Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Lost And Found

Dolosus, a skilled assassin, has already failed once in the murder of a particularly annoying enemy. When given another chance, its clear that another failure wont be tolerated. Are bloodlust and determination enough to succeed?

Chapter 6 - Lost And Found

Chapter 6 - Lost And Found
Author's notes:
-Hi again! D.A. back again, this time with another chapter written by Brian, mostly because I was too intimidated by my lack of cultural knowledge regarding Guatemala. I think that it's safe to assume that his knowledge on this topic isn't too much better, but hey, that little difference is good enough for me.
-Pictures of all of the characters can be found in my profile.
-There are no such places as the Roullette airport, or Bifess, Guatemala. Don't bother looking, really, they were made up.
-....I can't think of anything else to say. *Epic fail* Right, well, enjoy :D



On December 30th, two airplanes arrived at the Roullette airport in Bifess, Guatemala. The first one touched down around 11:00 a.m. The passengers got off and went to gather their belongings. A few people stared as a girl with bright pink hair lifted two suitcases off of the conveyor belt. The man she was with waited until he found an oblong package and picked it up before it could get away from him. The two then got into a cab and drove away.
The next plane arrived at 11:30 a.m. The passengers that got off included two rather peculiar girls. One had her hair tied up with a big blue ribbon, and was carrying a bird cage with a seagull in it. The other had a belt tied around her waist and wore a baseball cap tightly on her head. They grabbed their suitcases and hailed a cab. After hitting herself with the car door, the girl with the ribbon and birdcage told the driver where to go. Coincidentally, they drove in the same direction as the other two.

"We shouldn't be wasting time," Kat said, "We made it to Guatemala. We should be out there, searching for Altojo."
"Shh," Dolosus hushed her. He was trying to listen to the phone.
Kat got frustrated and sat herself down right in front of him. For the first time since she had joined the organization, she looked him square in the face, staring right into his eyes.
"Why are we still here in this hotel room?"
Dolosus looked at her, then turned away as he heard someone on the other end pick up.
"Hello? This is Dolosus. Who is this...? Very well. Tell Demonic that Kat and I have landed safely and are beginning our search."
He hung up the phone and walked to his suitcase. They had just checked into their hotel and now Dolosus began unpacking. Kat hadn't even touched her own suitcase. She paced up and down the room, wanting very much to leave, but slightly afraid to, since Dolosus was calling the shots.
"Dolosus, please. You called home, alright? Now let's go."
"Kat. You need to calm down. I don't think Altojo is going anywhere soon, okay? Besides, we could be here for a couple of days. It's best to unpack and get at least a little comfortable."
"How can you be so calm?"
"This is just another mission. True, I've never done a recovery before, but it shouldn't be that much different."
"You mean except for the fact that you don't kill the person you're looking for."
"Was that your attempt at humor?" he asked.
Kat just looked at him. She heaved a sigh and grabbed her suitcase. She opened the bottom drawer of the dresser and dumped all of her clothes.
"There, happy now?" she asked.
Dolosus looked at her. He rolled his eyes and opened the oblong package they brought with them. Inside were his scythe and her leaf. He passed her the weapon and tied his to his back.
"Let's get started."

Cinta and Kitty checked into their hotel. They unpacked and began sprucing up in front of the mirror as they talked over their mission.
"Alright, let's go over this again," Kitty said with trying patience, "We are here to find Altojo and bring him back with us."
"Right. Why, again?" Cinta asked.
"We bring him back because he is the only one who might possibly know where Kat is, and we need Kat because she knows where the file is, and we need the file because... well, actually, Maion needs the file, but that's not the point."
"Ohh, that's right. Why does Maion think he's in Guatemala?"
"That's not for us to know," Feebus said from his cage, "We're just here to find and retrieve, not to ask questions."
"Well, then let the finding begin." Kitty said.
She picked up the cage and brought it to the window. She opened the window and the cage, then gave Feebus a copy of a photograph of Altojo.
"Remember: find him and then come back to us with a location," Kitty told him.
Feebus nodded,too the photo, and walked out the window.

Dolosus and Kat spent the entire day in Guatemala, searching the city for any trace of Altojo. They visited countless stores and kiosks, showing Kat's picture of him to numerous people. Most of the people they encountered did not speak English, but a simple shake of the head was easy enough to understand. No one seemed to have seen Altojo at all. Dolosus began wondering if they were on a wild goose chase. He and Kat spent their entire day watching people shake their heads at the photo. In defeat, they returned to their hotel and hoped for better results the next day.
In the morning, Dolosus woke up and found himself alone in the room. He dressed and walked down the stairs to the dining room of the hotel. A buffet style breakfast was being served. He grabbed a plate and filled it with pancakes and bacon, then looked around the room and spotted Kat talking with a man he did not recognize. He walked over and sat down next to the two.
"Who is this?" he asked.
"My name es Pedro," He said in broken English.
"Pedro says he saw a man with a bandana around his eyes a couple of days ago. he said he can take us to where Altojo was last seen," Kat said.
"Really? That's terrific. That means we wont have to go to the police."
They finished their breakfast and left the hotel. After a short taxi ride, they found themselves in a part of town that was basically one giant market place.
"He was here a few dias ago," Pedro said.
"What was he doing?" Dolsosus asked.
"The same as everyone else: buying y selling."
"What do you think the chances of him coming back here are?" Kat whispered to Dolosus.
"It depends. If he was getting food, then that means this could be his regular grocery store. If so, then he'll probably be back soon."
They walked throughout the market place, braked mid-day for lunch, and then bid farewell to Pedro. After dinner, they happened to walk down an alley which was lined on either side with birdcages. Colorful birds lined the walls, some squawking, others sleeping, some singing to their friends in nearby cages.
Dolosus and Kat stopped a couple of times to admire the wonderful and amazing plumages. Dolosus was looking at a particular bird that had mostly black feathers, except for a sky blue train that ran from a crown on its head, down the back, and ended in a marvelously long tail. It stared at him and walked back and forth on the bar with silver colored talons.
Dolosus was about to reach out and pet the bird, when he heard Kat scream. He whirled around and saw her running down the alley.
"Kat!" He yelled and chased after her.
"It's him! It's Altojo! I just saw him!"
"You did? Where?"
"This way!"
They ran through the maze of wooden cages. Dolosus soon caught up to Kat. He looked ahead and, sure enough, saw Altojo at the end of the alley. He looked at the two of them and ran.
"Altojo! Wait! It's me, Kat!"
He didn't stop. He kept running away from them. The birds around them started shrieking and calling. The maze of cages and flashing colors of feathers eventually broke as the two of them made their way out of the alley. Now, they were in a street filled with people. Altojo was pushing people out of the way, looking over his shoulder every once and a while.
Dolosus and Kat followed suit. They weaved their way through the crowd, careful not to get run over by the maniacs on bicycles, determined to get to Altojo no matter what.

There was a tap at the window. Kitty got up and went over to open it.
They had let Feebus out after checking into their hotel, and then spent the rest of the day shopping for souvenirs. They spent the morning of the next day lounging by the hotel pool, and now they were in their hotel room watching a movie.
Kitty opened the window and Feebus walked into the room. He saw Cinta sitting on the bed and walked over to her.
"Ow!" she exclaimed as he pecked her on the head.
"What are you two doing?"
"We're watching a movie. Look," she said an pointed to the TV.
'Spanish gibberish spoken really quickly, Who's That Girl, more Spanish gibberish said quickly.'
"There aren't even any subtitles." he said.
"I know," Kitty replied, "It's more fun when you make up your own lines."
"Well, turn it off. I found Altojo."

"I don't understand," Kat said, "Why is he running from us?"
"Maybe he doesn't want to be your friend anymore," Dolosus suggested helpfully.
"That's crazy. Who wouldn't want to be my friend?"
Dolosus rolled his eyes.
They followed Altojo through the crowd of peple, literally through a fruit stand, past a few speeding bikers, and into another crowd.
"Why do these kinds of countries always have so many people?" Dolosus said with a scowl, "There should be some kind of population control."
"You can decapitate the natives after we catch up with Altojo," Kat answered.
They turned a corner and both ran into someone. All four of them fell on the ground. All four of them rubbed their heads as they got up. All four of them realized that they knew each other.
"You," Dolosus said, "You're that girl who's life I saved in Otakon! And you, I fought you on the bridge with Crimson!"
"You," Cinta said, "You're that guy who ruined my mission in Otakon! And you, you're that girl from the security photo!"
"You," Kitty said, "You're that guy who was trying to kill Crimson! And you, Kat!"
"You," Kat said, "You're the last person I ever wanted to see again. And you! Actually, I've never seen you before."
"Oh, my name is Cinta. How do you do?" she greeted politely as she extended her hand.
"Cinta, don't touch them. They're the enemy," Kitty snarled.
"What do you mean," Dolosus retorted, "You guys are the enemy."
"Yeah, that's right," Kat joined in, "Now what are you guys doing here?"
"I just lost sight of Altojo," Cinta said sadly, "Looks like he got away."
"Altojo?!" Dolosus and Kat yelled at the same time.
"Not that it's any concern of yours, sister dear," Kitty said to Kat, "but Cinta and I are here on a mission to take Altojo back with us."
"What? Oh, no you don't. He's my friend. He's coming with us," Kat said.
"What about you?" Cinta asked Dolosus, "I haven't seen you since Otakon."
"Wait, what?" Kat turned to him, "Dolosus, you were in Otakon?"
"Oh, so your name is Dolosus." Cinta smiled.
"Kat, look, I was only there because Demonic wanted to make sure you got the job done."
"Demonic?" Kitty repeated, "Oh, now I get it. So, Kat, it looks like your joined an assassination organization too, and the wrong one at that. Maion is going to take Demonic down. Once we find Altojo, that is."
"Look, sister dear. I don't need any back talk from the likes of you."
The four of them all stood in silence. Kat had her hand on the stem of her leaf. Kitty had her hand wrapped around her phone in her pocket. Dolosus had his hand on the staff of his scythe. Cinta was staring at a cloud that looked an awfully lot like a bull. Finally, Dolosus swung his scythe in a lightening fast stroke, cut a hole in the universe, pushed Kat in, and then jumped in after her before it disappeared.

Dolosus and Kat went back to their hotel room. Kat threw her leaf into the closet and then sat down on her bed in a huffy mood. Dolosus carefully laid down his scythe and opened a bottle of water. He offered a bottle to Kat, but she ignored it.
"Look," he said, "It's very late. We'll just look for him tomorrow."
"It's New Year's Eve! There is no late," she fired back.
Dolosus sighed, "You're right. I'm just using that as an excuse. You can't function properly in your current mood. Especially with those two out there." He sat down and faced her. "Kitty is your sister. What happened between you two?"
"Several years ago, we had a huge fight, and I took off and never saw her or my parents again."
"What was the fight about?"
"Something personal. But it doesn't matter now. The sooner we find Alojo, the sooner we can get out of Guatemala and away from her."
"We're not continuing our search until tomorrow. Like I said: You can't function in your present state."
Kat wanted to fight back, but she knew Dolosus was in charge and thought better of it. Instead, she just stared at the wall. Dolosus made on final attempt to get her to drink something, but gave in and went into the bathroom.

"You lost him? Do you have any idea how long it took me to find him?" Feebus yelled, pecking Cinta on her head. Kitty had gone into the bathroom and was staring at herself in the mirror. She splashed some water on her face in an attempt to calm herself.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Cinta pleaded, covering her head.
"Not as sorry as I'm going to be tomorrow. It's exhausting walking around, searching the thousands of people in this city for one man. The only good thing is that we're not home, or I'd be frozen solid."
"I'm sorry!"
"How'd I ever get stuck with someone like you? What happened anyway?"
"I don't know. It all happened so quickly. One minute, we're chasing him down the street, the next, we run into those two and loose sight of him."
Feebus stopped pecking. "What two?"
"Some guy named Dolosus and Kitty's sister. They were also after him." Cinta rubbed her scalp.
"Kitty's sister was there? Kat was there?"
"That's what I said."
If seagulls could smile, Feebus would have had the biggest smile ever.
"This is perfect," he said.
"What do you mean?"
"You imbecile. Don't you remember the whole reason why we wanted to find Altojo? We needed him because we thought he would know where Kat is, because she has the file that Maion needs. But if we already know where Kat is, we don't need him."
"So we can stop looking for him! Feebus, you're brilliant!"
"We better call Maion and let her know."
"Right! Hey, Kitty! Kitty?"
Cinta bounced to the bathroom door and banged on it. There was no answer. She tried again. Then she tried the door knob and found it open. When she entered the bathroom, it was empty, and the window was wide open.

Dolosus came out of the bathroom. He had been thinking that maybe he had been to hard on Kat. It was New Year's Eve. Altojo might be out on the town this late. Plus, it would be dangerous to wait until the next day in case he decided to skip town. When he was ready to tell her, however, he found the hotel room empty. He rushed to the closet and saw that the leaf was gone.
"Oh, Kat."

Kat ran through the streets. All of the shops and stores were closed and the lights had all been turned off. Even with the full moon, it was still very dark. Kat knew that she wouldn't find Altojo like this. Finally, she ran down an ally and climbed an emergency fire escape. Once she was on top of the building, she looked around. A glow emanated from a couple of blocks away. She climbed back down and headed in that direction. As she got closer, the roar of laughter, singing, cheering, and music met her, as did a few people dressed in colorful outfits. They were all crowded and moving in the same direction.
Kat climbed to the top of another building. This time, when she looked down, she realized she had reached the center square of the city. The entire square was packed with people. They were all conversing, passing around champagne, and listening to a live band. Across the courtyard, over the rooftops of the other buildings, Kat could see an enormous clock tower. it was about half an hour until midnight. There were only thirty minutes left until the end of the year.
She turned her gaze from the clock tower to the vast sea of people. She scanned for a tall, blonde man with a bandana around his eyes. Unfortunately, there were so many people and colors that she could barely make out individual characteristics. She was so concentrated on her search, she didn't hear someone creeping up behind her.
"Well, well, look what the Kat dragged in."
Kat whirled around and found herself face to face with her sister.

Dolosus browbeat himself for being so stupid. He left an emotional woman with a weapon alone in their room. That wasn't exactly the brightest idea he'd had. Now he was running through the dark streets of the city, trying to find her. He wondered if this Altojo guy was really worth all this trouble. As he turned a corner, he saw Cinta running towards him. She was him and came to a halt.
"Where is Kitty?" she demanded.
"Kitty? I don't know. I was looking for Kat," he replied.
"Liar!" she shouted.
She threw her arm forward. The ribbon that was wrapped around it suddenly came to life. It unwrapped itself and flew towards Dolosus. He was surprised, but curious about her technique. He never knew anyone to fight with a ribbon before. He did know, however, that a ribbon was no match for his scythe. He ducked out of the way and cut it. The pieces fell, lifeless to the ground. Cinta looked as if she had just been slapped across the face.
"I don't really feel like fighting anyone right now," he said and cut himself a hole that exited down the street behind Cinta. He started running again, but tripped and fell as something wrapped around his leg. He looked and saw the ribbon on her other arm had tied itself around his ankles.
"Tell me where Kitty is," she demanded again.
"Hey loser, listen to me," he called back as he cut the ribbon and stood up, "I-Don't-Know-Where-She-Is."
This time, Cinta unwrapped the ribbons on her wrists manually. Then, while twirling like a ballet dancer, she started using them like whips. He jumped back and forth to dodge their strikes. Although they were just ribbons, he saw them smash the crates and barrels they hit when she missed him. When he finished jumping, he spun around and cut both of the ribbons at the same time. He gave Cinta a sneer as the pieces fell.
"I'm not done yet!" she yelled.
She ran and jumped into the air. At the pinnacle of the jump, she began to spin in circles. Rather than fall back down to the ground, she hovered there. As she spun faster and faster, the remaining ribbons on her body unfurled themselves and completely covered her in a blur of color. Then, one giant ribbon, that seemed to be made up of all the others, shot out of the blur and circled around Dolosus, giving him a good three feet of room. Then, just as quickly as it came, the giant ribbon contracted and constricted around itself until there was nothing left but a sphere made of ribbons.
Cinta finally landed. She knew she had him trapped. She extended her hand towards the sphere and gradually closed them. As she did so, the sphere began to collapse in on itself. Suddenly, the blade of the scythe ripped through the ribbon. Like a shark fin tearing through water, it dragged across the full surface of the sphere in a lightening fast movement, until there was nothing left but little pieces fluttering to the ground.
Dolosus glared at her. Cinta gasped.
"I see," she said, "Guess I'll have to get serious on you."
She reached up and untied the two ribbons in her hair. She firmly grasped both of them and stared him down. Dolosus wasn't sure if he was amused that such a little girl was fighting him, curious to see what her "serious" move was, or bored because he knew she couldn't beat him. He never got to see it, though. At that moment, Feebus came running on the air towards them.
"You guys! You guys!"
"What is it, Feebus? Can't you see we are fighting?" Cinta asked, annoyed.
"You'll want to put your fight on hold. I found Kitty... and Kat."
"You found Kat?" Dolosus asked.
"Yes, I did. The two of them are on top of a three story building near the town square. It looks like they're about to have a fight!"

Kat and Kitty stared at each other. The noises of the party below rose around them as the crowd grew more excited. Midnight was approaching.
"What do you want?" Kat spat.
"Listen closely, because this is the only time you will ever hear me say this: I want you."
"Excuse me?"
"I want you to come with me."
"Why?"
"You have something I want. A file taken from Demonic is in your possession. I need it."
"A file? What's it to you? Why do you want it?"
"That's none of your business."
Kat thought for a moment. Realization dawned on her.
"You were searching for Altojo to use him to get to me," she said.
Kitty nodded. "Are you going to give up the file or not?"
"You can have it over my dead body."
"Fine," Kitty said. She took her cell phone out of her pocket, clicked the trigger and a blade popped out of the top. She dashed forward. Kat took her leaf from behind her and blew a gust attack. Kitty was blown away and landed across the rooftop. She got up and shook the dizziness from her head. It had been a long time since the two sisters had seen each other fight. Neither of them really knew the other's fighting style.
So, she uses that leaf to blow wind, Kitty thought, Fine.
She stuck dagger between her teeth, got down on all fours and ran forward. Kat launched another gust at her, but she jumped out of the way. Kitty leaped from side to side as Kat threw gust after gust.
Finally, Kitty got close enough to attempt to stab Kat. Kat held the leaf between them. The dagger went through the leaf and stuck. The sisters pulled back and forth like a tug of war. Kitty used her tail to knock Kat's feet out from under her. She wrenched the dagger out of the leaf and jumped into the air. As she came down, dagger at the ready, Kat swung the leaf and propelled her away.
Kat got up and watched her sister land on her feet. Kitty did a pirouette and let two concealed daggers shoot out from her foot. Kat activated her windshield and knocked them away. When the shield dissipated another dagger came into view, heading right for her face. She ducked and felt it whiz through her hair. She looked up and glowered at her sister. Kitty smiled.
"You're quick, but I'm quicker," Kitty said and got down on all fours again. She was faster this time.
She's tougher than I thought, Kat thought, I know I made a rule for myself, but it looks like I may have to break it. Besides, she is family and deserves my best.
Kat focused her energy to her feet. Tiny, translucent wings appeared on her ankles. She jumped into the air as Kitty made to stab her in the chest. She soured over the rooftop. At the peak of her height, she blasted more gusts.
The attacks rained down around Kitty. She jumped around and dodged all of the attacks, except one. It came behind her and propelled her forward. Kat landed in her path and smacked Kitty with the leaf. Kitty landed and had the wind knocked out of her.
"I left home because I never wanted to see you again," Kat said as she walked over to Kitty, "Now I go to Guatemala so I can find my friend, and who do I find instead? You. Now you're telling me you want a file and you'll kill me to get it. Well guess what? I have no problem-"
Kitty's tail whipped up and slapped Kat across the face. Kat staggered back. Her sister got up and coughed a little.
"You talk too much," Kitty said.
She dashed and tried to stab Kat. Kat swung the leaf again, but Kitty caught it. This time, her dagger made contact with Kat and sliced her in the side. Kat let one of her hands go and elbowed Kitty in the nose. The two stumbled back from each other, both wiping away blood.
"I see you found out that spell," Kitty said.
Kat nodded. The two faced each other, not moving for a while. Suddenly, they both ran at each other. Kat swung her leaf and tried to hit Kitty. Kitty ducked under and tried to stab her again. Kat pulled back and kicked the dagger out of Kitty's hand, then spun and aimed a kick at Kitty's head. Kitty blocked her leg with one fist and began punching Kat with the other. Several of Kitty's punches hit hard in Kat's chest and stomach. Then Kitty kicked her full in the chest and launched her back a couple of feet. Kat got up, gathered wind in her leaf and blasted a tornado at Kitty. The twister lifted her up and kept her suspended in the air. Kat kept swinging, trying to build up enough air to suck the breath out of Kitty's lungs.
All of a sudden, the leaf was torn from Kat's hands. The tornado vanished and Kitty fell to the ground, this time on her butt. They both looked across the rooftop. Cinta stood next to Dolosus and Feebus. She unwrapped the ribbon from the leaf.
"What is going on here?" she yelled.
Feebus rolled his eyes, "You really are dense," he muttered to himself. He walked over to Kitty, "You thought you could get the file all by yourself?"
"Why don't you guys just buzz off. This is between me and my sister." Kitty said.
"Kat, I thought you were going to look for Altojo," Dolosus said.
"Well, I was, but then this dog came out of nowhere and attacked me," Kat replied.
"Dont' call me a dog, you whore!"
"Dont' call me a whore! dog!"
"Whore!"
"Slut!"
"Tramp!"
"Enough!" Feebus screamed, "Look at the two of you. You're both completely exhausted, out of breath, and bleeding."
"That's right," Cinta added, "Now what is this fight you two are having really about?"
Kitty and Kat stared at each other. It was true, they were both tired and breathing heavily. Kitty sighed.
"This fight, right here," she said, "is strictly about getting that file. If Crimson had it, we wouldn't even be in Guatemala."
"Crimson? Wait, what does she have to do with anything?" Kat asked.
"I brought her back to Maion's mansion. We asked her if she had the file and she told us that you had it."
"Wait a minute! So Crimson was with you guys this entire time?"
"Well, most of the time. She left once to go visit some guy in a cemetery."
"A cemetery?" Dolosus asked.
"Yeah, that's right," Kitty said, "Anyway, after that, she stormed into the mansion and told Maion that she had met Demonic. It turns out that she put two and two together and found out that Maion was really the head of an assassin agency. She threatened to go to the police, but we took care of her. I pushed her down a pit."
They were all silent. Kat shook herself and then walked over to Dolosus.
"You know, Kitty, first I was just fighting you in self-defense because you attacked me. Then I continued just for the hell of it. But now," she paused. She elbowed Dolosus in the ribs, he lost his grip on his scythe, and she grabbed it, "You hurt my friend. I'm going to kill you."
She ran forward, aiming the blade at Kitty's neck. Kitty ducked and ran. She sprinted across the rooftop and jumped to the next one over. Kat ran after and jumped to the next roof. They kept going without looking back.
"Kitty!" Cinta yelled.
"Kat!" Feebus yelled.
"My scythe!" Dolosus yelled.
They ran to the edge of the roof. Kitty made it across because of her cat-like agility and Kat easily cleared it because of the wings on her feet, but it was too far for the others. They watched Kitty and Kat jump across the rooftops.
Kitty looked behind her. Kat was still chasing her with the scythe. She reached the end of the roofs and jumped off to the street below. Kat followed her down the alley.
They arrived at the gates of the clock tower. Kitty jumped over the gate. She landed on her feet and paused to catch her breath. When she looked, she saw Kat above her, about to slice her down the middle. Kitty lunged herself forward and fell to the ground as the scythe dug into the ground. Kitty got up and ran to the door. She knocked it down and went inside. Kat ripped the scythe out of the ground and followed her sister into the tower.
They ran up several flights of stairs. Higher and higher they climbed until, eventually, they reached a trapdoor. Kitty went through and found herself in the mechanical room at the top of the tower. Giant metal gears and pendulums and many more different kinds of mechanical instruments filled the room. The clank and vrrunk sounds rang out around her. In front of her was the giant glowing face of the clock. The hands were almost on twelve.
She turned around. Kat was standing behind her, scythe at the ready.
"Oh, please, you aren't really going to kill me?"
Kat glared at her. She attacked. Kitty dodged the slashes. They bounded across the room, jumping from gear to gear, and then leaping off before another gear came down to crush them.
"Dolosus couldn't stop me when he had the scythe. What makes you think you can beat me?" Kitty taunted.
"You talk too much!" Kat yelled as she pushed Kitty off a gear. Kitty went rolling across the floor and into a small door on the VI of the clock face. The door swung open and Kitty fell out, screaming.
"Kitty?" Kat said quietly as she slowly walked over to the door. She peeked out and found a wide ledge two feet below. Kitty was on the ledge, crawling away. Kat climbed out onto the ledge. The huge party of people below was all looking up at the clock tower. They were passing out champagne and crab cakes and yelling some Spanish cheers.
Kat turned and stalked toward her sister. The wings on her feet helped her keep her balance. Kitty reached the edge of the ledge. She looked up at her sister.
"I have just one more thing to ask you. Why do you need the file?" Kat asked.
"I don't need it. Maion does. She said there's something in there that could help her bring Demonic down. She didn't say why she wanted Demonic overthrown, though. But it's not just about business. There's something more connecting the two of them."
"She told you all of this?"
"Actually, she told Crimson just before I killed her."
Diez!
Kat's eyes lost all traces of mercy they had left.
Nueve!
Ocho!

She walked closer to Kitty.
Siete!
Seis!

She raised the scythe above her head.
Cinco!
Cuatro!

Kitty closed her eyes and held her breath.
Tres!
Dos!
UNO!
FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!

Kitty opened her eyes. Kat had stopped moving. The scythe dropped from her hands and clattered on the ledge. The tiny translucent wings on her feet disappeared and were replaced with a bizarre mark. Kat swooned and leaned on her side. She fell off of the ledge and plummeted to the ground below.

Dolosus let go of the guard he had killed. He picked the keys from the man's pocket and unlocked the gate. He ran through the courtyard and approached the door. Before he made it there, however, he happened to look up and see something fall off the tower. A flash of pink hair told him it was Kat.
"Kat!"
He began to run, but stopped when he realized she was falling too fast. There was no way he could catch her safely.
All of a sudden, something rushed by him. A man carrying Kat's leaf ran to the spot where she would fall. He swung the leaf and a small tornado appeared. It rose up and met Kat when she was three quarters of the way down. The strong wind slowed down her descent. She glided down on the twister. The man caught her in his arms.
Dolosus breathed a sigh of relief. He approached the man.
"Hello, Altojo."

Debe el viejo conocido ser se olvido
y nunca trajo a la mente


Kitty listened as the people below started singing. She watched as a tornado appeared below her sister and somebody caught her. She didn't know if she felt relief for her own life or for Kat's. Either way, they were both alive.
Kitty looked over. Lying next to her was the scythe. She smiled and picked it up. She may have lost thef ile, but she gained something else. As the song continued, she got up and walked back into the tower. She'd find some other way to escape.

Debe el viejo conocido ser se olvido
y Auld Lang Syne




Owari.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment