Rocketons. The entire armada floated menacingly towards the planet as if out for blood...

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

darkyoshi555 on June 28, 2008, 3:19:43 AM

darkyoshi555 on
darkyoshi555ohh, this is getting exciting!

aquaeevee on June 16, 2008, 6:35:07 AM

aquaeevee on
aquaeeveethis is starting to sound like all will not end well for dee dee dee and metaknight should this be darkness marios doing

neodusk on January 17, 2008, 12:52:19 PM

neodusk on
neoduskThe action is nearing!!! :P