Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Depart

A story that takes place two years after the events of Kingdom Hearts 2.
Includes new characters, new worlds, a new organization, and a grand new adventure!

Chapter 2 - Depart

Chapter 2 - Depart
Sora woke up the next day with the memories of last evening still glued to his mind.

He sat up in bed, noticing that he hadn't undressed before he fell asleep either.

Slowly he planted his feet on the floor and headed for the bathroom.

He had a horrible headache, but that was nothing unusual. He was actually quite used to that, but it still hurt though.

Not noticing whether there was anyone else up yet or not he shut the bathroom door behind him.



"Damn" he sighed lifting his hand to gently rub his forehead.

He moved to the sink, turning on the cold water.

The young keyblade bearer rested his hands on the edge of the sink, observing as the water ran down the white sides of it.

Now the only sound he could hear was the sound of water, sometimes interrupted by his own breathing.

He moved his now pale hands into the beam of water, letting the cool liquid caress his skin. He cupped his hands, letting the water fill them, and as it did he lowered his head and splashed the cold water in his face.

A sigh escaped his lips as he the liquid ran down his face and neck, some of it coming down to his shoulders, but most of it ended up in the sink again.



He rested his hands on the sides of the sink once more, turned of the water and lifted his glance just to meet it in the mirror in front of him.

What met him in the mirror almost shocked him.

For a second he could have sworn his eyes were silver, but the next moment he saw they were as blue as always.

"Damn head" he said to himself and turned away from the mirror.

Even if he had a headache he came up with the brilliant idea to take a shower, so he lat his clothes drop to the floor and did so.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Sora sighed closing the bathroom door behind him and heading back into the hallway.

He kept drying his hair with a white towel and started to walk towards his bedroom again, then he suddenly heard something behind him, light steps in a way, only interrupted by a silent female voice.



"Sora...?"

The keyblade bearer turned around, his blue glance meeting eyes of perfect silver.

Sora looked at the girl before him with something that reminded of pure disgust or somewhat hatred.

"What are you doing in my house?" he replied angrily.

Misa (Me: I suppose you remember who she is) looked away, her drowsy silver ones rested on the floor beneath them.

"I beg your pardon...I was told to come here" she answered, one of her pale hands moved up to her silver bangs and started twirling a bang around one of her fingers.

Sora started to get annoyed with her, coming into his house without permission? And who the hell had told her to come there in the first place?

"You know what? Just get out" he said and turned away from her, heading for his bedroom again.

Misa looked up, her drowsy eyes waking up a little.

"I said I was sorry. I don't know why they told me to come here," she said heading after him.

Sora closed the door behind him as he finally reached his bedroom after what seemed like an eternity.

"I told you to get out!" he yelled at Misa, who was standing on the other side of the door.

"You don't have to be rude!" she yelled back. The sound of her voice was followed by a slam against the door and the sound of something dropping to the floor.

With other words, Misa had decided to sit down in front of Soras room and simply wait for him to come out.



-Fast Forward-



Sora sat by his desk, sketching down something that looked like an escape plan.

His thoughts wandered from the girl outside his room to Riku and then to the closed gates between the many worlds, and then suddenly back to Misa as she spoke to him from outside the door.

"I don't understand why you dislike me so much" she said.

"I've never done anything to you".

Sora got up from his chair and slammed his hands against the door.

"Stop playing stupid and make everything normal again!" he yelled at her.

Silence ruled between them for a moment before the silver haired girl spoke again.

"I don't understand..." she said silently, but loud enough for Sora to hear it.

The young keyblade bearer dropped to the floor, turned around and rested his back against he door too.

"Who sent you here in the first place?" he replied, no anger, no disgust filled his voice. This time it was just his plain curiosity.

"I don't really know," she answered

"They were both hooded so I couldn't see their faces".

Sora didn't know what to think about that. His glance moved over the floor suddenly noticing a little bloodstain from yesterday.

The words of the hooded girl resounded in his head again "The others"...

were they the same as Organization XIII? What were they in the first place? Could he even be sure something like "The others" really existed?

Confusion was not a funny thing at all.



"Sora...?" Misa said silently from the other side of the door.

Sora snapped out of his thoughts and replied in a hurry.

"What?" he said.

"Will you please open the door now?" she asked.

Sora got up from the floor. It couldn't hurt too much just to talk to her for once, and even if she was responsible for everything that was wrong in Soras life right now he could not make her fix it by being a complete asshole either.

"Alright" he replied and did as she requested only to have her falling into his room on her back. If something you're leaning onto is suddenly removed it's hard to keep your balance.

She got up in a hurry mumbling "sorry" so many times the word almost lost all meaning. She got her horribly long hair away from her face and looked up at Sora again. Sora wasn't so much taller than her, for a girl Misa was actually very tall when one thought of it.



His blue eyes swam in her silver for a while. At times it seemed like if she had no pupils, but they always returned. Sora found that very strange but ended up thinking that he saw things because of his aching head.

He came to think that she was somewhat incredibly beautiful, her pale skin that seemed like if it had never been exposed to sunlight was so fair, without a single mark or spot which was normal for teenagers.



It didn't take much time before Sora snapped out of it.

"It's okay, but just get out of my room already" he said pointing his finger at the open door.

Misa nodded and did as he had told her to, heading back into the hallway outside Soras room.



Sora followed her out, shut the door behind him and headed for the living room downstairs. He heard Misas careful light steps follow behind him as they walked down the stairs.

Nobody else seemed to be up yet, or perhaps they were all out already. In fact Sora didn't really know what time it was either, or if he had school today.

Right now he didn't care and decided not to go to school today and come up with a good excuse tomorrow.

Sora plumped down in the sofa and just stared at the TV as if trying to force it to turn itself on without touching the remote control.

Misa on her side just stood at the floor, her glance planted on her own feet and her hand twirling her long hair.

"Sit down before you get hurt," Sora said still looking at the TV.

Misa moved her glance away from her feet and up to him, nodded her head slightly and sat down in a chair beside the sofa.



"So what do you do every day? Not going to school and all" Sora suddenly asked interrupting the silence in the room.

Misa gave a sound showing that she was thinking.

"I don't really know" she answered

"I mostly just walk around, looking at the beauty of the sun, envying the ocean".

Sora moved his glance over to her

"Why do you envy the ocean?" he asked. It was in fact a strange thing to envy, but when he thought of it he always saw Misa somewhere close to the ocean.

Misas lips curved into a little smile and she looked down as if she was embarrassed.

"I envy it its freedom..." she answered silently

"The Ocean is allowed to go anywhere it wants to, and I can't. Im forced to stay here and wait for the eternal sleep, whenever it may come".



Sora stared at her as she spoke. The girl chose to put her words in a strange and somewhat confusing way, but the description pretty much illustrated something Sora felt as well.

As he had done almost four years ago, he now felt trapped at destiny islands.

There were no way out, he couldn't leave and was therefore doomed to stay there for all eternity. Once he had longed to get back here, now the only thing he really wanted was to get away.



"I see..." Sora silently replied as Misa was done talking.

He got himself out of the sofa and headed for the kitchen. As any normal person he got hungry.

Misa looked at him not knowing whether to follow him or stay in the chair.

"Im getting myself some breakfast," Sora said as he opened the door to the kitchen. He turned around to look at Misa again

"You want something?"

Misa shook her head as an answer.

"No, no thank you" she said.

"Okay, do as you please," replied Sora as he disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Misa alone in the living room.



-Fast forward-



"Sora!" Kairi's voice yelled as she entered Sora's house.

Sora and Misa were now both watching TV with great interest but turned their heads to look at the apparently very angry redhead in the doorway.

"What?" Sora replied in a halfway confused tone.

Kairi looked from Sora to Misa and back to Sora again, looking as if though she had just forgotten what she actually came there for.

She closed the door behind her and dropped her school stuff at the floor.

"Is she the reason why you didn't come to school today?" she asked pointing her finger at Misa.

Sora looked at Kairi for a while, obviously trying to find a better reason for skipping school than that.

"Not really. I woke up with a horrible headache, he answered,

"I just didnt feel like going to school"

Kairi made herself at home and sat down in another chair beside the sofa.

"And Misa?" she said in a questioning tone.

"Oh Misa... well she came to visit me a couple of hours ago" he said not telling the whole truth.

Kairi smiled at this

"So you're finally friends then?" she said.



Sora didn't really know what to say, Misa wasn't as bad as he had thought but he still blamed her for Riku, Roxas and the closed gates between the worlds.

Because of this he didn't know what to consider Misa, perhaps like a friend in practise or a half-friend if there was a word like that.

"I suppose so" he simply answered and returned to watching the TV.

Kairi smiled and started to talk to Misa who rarely answered her, and when she did it was mostly "oh" or "yes".



-Fast forward-



Around 6 oclock Kairi left saying something about homework and that she waited to see Sora at school tomorrow, and about half an hour later Misa left too without actually explaining.

Sora felt like a lazy bum considering that he woke up around 01.00 and that he had been watching TV since about 03.00 till now.

So about 10 minutes after Misa left he decided to go for a walk along the beach.



The cool wind rushed through Soras brown hair. The only sound he could hear was the sound of the waves as they climbed up the shore to be taken back out again.

He had removed his shoes a while ago and the sand felt great against his bare feet as he walked, not really heading anywhere at all.

Thoughts swam through his head, thoughts considering everything that was wrong in his life. Riku, Roxas, the worlds...

Suddenly as Sora lifted his glance he noticed a familiar silver haired girl sitting, knees under her chin, in the sand in front of him.

She held a little stick in her right hand and drew something in the sand with it.

Sora walked over to her.

She didn't look at him but just kept drawing.

It looked like a key, slowly taking form as a weapon Sora knew so well.

A keyblade.



"Misa?" he said making her look up, startled as if she hadn't noticed he was even there.

"Huh?" she replied and dropped the stick in the sand right over her drawing.

Sora looked at the image under the stick.

"What were you drawing?" he asked.

Misa looked at the stick and picked it up again.

"I don't really know..." she answered

"I get images of it in my head very often... I think it's called a keyblade or something".

She moved her hand over the image making it disappear and then she started to draw with the stick again.

Sora sat down beside her, not knowing exactly why he didn't dislike her so much anymore or why he decided to sit there with her.

"It is... you just drew the kingdom key," he explained.

Misa didn't look at him but just kept drawing another keyblade.

Slowly it took shape-letting Sora remember the name of the certain keyblade.

"And that's the Oath keeper" he said.

Misa seemed to be smiling

"How do you know about these things Sora?" she asked and looked up at him.



The sun started to slowly die in the horizon as day went towards the twilight, and the light slightly got the red glow of sunset.

Sora looked at her smiling face trying to find the words he was looking for.

Finally as he was about to speak a shadow appeared behind Misa, a way too familiar shadow.

"Misa behind you!" Sora said loudly making Misa turn around in confusion just to meet the yellow glowing eyes of a heartless.

She uttered a cry, startled at this thing that she had never seen before.

It wasn't one of the usual small ones, it was bigger and Sora had indeed met this kind before too.

Both the adolescents got up from their sitting positions.

The heartless got ready to strike, Sora reached his hand out at his side and as the heartless jumped towards them, before Misa could even get to scream the heartless was hit to the ground and its stolen heart escaped in the air.

Misa looked up at Sora from her position behind him and noticed what he was now holding in his hand, the very same object of which she had seen in her head for such a long time, a keyblade.

"So that's why... "she whispered.

Sora lat the keyblade disappear again.

"Damn heartless...what are they doing here now?" he said and moved his glance over to Misa.

"You okay?" he asked. He didn't know why, but somehow he had just worried about her.

The silver haired girl nodded "y-yeah" she said

"but...what was that thing?"

"That was a heartless" Sora replied.

"A what?" Misa said in a confused way.

Sora noticed that the shadows had started to appear elsewhere on the beach.

What were they doing there? Hadn't he defeated them once and for all more than two years ago?

"I obviously don't have time to explain right now" he said in a hurry and summoned the keyblade again.

"Stay here! I'll take care of those bastards!" he said loudly as he ran off to fight them.

Misa obeyed him as a good dog and watched as Sora took them down one by one.

It was in a way horribly impressive.

Suddenly she felt as if she was being watched and turned around just to face another bunch of heartless.

She backed away from them and got ready to run, scream, anything that would make her get away from them.

Then they were suddenly all over her, faster than she could manage to react.

She uttered a cry as she fell down on her back with the heartless covering her.

How the hell was she going to get out of this?



Sora was in the middle of a fight when he suddenly heard a scream from the direction where he had told Misa to stay.

He turned around to see a whole bunch of those bloody heartless jumping on her and holding her down.

"Misa!" he yelled turning his attention away from the heartless attacking himself and headed for the silver haired girl on the ground.

One by one heartless jumped up beside him as he ran, and one by one he took them all down.

Finally, as he had almost reached Misa and got ready to attack again the air around her was suddenly brightly lit up.

Sora stopped in his tracks covering his eyes from the light, glowing numbers circled around the girl and in a moment, so fast Sora couldn't even see it, the heartless were all gone and hearts floated in the air above them.

Misa stood exposing her full height, still covered in the light which slowly faded again, and as it did Sora could see what had struck the heartless down.

In Misas right hand she held a weapon, a weapon shaped like a strange kind of blade, but it was obviously not a keyblade. It was about the length of Misas legs and a mix between black and silver in colour.

She looked so confused it was obvious that she had no idea of what just happened.

Sora in his case didnt look any better at all.

"What the heck just happened!?" He exclaimed and stared at her wide-eyed.

The silver haired girl looked at him with almost exactly the same expression.

"I-I have no idea" she said and looked at the sword in her hand.

"What is this thing?"

Sora stared at the sword for a while. All of the heartless were all gone now so they could both relax.

"I don't know" he answered,

"Can I have a look at it?"

Misa nodded and handed him the sword, which immediately disappeared from the keyblade bearers hand and came back to Misa surrounded by glowing numbers.

She stared at it wide-eyed

"Holy..." she said silently looking up at Sora again.

He shook his shoulders

"Well, it obviously belongs to you" he said.

Misa nodded again

"Looks like it" she replied and sat down in the sand.

Sora looked at her from above, Misa's silver eyes were fixed at the blood red sunset in the horizon, and soon Sora's blue ones were too.



"Sora...?" Misa suddenly said interrupting the somewhat comfortable silence.

"What?" Sora replied looking down at her from his standing position.

Misas glance moved down in the sand.

"No...It was nothing," she said as if though she didn't want to say what she had intended to. She got up to her full height, brushed some sand away from her knees and thighs and moved her glance to Sora.

"I'm going home. I guess we could both use some sleep," she said.

Sora nodded

"Yeah, I'm strangely tired though I slept for such a long time" he replied.

They said their goodnights and then they both headed in opposite directions.



When Sora got home he fell asleep at once, drifting into peaceful dreams.

At least one thing was back to normal now.



*********



The next day Sora woke up to familiar voices calling his name.

He opened his eyes slowly thinking that the voices were probably just part of the dream but no.

He jumped up in bed, startled by the two faces that were staring at him as he woke up.

"What!? Y-you guys!?" he exclaimed as he understood that they were really there.

His old companions both smiled at him.

"Who else should we be?" Goofy said and gave one of his usual giggles.

"You're such a pansy Sora" was Donalds reply to it.

Sora jumped at them with a heart-warming laugh.

"Donald! Goofy! I've missed you guys!" he said smiling as he had done before, a smile that had been gone for a long time.

"Aww, we missed you too" Donald said giving Sora a hug, Goofy did so too and the three friends sat on the floor in a triple embrace.

"How did you two get here?" Sora asked in an excited tone when they lat go of him.

Goofy seemed to be thinking but Donald answered at once.

"As we usually do, in the gummi-ship" he said.

Sora looked at him in a confused way.

"You mean the links are open again?" he asked.

Goofy replied this time.

"I think so," he said simply.

"The king told us to come here and get you" Donald continued.

Sora smiled

"You mean I can leave this place again?" he said happily.

Both of his friends nodded with a smile on their faces.

"You're coming with us to the castle whether you want to or not" Goofy said.

Sora laughed again

"you guys. When do we leave?"

"Whenever you're ready," Donald said.

Sora got up in a hurry

"Then we'll leave at once!" he said happily and headed for his closet to get some clothes.

Goofy seemed to be thinking again.

"Uhm...didn't the King mention someone else we were supposed to take with us?" he suddenly asked.

Donald seemed to be thinking too

"Yeah, he did" he answered

"Some silver haired girl...do you know anyone like that Sora?"

Sora was busy finding clothes in his closet, no school today either!

"Huh?" was his super smart reply.

"The King told us to take some silver haired girl with us too" Goofy said.

"But when he told us that we would be able to meet you again we were too happy to catch her name"

Sora pulled a shirt on and thought a little

"Well...I only know one silver haired girl on this island" He said

"Her name is Misa, but I don't really know where she lives"

Donald and Goofy gave a sigh

"We'll just have to search for her then" Donald said not really wanting to go look for someone.



"You don't have to..." a silent female voice said from the door.

They all turned around to see whom it was, just to be met with the sight of Misa standing there, her long silver hair glittering in the sunlight from the window.

"Misa? Why are you here this early?" Sora asked, happy that he had just put his pants on.

Misa twirled her hair again.

"I was told to...by those two from yesterday," she answered.

'The others again?' Sora thought as he put on his socks.

Donald and Goofy got up from the floor

"Is this the girl Sora?" Goofy asked.

"Well, yeah" Sora replied and walked over to them.

"You guys, this is Misa. Misa, this is Donald and Goofy, the best companions a guy can have"

Misa looked at the funny figures with a drowsy but slightly confused glance.

"Nice to meet ya Misa" Goofy said and Donald came with an

"It's a pleasure to meet you".

Misa stopped twirling her hair and bowed her head

"The pleasure is mine Donald, Goofy" she said and as she lifted her head she smiled at them.

"So can we leave now? Pleeeaaase?" Sora said impatiently.

"I guess we can" Donald replied and headed for the door with Goofy and a very happy Sora following.

"You're coming too Miss" Goofy said as the four of them headed down the hallway.

Misa looked very confused.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

Sora turned around and smiled at her.

"Far away Misa. We're going to another world"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment