Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Morgana and Her Facebook

A strange man from the year 2010 has arrived in Camelot, selling strange and wonderful things, like cell phones, computers, televisions...and books about sparkling vampires? Inspired by Merlin Children in Need 2009. Crack!fic

Chapter 8 - Morgana and Her Facebook

Chapter 8 - Morgana and Her Facebook
Morgana was the sixth to succumb to the wonders of technology.

Morgana stared at her new computer screen, her fingers hovering over the keys as she contemplated what she was going to type.

As much as she hated Uther – the man was a hypocrite who, if he knew the truth about her, would kill her without a second thought, even if she couldn't help that she had magic – she had to admit that she was happy with his gift to her. She had been the one to convince Uther to try out the technology – his beloved iPhone – because she had hoped that he would like it and it would serve as a distraction. If his mind was somewhere else – like in the wonderful world of cellular phones – then perhaps he would not be adequately prepared for an attack upon Camelot.

What she hadn't foreseen, even with all her powers of seeing visions, was that she, too, would become infatuated with the wonders of the twenty-first century. But she relished the thought that the computer – as Rosco (who gave her the willies, quite honestly, with his toothy grin and shifty green eyes) had said, was basically a super-smart technological brain that could do just about anything – given to her by Uther himself, was serving as a much easier way to keep in contact with the people that would ultimately help her bring him down. She smirked.

Face lighting up, she realized what she was supposed to do with this little box to type in, which currently read in light gray letters: What's on your mind? She typed in, "is smirking," and pressed the ENTER button.

Almost instantly, her Facebook status changed to "Morgana is smirking." A little red notification bubble appeared on the top of the screen, telling her that she had a comment on her status (already!) from Arthur via his cell phone. She scowled, thinking about her half-brother and how he stood between her and the throne, and thought about deleting him as a friend here and now. She sighed though, and clicked the notification, knowing that with the use of this social network that was already becoming wildly popular in Camelot, she would be able to keep tabs even better on the movements of the ignorant buffoon and his – well, their, she scowled – father.

Arthur's comment below her status was: LOL – u are ALWAYS smirking about something. What happened – get your brush stuck when u were combing ur hair this morning? Ha!

Rolling her eyes in disgust, Morgana chose to ignore him for now. She knew that he had subscribed to her status via his phone, so that whenever she updated, he would get a text. Why he was so interested in her daily life was beyond her, but now that she read his obnoxious and smart-alec response, she came to the conclusion that he had done this so he could always be the first to make fun of her status. Then a terrible thought struck her – now that Gwen had broken up with him, over a book nonetheless, she chortled, could he have gone back to being attracted to her? Was he flirting with her?

Morgana felt sick at the thought, not just because he was her brother, but because for him, someone that stood between herself and the throne, between herself and what was truly hers, to like her was just disgusting. True, before she had realized that she was above all of those she used to be friends with, she had had a certain amount of a crush on Arthur, but that time was long past, especially since she now knew that they were related.

Shaking her head at the thought, she smirked excitedly when she saw that she had a new private message from her sister.

Morgana – the message read,

I hope you are doing well. The introduction of this communication device makes our conversations and interactions so much easier and I am very pleased that you were able to smuggle me one as well. Just be careful not to let anyone have any access to your computer because we will be discussing many plans and plots with this private messaging.

Tell me, sister, how is Uther taking to the technology? Do you think an assault on Camelot in the near future would be plausible? Message me back, and let me know as soon as possible.

With Love,

Morgause

P.S. – I'm trying to expand my chicken coop in Farmville. Can you please send me a nail? I'm almost done, and I've got so many chickens running around my farm, I don't know what to do with them. In return, I'll send you the maple tree you've been wanting. Oh, and if you could add Cenred as a friend, he'd be most grateful – he's one neighbor away from obtaining the Popularity Red Ribbon. Thanks!

Morgana smiled triumphantly. Yes! She was finally going to get that coveted maple tree for her farm… and they might be launching an assault on Camelot soon. She quickly updated her status to: Morgana is having a GREAT day! and hastened to check on her Farmville before messaging Morgause back.

Life in Camelot had become so much more tolerable since she had gotten her computer and had learned about the miracle of social networking.

O.o

Arthur grimaced as he got yet another text from Facebook, informing him of Morgana's antics. He didn't understand her addiction to the website or why anyone would want to inform everyone of their mundane, every day activities as they were doing them. Just since he had woken up, Arthur had gotten a plethora of updates from Morgana's Facebook status.

Morgana just woke up and is yawning.

Morgana is going riding today.

Morgana is smirking.

Morgana is staring moodily out the window.

Morgana is brushing her hair.

Morgana is smirking.

Morgana is playing Farmville and needs a maple tree – anyone want to send it to me?

Morgana stepped on a rock when walking across the courtyard and it stung.

Morgana is smirking.

Morgana is having a GREAT day!

Morgana is smirking.

Arthur was just itching to hack into her account somehow and change her status to: Morgana is annoying. Why did he ever subscribe to her status anyway?

Oh yeah – he had been hoping that she would say something, anything about Gwen every so often. As much as Arthur's iPhone had taken precedence in his life, he missed Gwen more than he could ever admit. But there was no way on this earth that he would ever – ever – sparkle. He let out a sigh as music blared through his ear buds, lightening his mood somewhat as he mouthed along to a song he had recently discovered that was quite accurate in describing how he was feeling today.

He grimaced as he reflected on what a terrible day it had been. He felt guilty for being so rough and mean with Merlin earlier, but he was sick and tired of hearing about the evils of his iPhone, which he loved more than anything… and he was angry about hearing Gwen's name, thinking about her infatuation with a sparkly vampire…

He really should apologize to Merlin later. But… maybe after he listened to this song, which he loved because it was so relevant as of today…

"Because you had a bad day, you're taking one down, you sing a sad song just to turn it around, you say you don't know, you tell me don't lie, you work at a smile and you go for a ride, you had a bad day, the camera don't lie, you're coming back down and you don't really mind, you had a bad day, oh, you had a bad day…"

Ah. Good old Daniel Powter.

O.o

Merlin was furious. This was the last straw.

He had gone to Arthur's room this morning to hear his prince going on and on about how Morgana had discovered Facebook, a social networking website that she could use to communicate with virtually anyone with access to a computer in the world. Arthur had been complaining about Morgana's constant status updates and Farmville escapades, but that wasn't what had struck dread into Merlin's heart.

If she could contact anyone, he was positive that his ex-friend would be able to communicate with her evil half-sister, Morgause, much more easily than she had been able to before. And if she started using Facebook to plot with Morgause, that meant that he couldn't follow Morgana and overhear their plans anymore (not that it had worked so well the last time; he had wound up chained up in the middle of the Darkling Woods with giant scorpion venom plunging through his veins).

And so he decided that he was going to talk to Rosco. First, though, he had tried to talk reason into Arthur again with no avail.

"Arthur, you have to see, especially after what happened with Gwen –"

Arthur had pulled his ear buds out so quickly that Merlin had thought it had to have hurt but Arthur showed no indication of pain. Instead he had glared stonily at Merlin and grabbed his servant's shoulder much more roughly than he ever had before. "Shut up, Merlin," he had fumed, "and if you ever speak of Guinevere like that again, I will throw you in the dungeons. Is. That. Clear."

Merlin had gulped, wondering what had come over his friend, but as Arthur stuck the ear phones back in his ear, Merlin knew without a doubt. The technology and other stuff from the year 2010 was really starting to change everyone – Gwen had broken up with Arthur, Arthur had changed, becoming a different person when presented with the truth about what Gwen had done, and even more startlingly, with how much he was changing due to the iPhone.

Shaking his head, Merlin had stumbled out of Arthur's chambers, annoyed beyond all reason. After the ordeal with Arthur, he had more than one bone to to pick with Mr. Rosco the Time-Traveling Salesman…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment