Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A New Beginning

This is the second part to my story about Terra. It continues after she left Balamb Garden in an attempt to save her friends from herself.

Chapter 1 - A New Beginning

Chapter 1 - A New Beginning
Chapter 1: A new beginning

It had been a month since Terra jumped from Balamb Garden; away from her friends, away from her home, and away from him. Terra sat in the corner of a dark room, her knees cramped up against her face and her head down in her lap. Her long, brown hair blew in the breeze that came in through the open window, causing her to shiver as it blew across her neck. She opened her eyes, stained a deep red by her hidden powers, which she had unleashed upon herself, and looked out the window at the sky. It was full of stars and the moon was full, shining down upon her small shelter on the edge of the Esthar continent. Tears trickled down her face as she continued to watch the stars as they moved across the sky. He used to watch them with her when they were journeying together. They would lie on the ground together, the fire blazing next to them and watch as the stars shone down upon them; him and the others. She could see his face. His deep brown eyes gazing into hers and is long, red hair capturing the sunlight, seemingly on fire. The more she thought of him, the more determined she became. She missed her friends incredibly but she had to leave them. She didnt want any of them to be hurt again because of her.
Terra gripped her hands tight. Fire formed around them, lighting up the room revealing her shabby bed and her katana as they stood leaning against the wall. They had come in handy on her journey. The monsters of the Esthar continent were a lot less forgiving than those in Balamb and a lot of blood had been spilt to get her this far. Over the past month, she had learned to control the fire to a certain extent, but there was so much more that she had to learn. She closed her eyes and the fire went out. She delved into her pocket and pulled out the pieces of the tablet. She had managed to fuse some of them together but the others had too many chunks missing to fit exactly. She held them up to the light and looked at them. The person in the middle, the Esper, must be one of her ancestors, and they communicated using the strange writing at the bottom of the tablet. Although some was missing, Liney had told her that she had seen some of this writing before, when she had travelled to Esthar during her SeeD missions. This is what had driven Terra in this direction. All she had to do now was find them, then maybe she would get some answers.
The night drew on as Terra continued to sit in the corner, her mind racing with questions. She had so much to discover and she knew that it was here in Esthar where she was going to find it. She decided that she would set out in the morning to the city, where she could stock up on supplies before the long journey ahead of her. Terra stood up and walked across the room, finding her way to her bed. Terra pulled the covers over herself and closed her eyes. There he was again, his beautiful smile gleaming at her.
I love you. Terra said as she rolled over. She soon drifted to sleep, her mind wandering back to her friends at home.
* * * * *
Balamb Garden had been on quite a journey since Terra left. The Garden had coursed out of control and crashed into the fishing town of Fishermans horizon, known by the locals as FH. The townsmen had kindly fixed the controls of the Garden and now it was able to be steered to wherever Squall wanted to go. Squall had become the new leader of the Garden after headmaster Cid had decided that the students needed strong and who was one of them to take command and lead them. Now, they were heading to Trabia Garden, another Garden located in the mountains, which had been Galbadias first missile strike target.
Hayden and the others had learnt a lot more about the situation at hand. Squall, Zell, Irvine, Quistis and Selphie had all been appointed to assassinate sorceress Edea, the new leader of the Galbadian military. She controlled the people using fear and threats, but the assassination attempt had failed. Edea retaliated by sending missiles towards all the Gardens in a hope to annihilate SeeD, and hopefully, she had missed Trabia too. Everyone, however, feared the worst.
Hayden, Loz, Zack, Kai, Liney and Wulfy were sitting in the quad, their feet dangling down into the cool sea water. They were all missing Terra, especially Hayden, and they had no clue to where she could be.
We really need to think about this. Zack said, punching his fist into the ground. Weve looked through every book in the library and still nothing about Espers or the ancient language!
This really sucks! Liney protested. This is all because of us you know.
You mean its all because of me. Loz replied, turning her head down. Im the reason Terra first left Balamb with Zack and Kai; to look for me.
Its no-ones fault Wulfy said standing up. His wolf-like features made him look terrifying, but he was wise and completely docile, except when there were monsters around.
She left to protect us. Kai said, brushing his hand over his throat. He owed a lot to Terra. His voice box had been destroyed during the fight to save Terra from the bite bugs and he hadnt been able to speak since, not until that day, the day where they were nearly all killed. She doesnt want us to be used again to get to her. Hayden looked down at his reflection in the water. His red hair blew in the breeze and flicked around his face, every now and then covering his brown eyes. The water was so clear, reminding him of when Terra had dived down into it and how when he got there, he couldnt find her. He had searched for almost an hour before the light made it impossible to search any longer. Tears fell down into the water as Hayden relived everything in his mind and his thoughts wandered to the worst case scenario. What if she was dead? She would have died alone with no-one beside her to hold her hand. Hayden looked up as he felt a hand on his shoulder. Loz was standing above him in a sympathetic manner.
Im sure shes alive Loz said gently. She crouched down next to him and pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose. I know shes a fighter. Shell probably be on her own journey, trying to discover herself. And that was when it clicked. Hayden sat bolt upright, making Loz jump. He grabbed her before she fell in the water and stood up.
Liney! he called across the quad. Liney turned from hugging Kai and looked at him. Where did you say you found those writings?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment