Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3: Married Life

Will and Elizabeth are finally married, but they find out that things don't always go the way they planned.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3: Married Life

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3: Married Life
An arrangement had been made many months before the wedding for Elizabeth and Will to have a house of they could call their own. Decidedly, the Governor had ordered it placed on the opposite side of Port Royal, closer to the ocean and farther from the fort. The couple had moved in a week after the wedding and was all the more excited to be out on their own.

Four months had passed, and Elizabeth sat on the balcony to their bedroom. Her white dress blowing idly at the ends by a soft breeze, the curls of her dirty blonde hair set free from the bun it was usually confined in made a u-turn into her face. Lifting a small hand, she whisked it from her eyes as Ms. Trudy, her chambermaid, rapped lightly on the door behind her.

"A visitor to see you, Mrs. Turner."

"Thank you Trudy." She smiled, still becoming adjusted to being Mrs. Turner. Will Turner was quite possibly the best thing that had happened in her life.

Her husband still worked for hours in the shop, but leaving in the morning and returning in the afternoon left the couple time together in the evening. Which they rarely wasted, constantly wishing to be at one another's side day and night. Watching the moon rise at night, high over their heads as they sat together on the lit balcony after long hours of time spent with only each other, a blanket keeping them warm. Despite having blacksmith's hands, they were surprisingly gentle when he wished them to be. Luring her to him by a single touch or a hint in his voice.

Standing quickly, she greeted her visitor in the living room with a hug.

"It is wonderful to see you again, Elizabeth. My, how you've grown into a beautiful young woman. A wife I hear." Mrs. Norrington stated with an amused smile as she sat opposite Elizabeth in the well-appointed front room. A crystal chandelier hung high above their heads, giving a sense of superiority over those below it. The deep cherry wood tables and cabinets gave an air of aristocracy as the ornate carpets lay decadently on the wooden floors.

"This is indeed a beautiful home, Elizabeth, you are truly lucky that your father dotes on you in such a manor as this."

"Will and I are happy, and I suppose that happiness and love could fill any home. No matter the size or style." She explained, folding her legs underneath her body on the sofa.

"You..." Mrs. Norrington stopped short, looking down into her tea cup as she refrained from finishing the sentence.

"I what, Mrs. Norrington?"

"You seem...different. You have this particular glow about you. Do you have any secrets you're keeping?"

"Why would I keep secrets? You've known that I've always been one to speak my mind. I seem to wear my heart on my sleeve."

"Come dear, you used to be able to tell me everything, before the crossing from England."

"And to that I hold, what is it you wish to know of me? You are more of a mother to me than a friend, I don't quite know who I would be if you hadn't spent so much time with us, tutoring me at my father's summer home in London." Elizabeth explained, looking up as Trudy came into the room; her heels clicking against the wooden planks in the uncomfortable silence between the two visitors.

"Are you with child, Elizabeth?" She asked frankly, seeking an answer in the startled face of the young Mrs. Turner.

"No. Well...at....at least I do not believe that I am. No, I couldn't be."

Thoughts began flying through her head, the fact that she had been feeling sick earlier that week. Waking up after Will had left for the blacksmith's shop she hadn't thought to inform him about it since she was feeling considerably better by the time he arrived home.

"You just seem a lot like your mother, before she had you. I do not mean to interject on business that is not my own, I merely asked a question."

"No, I am always welcoming to your company, and conversation. It's just, Will and I have not discussed having children."

"Does that mean you are unable to have one until you speak of it?"

"Well...no."

"Of course not. Dearie, get yourself into a doctor to find out. I'm merely suggesting here of course, do not take my words to be definite." Placing a gentle hand on Elizabeth's knee, the older woman dismissed herself.

"I need to be getting along now, love. Keep in touch; I do so love to read your letters. I will be in Port Royal for another week and then I'm heading back to London. Take care of yourself, child. I admire your spirit."

She escorted Mrs. Norrington to the door and to her carriage. Leaning against the door-frame she watched the horse and buggy fade through the driveway and into the streets of the bustling Port Royal business district. Her mind full of worries and excitement and of the things she'd need to discuss with her husband when he returned home.

Will had left the shop early, filling his order many hours before schedule. Walking up the driveway he spotted his wife at the doorway, a far off look in her face. Taking the steps slowly he frowned with a grin as he lifted his hand and waved it smoothly before her face.

Jumping she focused on him and let out a nervous chuckle. "My apologies Will, I've been daydreaming a bit."

"About what, may I ask?" He prodded, taking her arm and leading her to the porch.

"About nothing in particular; life you might say."

"About roguish pirates that pillage and plunder?"

"Now, I didn't say that, you did." She laughed, leaning into him as they sat together in a large wicker chair. The cushion was used many hours a day by the two as they watched the sun set when Will came home from the shop.

"Your birthday is day after tomorrow." She reminded herself, more than speaking of it to him.

"Yes?"

"Would you like anything special?" She asked kindly, laying her head down on his shoulder as the fabric of his brown vest idly scratched her cheek.

Leaning forward he placed a tender kiss to her head as he wrapped an arm around her waist, bringing her closer to his side.

"What more could I ask for?" He questioned, his voice soft and mellow as he closed his eyes, relishing in the smell and feel of his wife rested against him.

She sat up, looking down into his relaxed face and smiled.

"Please be serious Will, I want to get you something unique. It will be your first birthday since you and I have been married, so as your wife I am obligated."

Opening his eyes he leaned forward, placing a kiss to her neck. Moving his lips down, he pushed the fabric off of her shoulder as he nibbled her soft flesh.

Pressing him away from her she scowled.

"I do not believe this sort of activity should be taking place on our front porch in front of the inhabitants of Port Royal." She reprimanded as she lifted the dress back over her shoulder.

"Well...now you know what I wish for my birthday." He tossed her an amused look, seeing the light spark in her eyes at the mere mention. Leaning into her, he placed a warm hand onto her cheek as his lips found hers, the touch feather light and wistful, but turned quickly into passion and want. His tongue lightly teased her full lips as he captured her mouth and mind.

Sighing into his mouth, she placed her hands onto the front of his chest, pushing him away slowly.

"Seeing how today is not your birthday, keep in mind that your gift will wait until day after tomorrow." She threw him a victorious smile and stood, making her way into the house as a bemused Will Turner sat on the porch alone.

* * *

"Sir? May I ask what your business was in Tortuga?" Lieutenant Smith asked as Commodore Norrington stepped from the platform of the merchant ship onto dry land for the first time in a month.

"Never mind my business, is the ship to be commended on time?"

"Aye sir, the Lady Elizabeth will sail day after tomorrow; everything is in order."

"Good." Stalking to his office, Norrington was closely followed by a scarred and scraggly looking man. All signs indicated that he was indeed a scallywag, but proof of the Commodore making deals with pirates came in small doses.

"Your orders, Commodore?"

"I'll be paying him a visit tomorrow afternoon. Make sure you and your men have an outfit for the ceremony. I do not need to remind you of what you will lose if this plan fails?"

"Of course not sir. The gallows don't have my name on them just yet." He growled, emitting a sinister cackle as he turned and left the room, leaving Norrington to his thoughts.

Swirling the wine in his cup he smiled. Tipping the glass he drained the delicious liquor in one gulp; slamming the silver container onto his desk as he stood quickly.

"Happy birthday; my dear William Turner."


~Jean~

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jennah_Jones on May 25, 2006, 12:37:00 PM

Jennah_Jones on
Jennah_Jonesi love ths it's keeps getting better and better
Â