Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Kuri is a blind Water Summoner who is an old friend of Nuriko and Chichiri(and also in love with him). She must travel with the Suzaku company to help Miaka beat her best friend and arch nemisis Yui, and summon Suzaku.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1


Chapter 1



Kuri sat down in the chair in front of a mirror she had made herself. It was a sunny day and warm, too. It had been horribly stormy during the last week in Qu-Dong, that it was a relief to see the sun.



While sitting in front of the mirror, Kuri slipped her purple strapless wrap around her body, over her black baggy pants, which were cut off at her shins, and low-cut short-sleeved shirt. Then, she tied a black sash with purple ends around her waist. The ends were uneven, but she didn't care. After that, she tied up her shoes, which covered the remaining leg, over pastel purple stockings. Then, she took her long maroon hair and wrapped black wrapping over it, in two long ponytails, and clasped the bottoms together with silver clasps.



When she had finished, as if on cue, there was a knock on her wooden front door. Kuri wondered who it was. Ever since she moved her life there, a year before, she knew no one and no one knew her. She had only ever gone out to get clothes (only once), and food. The villagers always looked at her weird. She dressed weird to them, and had a different dialect. They were simple people, and not easily open to much change.



As she got up, Kuri flipped her two ponytails over her shoulder. She opened the door to find a tall man, older than she (she was 16), with white-blonde hair, and a muscular body standing in her doorway.



“Are you the Water Summoner Kuri?” he asked, his voice deep. She looked him over a second time with her grey eyes.



“Who wants to know?” she asked. He frowned at her, but knew he wouldn't get an answer from her unless he told her. Her attitude was legend, but she had suddenly `dropped off the face of the earth'. It had taken him months to find her.



“The Emperor of Qu-dong has bidden me find her and being her to the palace. He wishes t have an audience with her. Now, are you her?” he said, impatiently. Kuri sighed.



“Yes, I am the Water Summoner,” she answered. He welcomed himself in. She closed the door, angrily at his rudeness. “And who are you?” He turned to face her.



“I am Nakago. General of the Qu-Dong army and a Seiryu Celestial Warrior.” Kuri's eyes widened.



“Seiryu? So, the legend is true, eh?” She smirked. “Is that why you're here? Is that why your emperor has bidden you to find me? Because you need help with your priestess?”



“Yes,” Nakago said, very seriously. “Her Eminence needs your help. The priestess of Suzaku has also appeared and to beat her, we need you.” Kuri got serious as well and leaned up against the wall. She saw something appear behind Nakago.

“Why don't you come back tomorrow? I'll decide whether I'll help you with your `priestess',” she said. He did not want to agree, but finally did. Kuri opened the door for him and he stopped next to her.



“Until tomorrow,” he said to her, and flashed an evil, but handsome smile. She closed the door after him and turned back to the figure now standing where Nakago had been. He stood there with blue hair and a mask, to hide his secrets, and show his face to be always smiling.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment