Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - The Same

[WIP] They had what no force on Earth could divide. Be it up or down, right or wrong, they counted on a childhood vow to see them through. But now time has taken its toll and nothing can ever be the same. [Spud/Trixie – Jake/Trixie – Jake/Rose]

Chapter 19 - The Same

Chapter 19 - The Same
Chapter Nineteen: The Same


Daisy Hunter looked at her companion curiously from where she sat on her private plane. They had been in the air for three hours now and he hadn't said a single word to her since they had boarded. All he had done was either one of two things. He was either looking out the window into the night sky, or staring at a photo he had in his hand, consisting of him and his wife when they were younger.

She could tell that something was upsetting him, but didn't know if he would take offense if she asked if something was wrong. “Long?” she finally thought it would be best to say something. She waited for him to look at her before she spoke again. “You've been kind of quiet. Is everything alright?”

“Yeah,” he sounded so tried to her ears. “Everything is fine,” he told her, but then closed his eyes as he began to shake his head. “That's a lie,” he admitted with a sigh. He then looked back down at his photo. “I think- I think I've just sacrificed more than I was willing to lose,” he said. Daisy waited for him to continue, but instead he only turned his head back around and looked out the window once more.

As he stared out the window, what had occurred between him and Trixie ran like a movie through his mind. It constantly rewound and played again. Reminding him of one simple fact. . .

OoOoO


“Wait!” Jake quickly moved forward, his tail appearing and wrapping around Trixie's waist tightly as his outstretched fingers had missed her.

She shrieked in surprise as she dropped the handle of the suitcase and was pulled closer to Jake. “Let go!” she demanded.

Jake did as he was asked, his tail dissolving as he loosen it from around her. “You have to remember, that you and I aren't alone in this marriage,” he reminded her. “What about Jerry?” he paused for a moment. “What about our son?” Trixie's expression soften for a moment, before reading of suspicion. Jake had never referred to Jerry as his when they were alone, and when he had, he wasn't Jake. So Trixie stared deeply into his eyes looking for any signs of falsehood, but found none. “I mean,” his head fell, “I know, I probably have no right to ask, but will I be able – I mean, will you allow me–” he didn't know how to form his question.

“Jake,” she interrupted him. “All I want is a divorce, not a custody battle,” she explained. “As far as I'm concerned, you are Jerry's dad. You can come and see him whenever. . . if you want to.”

“I do, I want to see him,” Jake responded softly. “And you too,” he added.

“Know, just because this didn't work out, doesn't mean I hate you or something. Friends for life and friends for real,” she reassured him as she gave him a lopsided smile. “But I should really get going now,” she told him. “And you have a plane to catch.”

“Of course,” he nodded his head. He then took a few steps towards the door. “I uh I just want to see Jerry before you leave, alright?”

“What?” Trixie, who had once again reached for her fallen luggage, looked up a bit confused as she watched Jake walk out the door and across the hall. “Jake, wait.” She followed after him.

Jake froze in the doorway of Jerry's room after turning on the light. He had wondered why during all their yelling Jerry hadn't woken up and as he saw the empty crib the answer became obviously clear. Jake slowly turned his head when he heard Trixie approach him. His eyes narrowed with his question. “Where's Jeremiah?”

“He's not here,” she answered. “After you left, I called Gregory and he came to pick him up.”

Jake walked over to the crib and tossed the blanket aside as if what she just told him was a lie. “How could you?” He looked at her in disbelief when he turned around to fully face her. “How could you allow him to march in here, like he owned the place, and take that child from this home?”

Trixie shook her head as she took a small step forward. “This has never been a true home,” she stated her opinion.

“How- how can you say that to me?” Jake practically yelled, unshed tears glistened in his eyes, as his blood boiled within his veins. “We were a family, dammit!” Jake felt as if his world was falling from beneath his feet. Everything was happening much too fast.

“That can't be what you actually called this,” she spoke softly. “I mean, Jesus, has there been a day, were you haven't thought about Rose, or a day I haven't longed for Spud to come back? If we were really a family, we would be the only thing on each other's mind, but we aren't,” she explained. “And I'm tired of pretending,” she admitted. “I want something real, Jake, and you can't give that to me. You've refuse to time and time again. I'm tired of it.”

Jake stood silent for a moment before coming to his own conclusion. “This is Greggy's doing, isn't it?”

“It's Gregory,” she corrected him. “And no, this has nothing to with him. This is about me, Jake. Me,” she emphasized.

Jake spoke as if he hadn't heard her. “He's gone and turned you against me,” he was convinced.

“He's done no such thing,” she protested. “This has been on my mind since before Gregory even came into the picture,” she admitted.

“I won't lose you to him,” Jake's voice became unfamiliar to the woman before him. “Jerry is mine,” he spat. “You are mine.” Trixie was dumbfounded for a moment. She had never heard him speak like this before. Jake then took her long silence as an admission. “What I said was true, wasn't it?” he inquired. “You would let him get away with anything. Like him convincing you to leave me or coming in here and taking my son!” he yelled.

“Okay, Jake,” Trixie lifted her hand, wanting to soothe him. “Maybe you should calm down a little,” she advised.

“What else did you let him do, huh?” Jake demanded to know as he took a few steps towards her and grabbed her arm. Trixie's eyes went wide as she took in how angry he had become. His hands slowly began to turn red as dark, black claws broke from underneath his nails. This, sadly, was something she was used to, but what she saw next, was not. His eyes, once the color of a moonless night, burned bright and intensely, but somehow it was more than just that. It was then she realized that they were truly on fire as they bore into hers. Jake's nostrils flared as smoke escaped from them. “Answer me!” he shook her roughly, but Trixie still could not find it within herself to speak. “Did you invite him into our room?” She frantically shook her head no. “Did you allow him to frack you our bed, again? Did you like it?” His grip tighten with each question.

“Jake!” Trixie finally cried out as she found her voice, tears screamed down her face as she cowered under his rage. “Please,” she begged as she tugged at where he had taken a hold of her. “You're breaking my arm!”

“And you're breaking my heart!” he countered.

“Let go!” Trixie began to struggle harder against him, until she was able to break free, but her freedom was short lived as she had only managed to take a few steps back before she saw Jake's claws reach out for her again. She stumbled back, losing her footing as she tried to avoid his touch.

Jake did not miss his target, but gravity had already taken its effect and he fall along with her. Trixie cried out in pain as her head hit the hardwood floor before she felt the weight of Jake's body on top of her. “Please,” her voice came out weakly as she begged him. Her head throbbed as black and white spots rapidly swam in her vision. She placed her hand on Jake's chest. “Don't,” the word was barely audible.

Jake snatched her hand away, taking both of her wrists as he pinned them to either side of her head. “Don't what?” he asked as he looked down at her. “Isn't this the very place, where you told me to give in to temptation?”

“No,” she lied.

“Isn't this the place, where you wanted me to be your husband?” he inquired. “And take you the way only a husband should?”

“Jakey,” tears raced from her eyes as she spoke. “Don't do this,” she begged of him.

“Don't do what?” he asked.

“Don't hurt me,” she sobbed.

“Don't. . .” Jake's angry face soften as he watched Trixie break down underneath him, “hurt you?” It was then that he realized how his actions must have appeared to her. It had never been his intention to hurt her. He just wanted her to know how betrayed he felt as she had chosen that back stabbing, snot-nosed, poor excuse for a dragon, he called his cousin, over him. But then again, hadn't he done the same thing when it came to Rose? Hadn't he knowingly turned his back on her? Jake then remembered the last real conversation he had had with his grandfather. . .

“Jake, my boy, tell me,” he began. “Do you love Trixie?” he asked.

Jake turned his torso and looked at his grandfather in disbelief. “Of course I do,” he told him. “She's my best friend, I do anything for her,” he said honestly.

“That is not what I asked,” the older man said to him. “I do not mean the love one friend has for another. I mean, do you love her in a way a man is suppose to love a woman?”

Jake frowned as he thought over the question. “What does that have to do with anything?”

“Why do you avoid the question?” Lao Shi looked at him oddly. “Trust me, Jake, no matter how honorable you think you are being by marrying Trixie, if your heart is with someone else, your marriage is already doomed to fail,” he told him sadly. “I know how strongly you felt about Rose-”

“I don't want to talk about Rose,” Jake interrupted his grandfather quietly. “She isn't a part of my life anymore. She hasn't shown her face in a year and I wouldn't care less if I ever saw her again,” Jake made clear. “So if you really want an answer, than yes, I love Trixie and once we're married no woman will come before her.”

Lao Shi sighed. “You were always a horrible liar, Jake.”


Jake realized then that he had broken a promise. A promise he had made himself for her. He had promised to never let her fall, but he had, and he had done more than than. Because he hadn't just simply let her fall, he purposely dropped her and than only watched.

Jake looked at his hands, so lost in his anger that he didn't notice that his human form had been slipping. He then looked back down at his wife, reading the fear that clearly marked her features. She was afraid of him. . .

Tear rose back to Jake's eyes as he finally released her. “Trixie, I,” he had begun, but got no further, for as soon as she felt him rise, she desperately backed away from him, her back hitting the wall. Jake's chest ache painfully at the reaction. The look in her eyes as she looked at him was unbearable. “Baby girl, please. I'm sorry,” he tried to offer.

“Don't touch me,” was her response as she quickly tried to wipe away her tears, ashamed of them. “You're a bastard,” she told him. “And I hate you,” she hissed as more tears wet her cheeks. “And I never want to see you again.” Then, before Jake could say another word, she rose and ran out the room.

“Trixie, wait!” Jake cried, as he got up off his knees and ran after her, but Trixie paid him no mind as she slammed the front door behind her with a resounding smack.

Jake froze in his tracks as he watched the front door close and for a time all he found he could do was stare at it. Jake then brought his hand up to cover his face at he began to weep. He then fell to his knees as his tears had weighted him down and he cried like he had never done so in his life.

The memory played over and over again, reminding Jake of one simple fact, when he came back. . . nothing would ever be the same.

To Be Continued. . .


------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: Alright, has everyone seen "Love Cruise"? I just actually saw it for the first time like two days ago.

Who thought the best part of the episode was when Jake said, "I'm sorry Rose, but I won't lose you to Brad."? And than he shot her?!

To me it seems that Jake is a very emotional person and he seems to be lead by them. It also appears that he isn't all there at those times, if you ask me. I mean, come on, boy went all up in arms over some imaginary smoke enemy over an imaginary smoke Rose. Repeat it with me now:

Issues. . .

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the Jake/Trixie part of this story as Trixie joins Spud in a temporary exit. But don't worry, Trixie and Jake still have plenty of problems to deal with when he returns. And I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see things come to a head between Jake and Gregory. I can't wait to get to that part. I smell a beat down! ;-D

Then after this short Rose story arc (fears short will be a lot longer than she thinks), you may expect the return of King Arthur. I'm still a little sad over the fact of his name. I so wanted to call him Emperor Ezekiel. :-(

Alright, I think I may have to take a break from this story for a little while, I got five other WIP stories, which I have neglected terribly. Plus, I have to work out the Rose arc. Actually, to be honest, I have to come up with a Rose arc. ++Blushes++ I have only worked out what will happen after she's returned to America.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, the episode "HOMECOMING" does not, I repeat DOES NOT[/u][/b] exist in this world. Usually, I can blend new information from a show into a story, but damn, if "Homecoming" didn't knock me off my feet.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment