Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Trucks will be trucks

Memories of Sodor's trains

Chapter 11 - Trucks will be trucks

Chapter 11 - Trucks will be trucks
Rosie is a small USA tank engine on the Fat Controller’s Railway and loves taking trucks and coaches. Sometimes other engines tease her about her size. Joy and Nazz are two tender engines from Japan. One day, at the yards Gordon, Joy, Nazz, Henry, James and Spencer made fun of her size and strength. Donald and Douglas cruised up one on each side. “Ye woudnae be makkin fun ov her noo woud ye.” All six engines jumped and glanced around and at each other. “N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-no,” they stuttered. “That’s fine, noo juist keep that wey.” and that was the way they kept it!

The next day, Rosie was shunting the express for Bear, who was an express diesel that had befriended Rosie along with BoCo, Salty, Mavis and The Works Diesel. “Thank you, Rosie,” Bear called as he pulled out of the station. “You’re welcome and goodbye, Bear,” Rosie called and set to work shunting trucks in the yards. She arranged James’ coal trucks and Gordon’s express of eighteen coaches and sixty trucks. She was the middle engine of both trains put the coaches on platform no. two and the trucks on platform no. one. She left to shunt pipe trucks for the Scottish twins to take to the airport and lumber for Henry to take to the barber shop to repair the wall from when Duck had crashed through it. She had everything right on time. The Fat Controller was pleased with her work in the yards.

“Rosie, I want you to take some trucks to the quarry, load them up and take them to the airport and once there, collect the empty trucks and take them to the Docks.”

“Yes, sir”

She steamed away and gently buffered up to Scruffey. “Such nice manners,” he thought. He tried to think of something to tell her but he asked “What is your name, mine is Scruffey.” “Mines Rosie,” she replied and set off. At the quarry, the hopper loaded her trucks, and she set off to the airport with the stone, and once there she collected the empty trucks and headed back to the yard. On the way she was flagged down by a signalman. “Joy and Nazz have derailed coming down the hill with loaded coal trucks,” he called to her driver. “Those engines had it coming. They were full of arrogance,” Rosie called to her driver and he agreed. The signalman called down to the station and told the stationmaster to reroute all trains. Rosie raced to the yards, collected Rocky and four low loaders, raced back to the accident and left Rock there to put the engines on the low loaders whilst she took the long line of hundred trucks to the dockyards.

After that little accident, the engines learned that sometimes in spite of size, engines all have strength.

A tribute to the Awdry family

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment