Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

This is the second part to my story about Terra. It continues after she left Balamb Garden in an attempt to save her friends from herself.

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

Chapter 3 - chapter 3
Chapter 3: The rescue begins.

Terra rummaged through her bag. She hadnt brought any food of water with her. She had hoped that she would have found the city by now and she would be stocking up on supplies for the next leg of the journey. She had already tried to move the boulders that were blocking the entrance, but every time she tried, more fell down in their place. The hole that had been her small source of light had now been completely covered by more rocks and dirt that had fallen down in her attempts to break through, but other smaller holes had now appeared allowing some air to leak in. As the sun began to set over the Esthar salt flats, the temperature began to drop. Terra clenched her fists, forming balls of fire around them, providing some warmth but there was nothing around that she could use as firewood. The fire slowly began to die down as it drained her energy until, eventually, they had gone out completely. Terra sat against the wall, shivering and exhausted. She created the flames again and again, with each one lasting less time than the one before until she was so exhausted that she couldnt do anymore. She collapsed to the floor, her breathing unsteady and her breath turning to mist as it left her mouth.
Dont fall asleep. She said to herself. Must&stay&awake. She forced herself to sit up but her arm buckled under her weight. She fell down to the ground again, unable to move. She continued to drift in and out of consciousness finding it harder and harder to stay awake as time went on. It was now completely dark outside and Terra was losing hope. She closed her eyes.
Hello!? a voice suddenly called from behind the rocks. Anyone in there? Terra pulled herself up. The sound of someones voice had given her hope.
Help. She said weakly. The person on the other side stopped moving.
There is! Theres someone in there! I told you I heard something close! The voice said. Terra could hear the footsteps of another coming closer to the entrance.
Hello? a new voice said. This one was female and a lot softer. Terra couldnt bring herself to speak again. I dont hear anything but I can tell youre right. Terras heart lifted.
Get out of the way! the huskier voice exclaimed. Terra watched as the holes in the wall became larger. Some rocks fell down from the roof as more and more were removed from the entrance. Eventually, a large gap had been formed at the top, and a bright light shone in. Terra shielded her eyes then looked up to where the light was coming from. A young man, aged around 20 was looking down at her. His eyes were a dark green and his hair was long and silver. Terra was shocked. She had never seen someone like this before.
Ered. Is she in there? The female voice asked. Terra was confused who they knew she was female but right now she didnt care less. The man called Ered turned away from the hole and Terra could hear more digging. The hole steadily became wider and wider and eventually, it was large enough for someone to fit through. Ered reached through and held out his hand. Terra clasped it and was shocked as he pulled her clean out with hardly any effort. He sat her down on the floor and stood over her. Terra could see them both clearly now. Ered was very muscley and tall, but his face seemed almost gentle. The girl on the other hand was rather thin. Her hair was long and plaited and her skin was a dark tan.
Are you alright? the girl asked. Terra looked up at her but her vision became blurry. She began to fall backwards. Everything went black.

* * * * *

Today. Hayden said to Wulfy as the Garden reached the bank of the continent. The others were all in the library researching the chocobo sage but Hayden wasnt interested in any chocobos. He was going now. Both he and Wulfy would travel by foot across the mountain range to reach Esthar. Going north first would take far too long. For all they know, Terra may have already moved on by the time they get the chocobos and come back south again. Hayden didnt want to risk it. Balamb Garden was slowly approaching Trabia and the plan was that as it landed, Wulfy and Hayden would jump ship and head south towards the mountains. Hopefully, if they stuck to the forests, then the others wouldnt see them leaving.
Hayden and Wulfy made their way down to the main gates, their packs full of supplies ready for the long journey ahead of them. The Garden slowed down as Trabia Garden came closer and Wulfy was shocked by what he saw. The Garden was in total disarray. There were no obvious building structures anymore and it looked as though there had been many casualties. A direct hit. Wulfy bowed his head. How many had died because of a mistake? He didnt want to think about it. His thoughts needed to be on the task a t hand. Hayden grabbed Wulfys arm. Now, they were going to jump. Hayden went first, rolling on the ground as he landed then picking himself up and running for the nearest patch of trees. Wulfy followed soon after, landing gracefully on his paw-like feet, and chased after Hayden into the trees. No-one had seen them leave.

* * * * *

Were nearing Trabia. Liney said as she looked out of the library window. Is everyone ready? Kai looked up from his book. He had been studying the monsters that live around Trabia and was not looking forward to it out there.
Were in for a tough one. He said as he shut the book and stood up to join Liney at the window, placing his arm round her waist. Zack and Loz got up and joined them at the window.
Its terrible! Loz said as she saw the destruction. Why did they do this?
Blame those stupid SeeDs! Zack exclaimed. Liney gave him a scornful look. I dont mean you! Zack said quickly, defending himself. I mean Squall and the others.
Wed better find Hayden and Wulfy and get ready to go Loz said as she turned around to go back to the table to get her bag.
Where are they anyway? Liney asked as she joined Loz. Loz shrugged her shoulders. Liney turned to the other but they shrugged too. Well wed better get looking for them.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment