Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Morgana and Her Joining of Team Jacob

A strange man from the year 2010 has arrived in Camelot, selling strange and wonderful things, like cell phones, computers, televisions...and books about sparkling vampires? Inspired by Merlin Children in Need 2009. Crack!fic

Chapter 12 - Morgana and Her Joining of Team Jacob

Chapter 12 - Morgana and Her Joining of Team Jacob
Morgana sat at her computer, checked over her shoulder to make sure that no one was lurking in the doorway – like that pesky servant, Merlin, who seemed to have a penchant for sticking his abnormally large nose into things that were not any of his business. For some strange reason, he seemed to be the only one in Camelot that had not found something that he was interested in. Why, even her little friend, Mordred, had contacted her last night, babbling frantically about magic candy. Why hadn't Merlin found something that he enjoyed?

Maybe it was because he was a back-stabbing loser with no sense of fun. Yeah, she decided, that was it. He was like Edward Cullen in that respect.

Yes, Edward Cullen. Morgana had indeed taken up reading the Twilight series after Gwen finished, gushing about what an amazing vampire he was. Morgana, on the other hand, hated Edward instantly. The way he treated Bella like a possession more than a person. The way he would forbid her to see her friend Jacob because they didn't get along. The way that Edward would tell her he loved her and then leave her stranded in the middle of the forest. As if that wasn't bad enough, she despised Bella Swan even more. She was dependent, wishy-washy, clingy, far too taken in by shiny things, whiny, and just all-around boring. In Morgana's not-so-humble opinion (for she knew she was always right), the only character worth reading about was Jacob Black.

Unlike the vampire that Gwen so adored, Jacob was honest and straightforward (most of the time) with his feelings and what he was doing. He didn't beat around the bush. And he was a werewolves. Wolves were so much cooler than bats. If it came to a choice between a scrawny, sparkly, animal slurping bat drowned in hair-gel that had never smiled a day in his long but oh-so-boring-I-don't-even-want-to-read-about-it-anymore life and a strong, muscular, easy going, smiling, caring, motorcycle driving (Morgana so wanted a motorcycle), powerful wolf, there was no choice.

She was Team Jacob all the way, baby.

That being said, Morgana was nowhere near as obsessed with Twilight as poor Guinevere was. She thought the girl sillier than Edward for breaking it off with Arthur because the prince wasn't glittery enough, but despite the reasons, she was relieved. A small part of her – a very, very small part – still cherished the friendship she used to have with her maid before smirking became the center of her existence. It was good to see that the girl had some sense to leave Morgana's arrogant brother. Maybe it would be less of a heartache for Gwen when Uther and, therefore, Arthur were killed to make room for the real ruler. Her.

She logged onto Facebook and smirked when she saw that Morgause and Cenred were on chat. She had had a marvelous idea and couldn't wait to share it with Morgause. And knowing her sister, Morgause would have something up her sleeve as well.

If all went well, the traitor Merlin wouldn't be in their way, blaspheming their technology or trying to foil their plots anymore…

O.o

Merlin knocked on Arthur's door that evening, having just finished mucking out the stables. Arthur hadn't asked him to – or even demanded it, which was something unheard of within itself – but Merlin had been longing for a sense of normalcy, despite how stinky that normalcy might be. When Arthur opened the door, he blinked in surprise.

"Merlin? Since when do you knock?"

Merlin stared his master in the eyes. "Since when do you not order me around like a slave – not that I'm complaining," he added hastily, wanting to make sure that Arthur realized when all this was over, he would mind getting some time off, not that Arthur would agree, mind you.

Arthur grinned. "I'm not complaining either. It's nice not to have you barrel in here like you own the place."

Merlin quirked an eyebrow, wondering what had gotten Arthur in such a good mood. He decided to go with it – they hadn't had a pleasant, sarcastic conversation like this in a long time. "Well, considering that the last time I just burst in here without knocking, I ran in on you doing some sort of interpretive dance to a John Farmer –"

"Farnham," Arthur correctly automatically.

"—song."

Arthur pouted. "I like that song." His expression grew more solemn. "Merlin, come on in and sit down. I need to talk to you."

Merlin swallowed, not sure if this would bode well for him or not. Arthur had seemed to be in a good mood, but what if it was all an act? What if the technology had made Arthur crazy? Well, crazier, Merlin reprimanded himself, smirking at the thought.

"What's going on Arthur?"

Arthur sighed heavily. "I might as well tell you, Merlin – I destroyed my iPhone."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment