Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chaper 9: Means to an End

Will and Elizabeth are finally married, but they find out that things don't always go the way they planned.

Chapter 9 - Chaper 9: Means to an End

Chapter 9 - Chaper 9: Means to an End
"Will..." Elizabeth gasped as she looked into his handsome face.

Turning to look at his wife, he smiled as he reached his hand out to caress her cheek lightly.

"I'd never break my promise." He swore, turning back to the Commodore.

"I gather that you're surprised Commodore? When you left me on that island with a bullet in my shoulder, I vowed that you would pay." Pulling out his pistol, he pointed it at Norrington's head.

"You have no proof of that Turner, we were attacked by pirates. You can ask any man that was on that ship."

"By the powers you're right. Mr. Gibbs? Oh, I apologize. Mr. Biggs!"

"Aye Will?"

"Were we attacked by pirates aboard the Lady Elizabeth?"

"I reckon not sir, I was there."

Norrington's face turned red at the recognition of Mr. Gibbs, formerly known as Mr. Biggs as he turned furious eyes back to the boy in front of him. Lunging at Will's waist, he knocked the pistol from his hand as he tossed him from the stage drawing his sword. Armed guards from the sides moved to fight as Jack tossed Gibbs a sword.

The clanking of metal could be heard as the crowed backed away toward the walls of the Fort's courtyard, speechless at what had just transpired before them.

"How did you stay alive, Turner?" Norrington growled, parrying to Will's attack as he knocked the blacksmith to the ground.

"You should have died on that beach, I made sure of it." He stepped on Will's wrist, forcing him to drop his sword.

"I vowed I would kill you. And I never break a promise." Looking up at him, he kicked out with his boot, sending the Commodore to the ground as he lifted his sword once again, crashing it down to meet Norrington's blade.

Elizabeth stood speechless on the altar, unsure of what to think. Anger flowed through her as she glared down at the Commodore.

Will's shoulder began to give, his arm becoming weak. Switching to his left hand he tried his best to keep the Commodore at bay but failed as his sword was knocked from his fist; clattering to the ground.

Jack sent two guards crashing into one another as he and Gibbs kept their end of the bargain, dealing with the offhand soldiers as Will fought with Norrington.

Commodore Norrington grabbed Will by the throat, slamming his back against the wall as he glared into the blacksmith's deep eyes. Digging the blunt end of his sword into Will's wounded shoulder, he grinned sadistically at the boys cries of pain as the front of his billowing shirt turned crimson. Punching Will in the lower stomach, the Commodore sent him to his knees as he leveled his sword to his throat.

"Always second best boy. Even as a pirate."

A deafening blast filled the air as Norrington's eyes widened. Everything seemed to stop; Sparrow and Gibbs, along with the soldiers they were fighting turned to look in the Commodore's direction. Will stood up with some effort, looking quizzically at the Commodore as he peered down to the front of the tailored coat. Norrington's fingers deftly undid the buttons as he opened it, seeing a large staining of red as his face moved back up to the chocolate eyes in front of him. Turning back to the altar tears blurred his vision as Elizabeth stood facing him, Will's forgotten pistol smoking in her hand.

Falling to his knees, he sent her one last look before his eyes rolled back and he fell to the ground. The gun made a thud against the wooden planks as she dropped it, looking at the startled audience with tears streaming down her cheeks. She caught her father's own terrified eyes as she ascended the steps and walked over to her husband. Reaching a hand out she touched his face carefully, afraid that he would disappear before her like a dream.

With a small smile he cupped her face in his hands and lowered his head to hers. She flung her arms around his back as she leaned into him, tears running from her eyes onto his hands as he broke the kiss and hugged her to his chest.

"Will; good luck, mate." Jack whispered as he and Gibbs made their way from the fort and back out to the docks without a fuss. Climbing back onto the Pearl, they set sail for Tortuga.

* * *

"Happy birthday, Mr. Turner." Elizabeth smiled as she sat on the edge of the bed, setting a small, wrapped present on Will's lap.

He had been home for three days and felt like a king. Though the doctor had ordered him to bed until he became healthier, he hadn't minded as much as he first thought when his wife was willing to dote on his every beck and call.

"Elizabeth, you didn't have to get me a gift. You are my gift." He grinned, sitting up against the back board as he lifted it into his hands. Unwrapping it quickly he frowned. A tiny yellow outfit lay in his large hands as he lifted it up.

"I don't believe it will fit, love." He commented, taking her hand in his as he gave her his lopsided smile.

"Well, it's not exactly for you." She complied, taking his hand and setting it to her stomach, noticing his eyes widening as he raised his brow.

"A baby?"

She nodded lightly as she leaned over, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"How...when did..."

"I found out the day you went missing. It was going to be my gift to you for your real birthday, but I never got the chance to tell you. That's why I was willing to marry the Commodore; my father thought it would be too embarrassing to have a grandchild with no father, so he pressed me into the marriage; but in truth, I really didn't care. Without you I had given up."

"But, if I had indeed died it would have made you a widow; therefore you would have perfect cause to have the baby without being technically married."

"It doesn't matter any more Will, you're not dead, we're married, and we're going to have a baby." She smiled, climbing up onto the bed next to him as she placed her head against his chest.

"How long were you on the island, Will?"

"Five days."

"How is that even possible with no food or water?" She asked, propping herself up on her elbow as she turned on her side to face him.

His features contorted in pain as he remembered his five day stay on his own private resort.

"As the ship began to slow down, my initial thought was, 'We're going to slow down, turn around and go back'. Then I saw the islands and something was amiss. Taking into consideration that I didn't recognize half of Norrington's crew, I went to ask him what we were going. Next thing I knew everything went black and I woke up on the beach with my hands tied behind my back and his men all around me. I tried to escape but; that's when he shot me."

Pulling his shirt down a bit, he showed her the stitched wound below his shoulder, noticing her grimace.

"So I cleaned it out the best I could and bandaged it up, but it got infected. Eventually I just cut a slit across the top and let it bleed, hoping that would clean it out properly, and that's when I saw the Pearl on the horizon." He smiled as the image of Jack's rescue hung in his mind.

"I had just enough energy to make it to the beach and welcome him before I blacked out. I woke up three days later in Port Royal."

"But...but that would mean you were here for two and a half days and didn't tell me, didn't come to find me."

Will looked down as he placed his hand on her stomach once again, amazed that there was a small life inside her.

"I know, but I couldn't love. I...how can I put it?" He smiled and looked down at her as he placed a kiss to her shoulder.

"I waited for the opportune moment." He said at last, leaning forward to claim her mouth with his.

* * *

Epilogue

Will Turner paced back and forth as he waited impatiently in the living room. Governor Swann wasn't much better as he and his son in law passed one another time and time again.

"Will you stop that? You keep pacing like that and the kid'll never come out any faster." Jack Sparrow's cockney voice growled as he looked at them from underneath his hat, his feet unceremoniously resting atop the cherry wood table in the far corner.

"Excuse me for being worried." Will challenged, seeing Jack lift his hands up and pull his hat back down over his eyes.

"Mr. Sparrow is..."

"Captain; Captain Sparrow." His voice interjected again as he sat lower in his chair.

With a sigh, Governor Swann continued.

"Captain Sparrow is right. Let us have some tea, it should help us relax." He signaled to the butler and the elderly man nodded as he walked toward the kitchen.

"I can't just sit and wait!" Will growled, placing his elbows to his knees as he buried his face in his hands.

"Of the three of us, I've already experienced this before." The governor smiled at Will's nervousness.

"I was just like you when Elizabeth was born. I remember every detail of it, waiting in the living room as the nurse came down and told me it was a girl. Though I lost my wife on that night, I...I feel I gained something even more."

"That makes me feel more relaxed." Will commented, unmoving as he heard his wife's cries from upstairs, flinching at each one. Finally, silence reached his ears as he lifted his head quickly. Hearing someone coming down the steps he jumped to his feet and looked with expectant eyes as Ms. Trudy rounded the corner into the living room.

"Mr. Turner, the doctor says you can come up now." She smiled warmly as he almost knocked her over, taking the steps two at a time.

Stopping before their closed door, he hesitated as he reached for the knob.

"Well c'mon, mate, do you know how long it's been since I've seen one of those things?" Jack's voice made him jump as he chuckled a bit before opening the door slowly. The doctor walking toward the door; patting Will on the shoulder as he bade his congratulations and left.

Will warily walked over to where Elizabeth was sitting, propped up by pillows against the back board. She turned, looking over at him with a smile. Jack peeked out from behind the blacksmith and waved a bit, seeing Elizabeth nod them over.

Jack stayed back by the door as Will moved to sit next to his wife, placing a light kiss to her lips as he looked down into the child's red and scrunched face.

The pink blanket covered the new baby except for her face as she chose the perfect time to open her eyes. Large blue eyes looked up at both mother and father as she stretched. A tiny hand popped out of the folds, and Will reached out to touch it. Barely fitting the tip of his finger into her palm, the fingers tightened around one of his as the baby stilled and looked up at him with huge eyes.

"You can come in Jack." Elizabeth said quietly, her tired voice beckoning the pirate to the bedside.

"Is it supposed to look like that?" Sparrow asked as he commented on her wrinkled face, and her small tuft of dark hair.

"Look like what?" Will turned to him in an offended manner as he glared up at the pirate.

Throwing out his trademark grin, Jack took his hat off and set it on the chair next to the bed.

Will held her first as he smiled down into her angelic face, he noticed more of Elizabeth than himself in her eyes and facial structure, but she had his nose.

"Poor kid." Sparrow commented as Will glared at him playfully.

"Here." Turner offered the pirate the baby, as Jack stood up and backed away.

"You don't want to be doin' that, mate. I've never actually held one of those things."

"There's always a first for everything, Jack." Elizabeth smiled as Will lightly placed the baby in his arms. A gentle tap on the door caught their attention as Governor Swann entered the room.

"Well?"

"You have a granddaughter, father." She smiled as he peeked over the Captain's shoulder.

"Here, you take it. I feel like I'm going to break the tiny thing. Well, I'm off." Placing the child in the Governor's arms, he lifted his hat back to his head as he bowed to the room's occupants.

"You can't leave yet, you've only just arrived." Will countered, standing up to stop his friend from his departure.

"Will, take care of your family. Pirate may be in your blood, but I've never met one so willing to stay in one place, mate. Worry not, lad, I'll keep in touch. Someone has to teach the rug rat about pirates. After all, it is in her blood." He winked as he left the room, leaving the family to their own celebrating as he made his way back to the docks.

"What should we name her?" Will asked as Elizabeth placed her on her lap.

"May I suggest something?" Governor Swann interjected as they turned to look up at the proud grandfather standing next to the door.

"Of course, father."

"Emily was my wife's name, and...and I always treasured it. Though it is just a suggestion." He stated in a hushed tone as he left the new parents alone for the evening.

"It's perfect." Will smiled as he leaned over, placing a gentle kiss to the child's small, soft brow as Elizabeth ran her fingers through his hair, undoing the tie that held it back.

"I believe that she'll have hair like yours." She commented as the baby sported a single dark curl on the top of her head.

With a smile, he held both of his girls in his arms and sighed.

"She is beautiful, everything that I could have ever have wanted."

"You're not disappointed that we didn't have a boy?"

"Well, we'll just have to make another one." He grinned, leaning in to place a not so subtle kiss to her lips as she smiled, putting her head to his shoulder as Emily slept safe and sound in the presence of both parents.

The End

~Jean~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment