Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Scene Three

The one . . . the only . . . Me Myself and I movie. Starring Me, Myself, I, Johnny C., Zim, Jeremie, Spot, Sparky, Wilt, Kevin, and VT.

Chapter 3 - Scene Three

Chapter 3 - Scene Three
MMI Bending The Rules"Thisis totally random, but did you notice how they forgot to bring back Alex'scarrot obsession at the end of the Totally Spies movie? They should have donethat. Morons." ~GD
 
BendingThe Rules
ByGalaxyDancer
 
 
SCENETHREE
 
We enterScene Three with nothing but shadows on a wall that's dimly lit. We seeJohnny's shadow talking with Me's shadow.
 
Johnny(really emotional): No! No! How can you do this to me?
 
Me(dramatic): I told you, John . . . I never loved you. We were only going to befriends, but you turned it into something I didn't want to get into. I justwasn't ready for the change! You have to understand, John, you have to!
 
Johnny: Ican't handle this, Tessa. You just don't understand what I've been through. Idon't want to have to go through this again! It's too much!
 
Me: I'msorry, John . . . really, I am. But I must leave now, before I'm late for myflight. Perhaps we'll see each other again, but-
 
Johnny(suddenly dark): No. No uncertainty. . . . If I can't have you, Tessa .. .
 
Johnnypulls out a knife from behind his back.
 
Johnny: .. . then nobody can.
 
Me(frightened): Johnny, what are you doing? Put that away, before you hurtsomebody! Johnny? John?!
 
Johnnygrabs Me roughly by the wrist and holds the knife high above her. Me shrieks.
 
Johnny:Goodbye, my love. I'm sorry it had to come to this.
 
Me(crying): Johnny, stop! JOHNNY!!
 
Mescreams loudly as Johnny stabs her through the heart, pulling the knife outagain, and then she falls limp in his grasp. Johnny suddenly appears horrified,and takes a step back as he drops the knife.
 
Johnny:Oh, God . . . what have I done? Tessa . . .
 
Johnnyholds Me's limp body close to his heart as he fights back tears.
 
Johnny(almost crying): Tessa! Why did I do this to you? Why? I love you so much!Please . . . Lord, forgive me . . .
 
Johnnygently sets Me's body down and picks up the knife again, holding it out infront of himself.
 
Johnny: Ican't live without my Tessa, and I don't deserve to live becauseof what I've done. I bid thee farewell, cruel world.
 
Johnnystabs himself through the heart and drops to the floor next to Me, his armfalling over her chest as if hugging her. We now can see Johnny (not just hisshadow anymore) laying next to Me, both of them dead. Cut to a view of aclassroom, with kids in chairs (not desks) watching something at the front ofthe class with tears in their eyes. The teacher, a black woman wearing a reddress with a black silky vest, stands up from her desk and claps.
 
Teacher:Bravo, Tessa and Johnny! Bravo! That is some of the best acting I have everwitnessed from freshmen!
 
All ofthe students begin clapping. Now we see that the front of the classroom is astage (without curtains), and Johnny and Me had only been acting. They stand upand bow to the class.
 
Me: Thatwas fun, Mrs. Tillary! I had a hard time trying not to laugh!
 
Johnny: Imust admit, that was much more entertaining that I ever thought it wouldbe. I'm not used to faking murder, though, especially with a rubberknife.
 
Mrs.Tillary: Oh, but you both did so well! And the script you wrote, Tessa, soundsprofessional. And Johnny, I'm very impressed with your skills -especially for a first time actor. You play the part of John perfectly! Andnever, in my entire life, have I seen a person who could memorize the entiresecond half of a play in thirty minutes! You were born to act!
 
Johnny:Thank you, Mrs. Tillary, but I don't think acting is something I'd like to pursuea career in. I'd much rather make a living off of drawing, like I have been.
 
Mrs.Tillary: Jonathan C., don't you dare talk like that! An actor you were meant tobe, so an actor you shall be! Acting is the best way to express thesoul. Don't waste your time with silly doodling in some dark room lit by a dimfive-watt bulb. You need to express yourself. You need an audience to performfor. You need to act!
 
Johnny:That is very kind, really, but acting isn't in my interests.
 
Mrs.Tillary walks up to Johnny and puts her hand on his shoulder, then walks himback to her desk. Me steps off the stage as well, but instead of following Mrs.Tillary and Johnny, she starts talking with Nina. The rest of the class goesback to their usual gossip.
 
Mrs.Tillary: I'm serious about this, Johnny. You're incredibly gifted. Now, I don'tdo this for just anybody, so I suggest you keep this in mind and forget aboutdrawing.
 
Mrs.Tillary hands Johnny a card with a phone number on it, and a logo that says"Spotlight Search".
 
Mrs.Tillary: This is the number for Spotlight Search, a company that's alwayslooking for young, talented people like you. With your skills, you could becomefamous in a week! Can't you just image it? The next hit movie: starring JohnnyC.! By the way, what does the "C" stand for?
 
Johnny: Ireally would rather not say. It's just another part of my past I'm trying toforget. And in any case, Mrs. Tillary, however generous of you this is . . . Itold you that acting isn't something I'm interested in. I perceive acting astrying to be something you're not, and because that is the kind of thing that Idespise most, I try to avoid it as much as possible. Changing my characteristicsand bad habits is another thing, though, and I'm afraid that while still in theprocess of this, I haven't the time to even consider anything else.
 
Johnnysets the card back on Mrs. Tillary's desk.
 
Johnny: Iaccept your generosity in complimenting my skills, but I'm afraid I will haveto refuse your offer. So thank you, but no thank you. I've other things toconcentrate on.
 
Mrs.Tillary looks horrified as the bell rings and Johnny leaves the classroom,followed by the other students. Nina and Me are the last two out. As they passMrs. Tillary's desk, she jumps up and grabs Me by the shoulders.
 
Mrs.Tillary: Tessa! Talk some sense into your friend! He's a natural actor, but hejust won't accept it. Please, please ask him to reconsider. I haven'tseen talent like this since . . . well, ever! And he's the perfect part forJohn!
 
Me:David?!!
 
Mrs.Tillary: No! Johnny! David's too fat to play the part. Johnny, however, looksjust like John as described in the script! You have to get him back! I can'tlose him to some art teacher!
 
Me(lecturing): My, my, what a paradox you're in, here. Johnny is a naturalwriter, artist, (under her breath) murderer, (back to normal) and actor!He has so many different talents he must tend to, that he often doesn't realizesome of the hidden ones he has. Acting, Mrs. Tillary, is another newlydiscovered one, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to you. Johnny has spenthis entire life acting; he just doesn't know it. Everything he says is wellthought-out and planned, as if it were written in a script like the one hememorized. Everything he does, down to the very words he speaks, is in theimage of a human being with such a majority of time to think the actions outthat they come out perfectly complex and accurate every time. And because ofthis, he is not likely to change his mind about the majority of things hedecides. In conclusion, his mind is made up and he's not planning on changingit any time soon until he realizes exactly what I have told you here. One irrelevantdetail I've noticed: his tone of speaking -using such a vivid vocabulary that,if written in a book, would have to be read at least three times before thereader understands- is quite contagious.
 
Mrs.Tillary just stands there with her hands on Me's shoulders, awe-struck.
 
Nina:Woah. . . . Teach me to do that!
 
Me: Sure,why not? Bye, Mrs. Tillary!
 
Me walksaway, dislodging Mrs. Tillary's grasp on her shoulders. Mrs. Tillary stillstands there as Me and Nina leave. Her mouth is hanging open.
 
Mrs.Tillary: And I thought I was the only one who reads the dictionary . . .
 
Cut tothe hallway, after Me and Nina leave. Johnny is leaning against the wall acrossfrom Mrs. Tillary's room, waiting for them.
 
Johnny:I'm supposing she stopped you to ask you to try to change my mind. Am I right?
 
Me: Yep.C'mon, Johnny, we're going to the front office next, and making you an officialstudent. Buh-bye, Nina! See ya at lunch!
 
Nina:Bye, Waffles.
 
Ninawalks down the hallway to the left as Me leads Johnny to the right.
 
Me(randomly): It was FUN acting like I was murdered!
 
Johnny(annoyed): Trust me, you're not the only one who had fun with thatscene.
 
Cut tothe principal's office. Principal Dan is sitting at his desk with Julie Dever,the -now- school psychologist, at his side. They're talking to David.
 
PrincipalDan (trying to reason): David, you can't draw giant spiders on your arms. It'sjust . . . not right! And the safety pins clipped to your sleeves are againstthe school dress code. How many times do we have to go through this?
 
David:Hey! I've read the dress code . . . uh . . . once! And it didn't say anythingabout safety pins! OR spiders!
 
Julie: Itincluded safety pins when it said "no possible weapons". Safety pinsare classified as weapons, if they're not being used properly.
 
David:I'm using them properly: pinning up stuff!
 
PrincipalDan: Your sleeves?
 
David: Mysleeves deserve to be pinned up! They strangled my wrists! I'M USING THESETHINGS IN SELF-DEFENCE!!
 
PrincipalDan groans and puts his hand on his head, then falls over on top of his desk. Hepounds his fist on it in frustration, knocking off a book titled"Reasoning With Not Compliable Students". Julie picks up the book andholds it close to her, attempting to not lose hope.
 
Julie:David, what Principal Dan means is that some people might not findsafety pins acceptable. I know you like them, but this is the eighteenth timeyou've been sent to the principal's office for dress code violations. We'regoing to have to take drastic measures if you don't comply with the rules.
 
David(sarcastically): Yeah, you're right. Because you're a psychiatrist with adegree, your incredible speaking skills have convinced me to change my life forthe better. I'll be in the bathroom, taking out the safety pins and scrubbingmy arms.
 
Davidgets up and walks out. Julie sighs and Principal Dan sits up. Immediately afterDavid leaves, Me knocks on the open door with a big smile on her face.Principal Dan's exhausted expression changes to horror.
 
PrincipalDan (under his breath): Oh . . . as if I didn't have enough problems . . .
 
Julie:Now, sir, remember: positive attitude. It's the only way they'll learn. Ifyou're always negative, they won't be motivated to do anything.
 
PrincipalDan (acting happy): Tessa! Come on in, have a seat! Is there anything I can dofor you?
 
Me (stillin the doorway): Actually, I have a new student who needs to be enrolled. Hisname's Johnny! He's a great actor, so put him in Theater Arts II with me!
 
Me pullsJohnny into the doorway by his shirt and smiles even bigger. Johnny shakes hishead, not believing what he's going through. Principal Dan looks unhappy tohave another misfit to talk with, but Julie just puts her hand on his shoulderto encourage him. He forces a smile.
 
PrincipalDan: Of course! And Tessa, just exactly when did you take on the responsibilityof handling new students' parents?
 
Me: Threeminutes ago. Can I come in with Johnny? Please? PLEEEEASE?
 
PrincipalDan: There's really no need-
 
Julie:You're welcome any time, Tessa. Come on in. And Johnny, nice to meet you. Havea seat, and we'll get the paperwork taken care of.
 
Me and Johnnywalk in and sit down in the two chairs before Principal Dan's desk. PrincipalDan starts pulling papers out of his desk. Johnny shakes Julie's hand.
 
Johnny:This may seem strange, ma'am, but it's almost like I've met you somewhere . . .
 
Julie:Mrs. Dever. But you can call me Julie, if you like.
 
Johnny:Julie . . . I like that name. By the way, you can call me "Nny" forshort.
 
Julie: Ofcourse, Nny. This may seem strange to you, but I also feel like we'vemet . . .
 
Johnny:Perhaps we have, somewhere . . . (under his breath) I suppose I'd believe anything,after being pulled into an alternate dimension and forced to wear pink.
 
Julie:Excuse me?
 
Johnny:Nothin'.
 
PrincipalDan hands an outrageously large stack of papers to Johnny. Me laughs at Johnny'sbefunkled expression about the amount of papers.
 
PrincipalDan: Alright. Have your parents read these, and sign where necessary. Bringthem all back within a week.

Principal Dan leans over the desk, close to Johnny's ear.
 
PrincipalDan (whispering): And take my advice: stand clear of Tessa Fandler. That girl'snothing but trouble. Her personality seems to have a rotation period of threedays, and she comes to my office at least once a day. Unless you want to get onmy bad side, I suggest you go independent.
 
Johnnysighs and sets the papers next to him as Principal Dan stands up and puts hishand on Me's shoulder.
 
PrincipalDan: You can leave, now, Tessa. We'll take it from here. Thank you for yourhelp, and . . . all that. But please go. Now.
 
Me(grumbling): Meh. Waffle hater. (happy again) Bye, Johnny! I'll see you inclass! And if not in class, then at least at lunch! Unless you end up with adifferent lunchtime . . . which, in that case, I'll see you on the bus! But if youmiss the bus . . . then I'll see you at home! But what if you get lost? Erm . .. then I'll see you at the park! Wait . . . if you can't find the park, then-
 
PrincipalDan: NOW!!
 
Me racesout the door, but stops in the doorway and blows a kiss to Johnny. She goes toclass. Julie giggles under her breath at Me, and hands Johnny one more paper.
 
Johnny(reading): Student schedule. First: Theater Arts II. Second: Algebra I. Third:science. Fourth: study hall. B-Lunch. Fifth: Boys PE. Sixth: World Geography.Seventh: English I.
 
Julie:Those are your classes. I hope you don't mind being in Theater Arts II.
 
Johnnyshoves the schedule into the pocket of his jean-jacket.
 
Johnny: Isuppose not. Acting isn't really my passion, though. So . . . what happens now?
 
PrincipalDan: You can go to your second period class and show your teacher your schedule.Oh, and don't forget to have your parents sign those papers. I suggest you putthem in a safe place, so you won't lose them.
 
Johnny:My backpack's completely empty. They won't get mixed up with anything.
 
Silence.Julie and Principal Dan stare at Johnny questioningly.
 
Johnny:What? They can't possibly get lost in my . . .
 
Johnnyreaches for the backpack he thinks is slung over his shoulder, but realizes hedoesn't have one.
 
Johnny:Oh . . . oh yeah. Um . . . in that case, could you spare a grocery bag? Ormaybe a few extra-stretchy rubber bands. That would work, too.
 
Cut toAlgebra I. Me looks bored out of her mind as she stares at the chalkboard,drooling on her desk.
 
Mrs.Haskette (unenthusiastically): And so, students, that is all you need to knowabout the Pythagorean theorem. Not that any of you care. Now take out last night'shomework and hand it to the person in front of you to check it. The answers areon the chalkboard. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll work theproblem out for you. Even though you'll just forget how I did it and fail thesemester exam anyway.
 
Johnnykicks the door open. He's holding the stack of papers, which are nowrubber-banned together and come up just past his eyes. His schedule, because hehas to hold the papers with both hands, is precariously perched on top of hishead. Half of the class giggles. Johnny stumbles over to Mrs. Haskette andleans over so the schedule falls into her hands. She holds it up and looks atit with a grim expression.
 
Mrs.Haskette: New student, huh? Johnny. You can take a seat behind Brittany.
 
Johnny peeksover the papers to look at the class. Brittany and Me both stick their armshigh into the air and wave at him. Brittany is one seat across and one seatpast Me, so Johnny will be sitting directly next to Me and behind Brittany.Scowling, Johnny stumbles over to his seat and sets the papers on the floor. Hesits down and takes the Algebra book out from under the desk. (The desks havelittle places for supplies under them)
 
Mrs.Haskette: Alright, then. Does anybody have a question about homework?
 
Krystal(raising her hand): Yes. Could you work out problem two?
 
Mrs.Haskette: Whatever.
 
Mrs.Haskette begins writing steps on the board next to the homework answers. Johnnysighs from boredom and puts his elbow on the desk, resting his chin in hishand. Me stares at him with a big smile. Johnny notices them. The very firstmusic loop (those chime things) of Puffy AmiYumi's "Love So Pure"fades in from nothing and continues in a loop, starting very soft andprogressively getting louder.
 
Johnny:What?
 
Me giggles.
 
Me: We'rein class together!
 
Johnny:You'd better not distract me from my work. Just because you brought me heredoesn't mean you can ruin my grades. (To himself) There's something Idon't say every day.
 
Me(slyly): Oh, don't worry. I won't.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DarkMouseyFreak on March 29, 2006, 9:50:04 AM

DarkMouseyFreak on
DarkMouseyFreakInsane chart:

Me
Johnny / Nny

Insane Meter:

Me: 97% insane
Johnny / Nny: 96%Insane

YAY THE INSANE GROUP!!! XD XP