Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - In The Lab

Chihiro finds Haku in the forest. But something is wrong with Haku. He has had some kind of accident and is turning into a cat. Can Chihiro save him before he turns into a cat forever? Will Haku end up chasing mice for the rest of his life?

Chapter 2 - In The Lab

Chapter 2 - In The Lab
Haku opened his eyes and sat up. *Huh?* He thought. *What happened? Where am I?* He looked around. He was in some kind of laboratory room. *I've gotta get out of this place.* He thought. *But how?* Just then, a scientist came into the room.
"It's good to see that you're finally awake," She said kindly. She came over to Haku and sat beside him. She began gently rubbing his left ear. Haku closed his eyes and purred contentedly. The purr surprised him. *Did I really just do that?* He wondered. The scientist laughed slightly.
"You like that. Don't you?" She remarked, sounding amused. She stopped rubbing his ear, and Haku opened his eyes. He looked at the scientist. He liked her. She was nice to him. The scientist carefully took hold of Haku's paw-like hand.
"Well, you've got quite some claws here," She stated. Haku pulled his hand back.
"What's going to happen to me?" He asked.
"Nothing that will do any harm to you," The scientist assured him. "Don't worry," She gently rubbed his left ear again. Just like before, Haku closed his eyes and purred contentedly. He soon fell fast asleep with his head resting on the scientist's lap. After Haku was asleep, another scientist came in.
"Dr. Karamoto, have you found out anything about the cat-boy?" He asked. Dr. Karamoto shook her head.
"No, I haven't, Dr. Ranma," She replied. "But I think he's taken a liking to me,"
"What have you been doing with him?" Dr. Ranma inquired.
"I've just been talking to him, and rubbing his ears a little," Dr. Karamoto answered. "He likes it when I rub his ears,"
"I'm not surprised," Dr. Ranma remarked. "He's part cat. Isn't he? All cats like it when someone rubs their ears. Anyway, we need someone to watch him daily, record information about him, write down what he eats, and take notes on his behavior,"
"I'll do it," Dr. Karamoto said. "I think he trusts me. He might not like it if someone else besides me came in here to visit him," Dr. Ranma nodded.
"Very well," He replied. "I expect you to start tomorrow,"
"I will," Dr. Karamoto told him. "Don't worry. I will," The next day, Dr. Karamoto went into Haku's room to see him. She was carrying a plate of food for him. Haku looked at her and smiled. Dr. Karamoto noticed that his eyes had become a little more cat-like, and his hands were more like paws.
"Are you hungry?" She asked him.
"Yeah," Haku answered. Dr. Karamoto brought the plate of food over to him. She put the plate down in front of Haku. The first thing Haku ate was the piece of meat. For some reason, he didn't eat the shrimp. Fifteen minutes later, Dr. Karamoto watched Haku through a window. Haku was practicing martial arts. After about half an hour, Dr. Karamoto returned to check on Haku. This time, the cat-boy was pacing back and forth in the room. It was the same routine for the next three days. On the third day, it was time to run the first test on Haku.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MewAliciaNeko on June 30, 2006, 7:05:29 AM

MewAliciaNeko on
MewAliciaNekoreally good i love it

FFXgirl on February 7, 2006, 8:10:38 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis chapter was good too!!! I'm going to read the next chapter!!!!