Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Preparations for Guan Du

The Three Kingdoms War is well under way. Three warlords are now battling for control over China.

(I am aware it isn't historically accurate it isn't supposed to be that's the beauty of fiction :))

Chapter 1 - Preparations for Guan Du

Chapter 1 - Preparations for Guan Du
It had been nearly three years now since Ling Xiang joined Wu, she had seen what the chaos had brought and vowed to help unite the land once more. It was a cool, clear evening when the preparations for the battle ahead were finally complete, the moon and stars were clearly visible, which somehow eased her worries slightly. They would be moving soon, for they had to reach Guan Du before Cao Caos army to ensure their fire attacks would be ready.
As Ling Xiang leaned over the balcony, she watched the troops carrying various objects to the horses, and wondered how they could be in such high spirits, knowing what was coming the following morning. A few soldiers noticed her and gave a slight respectful bow; she smiled and nodded back at them.
Maybe I should get going aswell she said to herself, turning and walking down the steps. She headed for the field where the horses were kept, carefully entering so as not to spook them. As she passed them, some of the horses whinnied as if greeting her she paused to stroke the neck of a light brown horse who nudged her then saw her horse and smiled. She approached the magnificent chestnut-brown stallion and stroked his neck, he whinnied to greet her as she said his name and ran her fingers through is beautiful, black mane.
Hello Spirit she said.
Fire Spirit had been her horse since she was 15 years old and had been her companion and friend ever since he was first given to her by her late father, Zhou Jing. She carefully put his saddle on his back stroking him and talking to him while she did, and then put his bridal on; he nuzzled her affectionately as she did up the last strap. Once he was tacked up she led him out of the field towards the generals already waiting, she said nothing to them as she led Spirit past them, and they too said nothing, equally both apprehensive and determined as she was. She saw the final supplies being put onto the pack horses and the supply captains leading them out in front, followed by a few guard troops. She knew she would be one of the generals going with the last few units, this was both honourable and unnerving; honourable as it meant she was considered one of the most admirable officers, but also unnerving as she was one of the generals expected to rush the enemy main camp, defend while the first officers rushed it or, in the event of a retreat, save as many allied officers as possible, cover the retreat, or to make sure Lord Sun Quan escaped.
As she saw the other generals move off, she too pushed Spirit into gallop, quickly overtaking the rest of them due to Spirits brilliant speed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment