Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Kuri is a blind Water Summoner who is an old friend of Nuriko and Chichiri(and also in love with him). She must travel with the Suzaku company to help Miaka beat her best friend and arch nemisis Yui, and summon Suzaku.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4


Chapter 4



Kuri opened her eyes. At least, she thought she had. Her hand flung to her face. Yes, her eyes were open. So, where was everything? Why was it so dark? She felt around until she felt hair. She frowned, wondering who it could be. Her hands touched something cold. She was so confused. Whatever it was came off easily, though. Then, she felt warm flesh.



“Chichiri?” she asked, aloud.



“Yes?” he asked, sleepily, picking his head up from the side of the bed. She took the mask all of the way off his face and held it. “Oh! Kuri! You're awake!” he exclaimed. “You've been out for two days.” He took the mask from her hands and set it on the small bedside table.



“What happened? Why can't I see you?” There was silence. She reached out with both hands, searching for him. “Chichiri?” He took her hands in his, but did not say anything. “Please answer me.” He sighed.



“Nakago attacked you. Do you remember?” he said, finally. Kuri nodded. “He hit your wrists and eyes. Your wrists are badly burned and you'll have to wear bandages around them. You're eyes, however,” he paused in mid-sentence. “You have gone blind, Kuri, to put it bluntly.” Her expression showed disbelief. “But, Mitsukake, a Suzaku Warrior, and out healer, told me if you take his potion, you will be able to see faint outlines of larger things, such as people.” Kuri nodded and lowered her head.



“So, I'll never be able to see again?” she asked.



“Well, Mitsukake also said that if Nakago should die, his curse might lift.” Drops of water started to fall on Chichiri's hands, which were still holding Kuri's. He looked so helpless. All he could do was assure her that it would be O.K. Though, he knew, that in the long run, it wouldn't be. “I'm so sorry, Kuri.” Chiri let go of her hands and grasped her in a tight hug.



A few minutes later, there was knock on the door. It was either Nuriko or Hotohori, who had both been dropping in to see how she was doing. The two separated.



“Enter,” Chichiri commanded. Nuriko enter. He was surprised to see Kuri sitting up in bed, finally.



“Who is it, Chichiri?” Kuri asked. Nuriko smiled, as did Chiri. Nuriko stepped closer.



“Kuri?” he asked. Her expression turned to confusion. She knew that voice from somewhere. But where? It had been so many years since she'd heard it. That couldn't be-



“Ryuuen?” Kuri wondered, out loud. Nuriko chuckled.



“That's right!” he exclaimed, happily. “But, they call me Nuriko now.”



“A Suzaku warrior, eh?” Kuri laughed. Chichiri got up and let Nuriko sit there.



“I will let you two talk and bring Mitsukake later,” Chiri said. Kuri smiled and Nuriko took her hands after he sat down.



“Thank you, Chichiri,” Kuri said as her other friend left. She turned back to Nuriko. “So, how long has in been Ryuu- Nuriko?” she asked, curiously. She honestly didn't remember.



“Ten year, I think. It's been ten years since you went on the foreign training mission. I remember you saved my life that one day, with you water, then you were gone a few days later,” Nuriko said. Kuri nodded, remembering.



“Ya. You were ten and I was six. My parents had me go to the Temple and train to be a Water Summoner. You have no idea how much I missed you. When my parents died, they kept me because I was the best student. And now I've gotten myself famous,” Kuri explained. They talked for another hour before Nuriko sent for Mitsukake.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment