Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Kuri is a blind Water Summoner who is an old friend of Nuriko and Chichiri(and also in love with him). She must travel with the Suzaku company to help Miaka beat her best friend and arch nemisis Yui, and summon Suzaku.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3


Chapter 3



Chichiri entered the Hong-Nan palace through his hat. He was still carrying an unconscious Kuri in his arms. The power around her wrists and eyes had stopped flowing. Her wrists had been badly burned.



Chichiri stood outside the Emperor's throne room. He kicked open the door to find Hotohori, the young Hong-Nan emperor, sitting on his throne. Tasuki, Tamahome, Miaka, and Mitsukake were also there.



“You're Majesty!” Chichiri exclaimed. Hotohori quickly stood up, out of his throne. Tasuki looked at the girl, then at Chiri's leg, then his shoulder.



“What happened, Chichiri?” Tasuki asked.



“Nakago. He attacked her as we were about to leave. No da,” Chichiri answered. He turned to a servant, who was standing near by. “Prepare a room,” he commanded. The servant bowed and left quickly. Mitsukake was already examining Kuri's wrists.



“I can take away the pain,” he said. “But, I cannot take the burns away. We'll just give her bandaging to wrap around them.”



“Her eyes were attacked as well. No da.” Mitsukake went from her wrists to her face. There were no marks of injury on the outside, but when he opened her eyes, he gasped. “What is it Mitsukake?” Chiri hoped it wasn't too bad. She had always been his responsibility, and he loved her. He had always tried to protect her. He didn't know what happened back there. He let her get attacked.



“This girl will be blind. Nakago must've hit her when her eyes were open.” There was silence. A few minutes later, the hesitant (as to not want to interrupt) servant came back into the throne room.



“The room is ready,” he said, after bowing. Hotohori dismissed him and hurried Chichiri into the room. Chiri laid Kuri onto the bed. His arms were tied, but even so he used them. He sat her up against him and untied the sash around her middle. After he took it off, he took the purple body wrap off and laid her back down. Hotohori told everyone, but Mitsukake and Chichiri, to stay outside for the time being. Mitsukake took her shoes off.



“There might be something I can do, though, it will not be great. But it will prevent her from running into big things,” Mitsukake said as they all sat down by the bedside. Chichiri and Hotohori looked at their friend with curiosity. “If I give her this,” he said as he held up a small vial of clear liquid. It was one of his potions. His many potions.



“What will it do?” Hotohori asked.



“She will be able to see faint outlines of larger things, such as a person or tree. But only very faint outlines,” Mitsukake answered. Chiri and Hotohori nodded. “But, we'll have to wait until she wakes up.”



“Yes, of course,” Chichiri mumbled as they stood up. He looked down at his friend's limp body. Hotohori went over to Chiri and grasped his shoulder, firmly.



“Come,” was his one-word command. Reluctantly, Chichiri turned away from Kuri and followed the other two out.



Later that night, six of the seven Suzaku constellations (this is pre-Amiboshi and Chiriko) sat in a circle on the floor of the throne room. Everyone, including the servants had gone to bed. It was very late. Hotohori wanted it so no one would hear their private meeting.



“So, this small girl is the famous Water Summoner?” Tamahome asked, remembering the quick glance he had of the girl in Chichiri's arms. Chiri nodded.



“Yes. Her name is Kuri,” answered. “She may be small, but she's very powerful.”



“Yes,” Nuriko agreed. “I've seen her. She may not remember, since it has been so long, but she's saved my life. Then one day, she was gone.” They spent some more of the night talking, but finally went off to bed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment