Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 33 - The fourth child's story

This story is about a strange pilot who arrives in tokyo-3 to be a pilot of unit 04.But something is strange about him.

Chapter 33 - The fourth child's story

Chapter 33 - The fourth child's story
It is now the next day after the battle with the 7th angel and the Eva's have been retrieved.Misato was happy about the defeat of the angel but upset because two of her charges fought each other with
there Eva's which is considered a crime according to Nerv's rule book. And right after the angel was killed too.The two pilots are being held in a cell with each being chained to the wall to stop them from killing each other.The door opens and misato steps in.Looking seriously at both of them.Misato:What did you two think you were doing yesterday.Both dont answer.Misato:Answer the question!Asuka:Well,it wasnt MY fault.The idiot over there started it.Justin:Oh,so i called you a dog.Big deal.Asuka:It's a big deal if you say it to someone as great as me.Justin:You mean as great as a pebble.Asuka is now getting pissed.Asuka:Your such a freak.Justin:Takes one to know one.The two then start arguing untill misato decides to speak again.Misato:Enough!The two pilots quiet down.Misato:You were to beat the angel.Nothing else.But because of what you two did,The sub-commander isnt happy.You dont use the Eva for your own personal use.That's not what they are for.And because of you two,i got deranked.I'm now a liutenent.You two need to seriously think about what you've done.You've cost me my rank.Justin:You would of lost it anyway.Misato turns towards justin and walks towards him.Misato:What was that?Justin:You heard me.The way you drink,the way you show up late.I'm surprised they let you keep your rank for this long.Misato get's really angry and slaps him across the face.Misato:Listen.And listen good.I've got only one more chance to go back to my regular rank.If either of you mess this up for me.Not only are you getting punished but your not gonna be allowed to pilot anymore.Asuka:What!Misato:You heard me.Asuka:That's not fracking fare.You guys dont even have anymore pilots do you.And i dont mean wondergirl or the scared twit.Misato:That may be.But we still have them.Justin:Fine with me.I'm sick of living in japan anyway.I'll just go back to america where i belong.It's better then dealing with you people.Misato:Allright.Fine.If that's what you want.Then go ahead.But remember.Unit 04 stays.Justin:No it fracking doesnt.It comes back with me.We're going to the first branch.Misato:No it doesnt.It's our property.Not the united states.Just like you.Justin then turns his head.Justin:So,that's what we are.Just tools or property that you own.You just treat us like we're some kind of doll that will obey your every command.That's pityful.Really.You dont treat people like they're something you can throw away.That's not human.Misato:No.But that's how we're survive.We need to use people just to survive.Justin:AND THAT MAKES IT OKAY.WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU.YOU DONT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT.EVEN IF YOU NEED TO SURVIVE.THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SURVIVE YOU TWIT.Misato:AND YOU KNOW ABOUT SURVIVNG.Justin:Of course.I dont use people like you idiots do.And i should know about being used too.I was used in the first branch when they were testing the protoype unit 04.They had no concern about me.Only about unit 04 activating properly.Not my life.They didnt care whiether i survived or not.The only reason they had me was so i would be the pilot.Unit 04 would not of worked other wise.I still remember about how i almost died because unit 04 went out of control much like it did here.


(Flashback)
At the Nerv first branch base.Unit 04 was undergoing a activation test.
Announcer:The pilot has arrived.Repeat.The pilot has arrived.The announcement went throughout the whole place.In the control room,scientists were at there controls with the commander standing there.
Commander jones:Has the pilot been inserted in the Eva yet?Scientist 1:Not yet.He's getting in now.The pilot gets in the tubular plug and sits down in the chair in front of some controls.Dr.Pete:The pilot is now in the plug.Now inserting.The entry plug inserts into the neck of the eva and gets locked in place.Dr.Pete:Entry plug in place.Commander jones:Good.Begin the activation test.He heard yes sir from everyone.Miss.Rose:We are now connecting the power supply.Power supply connected.Starting activation system.Dr.Pete:Voltage is increasing to the critical point.0.4,0.1,rising.Commander jones:Start the second activation phase.Miss.Rose:Yes sir.Pilot is connected.Dr.Myers:Start system phase 2.On the screen in front,it shows unit 04's neurons.Dr.Pete:Synapses inserted.Junction started.Miss.Rose:Pulses transmitted.Dr.Pete:All circuits operational.Miss.Rose:The initial contact is fine.Dr.Pete:Power has been transmitted up to the brachial muscle in both arms.No problems detected with the nerve links.Miss.Rose:Everything checked out fine.Up to 2544 on list satisfaction.Commander jones:Arrange for third connection.Miss.Rose:Up to 2550 satisfied.Until abosolute borderline,0.9,0.8,0.7,0.6,0.3,0.1.What the!Dr.Pete:The pulses are begining to flow backwards.Problems encountered on third stage.The pilot is being rejected on the nerve center elements.Commander jones:Stop the contacts.Break the circuits up to the 5th.Miss.Rose:Right.She presses the switch to break the circuits but dosent succeed.Miss.Rose:Negative.The signal is not being accepted.Unit 04 is going out of control.In the test room,Unit 04 starts going nuts and tries to break free of it's restraints.Commander Jones:Stop the experiment.Shut off the power.Dr.Myers:You heard him.Miss.Rose:Right.She tries shutting off the power but fails.Miss.Rose:No good.Unit 04 wont shut off it's power.Dr.Pete:30 seconds until complete standstill.In the test room,unit 04 breaks free of it's restraints and starts pounding the wall until it breaks through.Commander jones:What's the status of the pilot?Miss.Rose:We dont know.Unit 04 shut off the link into the plug.We're not sure if the pilot is alive.Commander jones:I understand.We shall asume the pilot is dead.Everyone clear on that.All people:Yes sir.Commander jones:Dr.Myers.The researcher next to him turns his head.Dr.Myers:Yes sir.Commander jones:Take care of this.Dr.Myers:Yes sir.The commander then leaves.Dr.Myers turns his attention back to what's happening.Dr.Myers:Release Bokilete.Miss.Rose:Yes sir.Green fluid fills the room with unit 04 and starts taking effect.Unit 04 starts punching again until the bokilete stops it's rampage.Everyone in the control room sighs.Dr.Myers:Allright.Let's wait until tomorrow to eject the entry plug.It'll be safer.Miss.Rose:But what about the pilot.Dr.Myers:The commander said he's dead.Besides,He's only one of many useless tools.We can replace him.He's of no use to us anymore.Dr.Myers then leaves the room.Dr.Pete:He's right.Unit 04 acted up because of the pilot.We will try with a new one.Dr.Pete get's up and leaves with everyone else.Miss.Rose however remains behind.

(End flashback)
Justin:So you see.I was just a useless tool to them.They just used me and other kids to see if we could activate unit 04.Tha's all we were to them.Useless items.Just like i am here.Now you see dont you.My life was not of importance.I was hoping it was different here.But i was wrong too.Justin looks to see if misato was listening and he finds her with tears in her eyes.Justin:Misato.Are you ok?Misato looks at him and wipes the tears from her face with her sleeve before smiling back.Misato:Yes.And your right.I shouldnt treat you guys like that.Sorry.She moves in to hug justin.Justin:It's ok.But you can stop.I cant breathe.She let's go.Misato:Sorry.Justin:Is asuka allright.Misato looks behind her and finds her asleep before turning back.Misato:Yeah she's allright.Let's get you guys out huh.Justin smiles at that so does misato while asuka sleeps.To be continued.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

bigguy on September 4, 2006, 10:00:02 PM

bigguy on
bigguyawesome story keep up the work