Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Kuri is a blind Water Summoner who is an old friend of Nuriko and Chichiri(and also in love with him). She must travel with the Suzaku company to help Miaka beat her best friend and arch nemisis Yui, and summon Suzaku.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Chapter 2



“Chichiri!” Kuri exclaimed, smiling. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug. He hugged her as well.



“It's been far too long, Kuri. No da,” Chichiri said. He let go of her and took his mask off. He let it drop on the ground, the kissed her cheek.



“Yes, it has,” she replied. Kuri looked down. “I'm really sorry I disappeared. I just had to get away.” Chichiri smiled and put his fingers under her chin, lifting her head. Her eyes met his soft ones.



“I understand. But, I have important matters to discuss with you,” he said, seriously. His smile disappeared and he dropped his hand from her face.



“Anything within me power,” she said, without thinking. She had known Chichiri since she was little. He was, of course, older than she was. But not that much older. When she had been studying at the Temple, where she learned how to control all of her power, he had been an older student. The older students had to help the little ones out and teach them the way they did things then. Chichiri was assigned to Kuri. He had been only a teenager, and at the top of his class. When he left, he would always come back and visit her. She couldn't say no to him that easily.



“I know Nakago has already been to see you, but the Company of the Priestess of Suzaku needs you. No da.” Kuri looked away. She hated being pulled into things like this. She wanted to say no, even to Chichiri. But, he was her best friend, and like family. The only one she had left. After she had left the Temple, (Chi)Chiri had taken her in. He had killed his best friend, and probably more, and didn't want to go back. When she was 15, she just up and left in the middle of the night. It had, no doubt, taken him long to figure out where she had been. Finally, she nodded.



“But, we must leave now. Nakago will be-”



“You think you can get away so easily, Water Summoner?” Nakago yelled. He burst through her door, power flowing around him. Kuri growled, loudly. She folded her hands, ready to attack. Foreign words flowed out of her mouth, strange characters formed in the air around her, and water burst from them. It went fast to Nakago, but he threw a ball of energy at her. It parted the water and came for her. She put her arms up to block, but it hit her wrists and pushed through to her eyes. Her water disappeared before it could hit Nakago. He smirked. Kuri dropped to her hands and knees, sparks from his power still surrounding her wrists and eyes.



“That's right, girl. Bow to me,” he said and laughed. He started towards her. Before he could reach her, though, a red shield separated them. Chichiri stood behind Kuri, who was not lying on the ground, unconscious.



“If you think it will be that easy, Nakago, you are very wrong,” Chichiri yelled, angrily. Nakago looked down at the girl and smirked.



“I will let you off easy, for today,” Nakago said, then was gone. Chiri let the shield down and wiped sweat from his forehead. He quickly went to Kuri and turned her over. He sighed and gathered a few of her belongings into his bag. The mask, which was still sitting on the floor, was also stuffed into the bag. Then, he grabbed Kuri and pulled her through his transporting hat. The power that surrounded her wrists and eyes shot a few sparks, cutting through his shirt and pants, leaving cuts on his shoulder and leg. Chichiri frowned.



“What is this power?”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment