Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Pop goes the Diesel

Memories of Sodor's trains

Chapter 6 - Pop goes the Diesel

Chapter 6 - Pop goes the Diesel
Stephen is proud to be LBS&CR. He talks endlessly about it but he makes everything run like clockwork. It was a splendid day. The trucks and coaches behaved well and the passengers even stopped grumbling, but the engines don’t like to bustle about. “There are two ways of doings things; the right way and the wrong way. I’m LBS&CR and…” “Don’t we know it,” they groaned. The engines were pleased when a visitor arrived. He purred smoothly towards them. “Here is Diesel, I’ve agreed to give him one last time on the Island,” boomed the Fat Controller. “Hello,” he oiled , “Is that Pip & Emma, Gordon, Henry, James, & Emily. I’m delighted to meet such famous engines.” Stephen puffed quickly away to the yard. Diesel fallowed him. “Your worthy Fat--” “Sir Topham Hatt,” Stephen said sternly. Diesel looked hurt. “Your worthy Sir Topham Hatt thinks I need to learn,” reproached Diesel, “but he is mistaken, we diesels don’t need to learn, we know everything, we come to a yard and improve it, WE ARE REVOLUTIONARY!!!” “Oh,” said Stephen, “if your revo-thinggummy, perhaps you could fetch my trucks while I get Gordon’s coaches.” Diesel, delighted to show off, purred away. When Stephen returned, he saw Diesel trying to take some trucks from a siding. They, by the way they looked, had not been touched in years and all te brakes were old. Diesel found them hard to move. “Pull, Push, Backwards, Forwards.” “Ohhhhh! Ohhhhhhhhh!” groaned the trucks, “We can’t! We won’t!” they groaned. Diesel lost patience. “Ruhhh gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr,” he growled and gave a great heave and the trucks jerked forward “Oh! Oh! Oh,” they groaned “we can’t we won’t---aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” they screamed as Diesel jolted forward, but all the brakes caught in the sleepers and points. Diesel lost his patience” “Ruuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhruuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!” he roared but all it did was snap a rusting coupling and he shot forward. “Ho! Ho! Ho!,” chuckled Stephen. Diesel recovered and tried to push the trucks back, but they wouldn’t move, he had to give up. Stephen ran round to fetch the other trucks. “Thank you for arranging these, Diesel, I must go now.” Don’t you want this lot.” no, thank you.” But--but I’ve taken all this trouble why didn’t you tell me.” “You were having so much fun be rev-whatever-it-you-said, Good Bye.” “Ruuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhruuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!” He had to help the workmen clear the mess. He didn’t like it. All the trucks were laughing and singing. “Trucks waiting in the yard, tackling them with easel, show the world what I can do, gaily boasts the diesel, in and out he creeps about like a big black weasel, when he pulls the wrong trucks out…---POP!!!!!! Goes the Diesel.” “Ruuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhruuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!” growled Diesel and he scuttled away to sulk in the sheds.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment