Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Blueprints for Life

Will and Elizabeth are finally married, but they find out that things don't always go the way they planned.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Blueprints for Life

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Blueprints for Life
Shouting could be heard from the governor's mansion as the week dragged on, particularly that of one, Miss. Elizabeth Swann. The sun shone high, and with just three days before the wedding the soon to be bride was having difficulties explaining just what she wanted to the tailor.

"I do not wish to wear a corset in my own wedding. Breathing is much more important, and I'm nervous enough to begin with." She sulked as she sat upon a painted couch in her fitting room.

"My lady, it is no question of what you will wear. Your father has decided for you, you must wear the dress specified." The tired old man begged, his weary eyes down turned as he pleaded with the governess.

Governor Swann made his entrance and faced his daughter with hopeful eyes.

"Is the dress properly fitted, my daughter?" He asked as he looked from tailor to tailored, his jovial face becoming more of a frown.

"I have tried everything my lord, but the young lady refuses to even try it on." Mr. Hobbs mumbled as he placed his small form into the seat across from the obstinate young woman.

"I have had frightful luck with corsets before, and I do not wish to repeat such a downfall at my own wedding. Father, please. We must find another dress that I can wear..." She implored the elderly man; his white hairs curled and pompously fake around his rounded face.

With a sigh he placed his hands on his daughter's shoulders, looking into her lovely features.

"You're mother used to look at me like that. How could I possibly not give in to your wants and desires?" He spoke gently, his heart still aching for his lost wife.

"Thank you so much, father." She flung her arms around her neck as he chuckled deep in his chest, his happy eyes holding more than just love and respect for his daughter, but a deep sense of loss at the thought of finally having her marry and leave home.

Turning from the room she opened the large white door; hearing a complaining shout from the opposite room.

"Goodness sakes William Turner, you're twitchin' like a litt'l boy! 'Old still!" A harsh woman's voice came from the crack in the door opposite to her own dressing room.

Peering in through the crevice she smiled at the sight of renowned blacksmith turned Pirate, and future husband being scolded by a house maid as she stuck him with yet another pin.

"Pardon, ma'am, I do not mean to fidget. But the task becomes unbearable when one becomes a living pincushion." He spoke diligently turning to her scowling face as she grabbed the black vest from the back of a deep red chair.

"You know young man, I am fitting your trousers as well. I could mistake in makin' them a little...uncomfortable; if'n you catch my drift." She muttered through a mouth full of pins, as she pulled him down to her height. Tossing the vest over his arms she grinned as his face became pained at the thought of her tailoring his suit wrong.

"Not to worry, Mr. Turner, you'll still be able to have children."

"I do believe this conversation has become too bold." He stated with a slight smile and winced as she stuck him in the chest with a pin.

"I've dressed you since you were a little boy, lad, I'll be makin' my suggestions where I please." She turned him to face the door as she worked the buttons through the proper holes, grunting as she yanked the vest tight across his chest and waist.

"Too tight?" She questioned as she finished,, moving around him in circles as her eyes searched him up and down.

"A little....bit... too...tight." He grunted in a high and raspy voice, taking in a deep breath. He flinched as a button placed in the center of his chest popped off, flying across the room and landing on the carpeted floor with a muffled thump.

"Blast it all, William Turner! Away with ya, I'll finish it meself!" She snarled taking the vest off and pushing him toward the door as she went to retrieve the lost button.

Opening it with a grin he began to pull the various sized needles from the shirt he wore as a small hand reached out to help him.

"How long have you been standing there, Elizabeth?"

"Long enough to triumphantly see you in something as tight as a corset, my dear Will."

A voice called out from the room behind them, the aggravated servant angrily stitching the popped button back into place.

"Don't you be movin' a single pin, William! Or we'll be startin' over!"

Looking forlornly into his large palms, the ten or so long pins seemed to wink back up at him as he peered around the hallway quickly. Seeing a large vase he quickly dumped the contents into the slim top.

"Yes ma'am, of course not." He shouted.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He added quietly as he slipped his hand into Elizabeth's and they walked from the stuffy house into the welcoming breeze of the balcony.

* * *

The day of the wedding couldn't come on a more beautiful day. The Fort seemed teeming with people as the guests chattered about everything from the weather to the odd couple that Will and Elizabeth made. A blacksmith, and somewhat of a pirate, marrying the fine social Elizabeth Swann did not sit well in some circles. Especially that of Commodore Norrington. Pleading with Governor Swann to allow him to miss the wedding, it was Elizabeth who managed to sway the soldier's will.

"Please, Commodore, you have been such a loyal man, serving Port Royal and our family for as many years that I can remember. It would be simply awful if you were not there."

Persuading him with her eyes and pleading words Norrington had given in, much to the chagrin of Will Turner.

Despite all those opposed, or in favor, the wedding proceeded as planned. The bride was beautiful and the groom handsome, quite possibly the finest wedding ceremony since the Governor's own. The lady's father led her down the isle with tears in his eyes, and delivered her to Mr. Turner without as much as a hint of resignation.

The couples surprised each other by writing their own vows, explaining their love in full detail in front of the entire world on the luxurious grounds of the Port Royal beach. The sun setting low into the sky marked the end of the old life and the beginning of something new, and the cannons fired from the massive ship the Dauntless as the couple sealed their vows with a kiss.

Tossing the door to his office open, Norrington lithely strode to his desk. He lifted his hat from his head and haphazardly threw it across the room.

"Confound that woman. Marrying a blacksmith of all trades. I was so close. So close to achieving what I have been searching for after nearly three years, and in walks Mr. Turner." He snarled; lifting a bottle of vintage scotch to his lips he drank noisily.

"So close." He growled again as he poured over blueprints for a new ship. Yet to be named, the vessel would prove to be faster than the Interceptor. Without even thinking, the Commodore had ordered it to be built; the thought of losing the Interceptor to pirates was still a fresh wound; unallowable in his mind. This ship would have one purpose alone.

To hunt those that preyed upon the settlements of the Caribbean.

With a devilish grin, he formulated a plan. Lifting a quill into his long and nimble fingers, he wrote in dark ink on the sketched back end of the ship:

Lady Elizabeth


~Jean~

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jennah_Jones on May 25, 2006, 12:31:44 PM

Jennah_Jones on
Jennah_Jonescool next chap woot!