Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16

Kevin 11 returns from the Null Void and takes a vengeance on the Tennysons.
The story continues in the future.
Can Ben 5 000 stop him? Read, and find out the details!

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16
Chapter 16



The moment was like a slow motion for Ben...
He could examine every single detail, when they jumped in the air to confront each other. Ben made the first blow, as Fourarms. He raised all of his hands, and struck his enemy down. Kevin fell onto the floor. Fourarms landed a few feet farther. Then he heard the buzz of Stinkfly wings, before Kevin evolved from the dust. He was flying towards him. He evaded with Xlr8’s speed, but Kevin reacted that fast too. He changed direction and punched the tetramand with his Diamondhead arm. Now, Fourarms retreated, Kevin attacked with petrosapien projectiles. Fourarms protected himself with a weaker version of Brainstorm’s force field. Kevin roared and created a massive fire beam, which started smaller fires all around the place, but didn’t harm the tetramand himself. Kevin ran to him with kineceleran velocity. Fourarms hit the floor with all of his hands, causing the whole story of the skyscraper to collapse. Kevin flew up, right before the floor disappeared under his feet. Fourarms converted to Brainstorm, to levitate in the air. They stared each other down, and then Kevin accosted Ben.
- Is that the best you can do? It’s pathetic! – mocked he.
- No, that was only a warm up! – replied Brainstorm and raised his hands.
His green aura lit up everywhere on the floor, as he picked up sharp pieces of debris with his mind. Soon, he collected hundreds of pieces around him. When Kevin flew towards him, he stretched his hands, sending the debris to stop him. But Kevin destroyed all of the it with a strong fire beam. Then he punched Brainstorm on the face. The alien has fallen and disappeared in the swirling dust and smoke. Kevin floated above the hole, where he last saw Ben.
- You’re too easy. – mumbled he and burnt the lower story with a powerful curtain of fire. He also fired hundreds of projectiles and threw explosive Wildvine seeds down. Suddenly, a green energy ball whooshed right beside him. A second later, another one followed it, this time it almost struck him down. Then, Upchuck’s shape emerged from the fire, spitting three more energy balls. Kevin avoided them with kineceleran briskness; however, the last one finally hit him.
- Maybe I’m not as easy as you think! – exclaimed Upchuck and ate a bigger piece of rock.
Kevin bawled, and grabbed a huge pillar and tossed it to destroy Ben. But Upchuck released another exploding spittle which bombed the pillar apart, while it was still in the air.
- Eat this! – shouted Kevin, throwing a large fireball.
Upchuck opened his mouth and consumed it. His stomach grew and began to glow.
- What comes around goes around! – replied he and spat. Because of the extraordinary amount of energy, his spittle was more powerful than usual. The green energy beam struck Kevin on the chest and pushed him against the wide window behind him. The glass has broken into thousands of small pieces as Kevin fell out. He used his wings to stay in the air. He looked up at the smoking skyscraper. There was no sight of Ben. All of a sudden, a huge, yellow ball hit him. Both of them fell down, but Kevin kicked Cannonbolt and avoided the impact. Before he reached the ground, the omnitrix flashed and Cannonbolt changed into Heatblast. He created a carpet of fire and charged towards Kevin. Both of them shot a massive fire beam. The two beams collided, the opponents tried to outdone each other’s power, but none of them could succeed. They have reached the ground. Heatblast formed a fiery sword and rampaged to Kevin. As he was running, he raised the sword and struck down. Kevin defended the blow with his Diamondhead arm. The pyronite brandished his natural weapon and struck again. Kevin sidestepped with Xlr8’s speed. When Heatblast tried to behead him, he grabbed the sword with his pyronite arm. He tightened his palm and put out the heat of the weapon. Heatblast blinked in surprise then shot a fire beam. Kevin put his arms together in front of his body and protected himself from the flames. Heatblast fired another beam, but Kevin jumped up and flew towards him.
- Enough! – roared he and beat up the pyronite in a short combat. Heatblast lied on the ground. Kevin’s shadow towered upon him.
- I guess you were just lucky last time, Benjie! You’re a joke! It was a child’s play to defeat you, even with my weaker form! And now it’s time to finish you off, once and for all! – declared Kevin. He formed a sharp spear on his crystalline hand.
- With or without the omnitrix... You’re merely a man!!! – grinned he and raised his spear. When he struck down, a green flash blinded him for a second. A strong palm grabbed his arm and then tossed him away. Kevin fell on the ground and rolled around for a few times. He stood up and recognized Diamondhead.
- Arrogance has always been your major weakness! And you know what? I think you can’t mutate to you’re most powerful form, because I kicked your butt big time! – exclaimed the petrosapien. Kevin looked at him with blazing hatred in his eyes. Then, he attacked Ben again. Diamondhead fired projectiles, but Kevin easily destroyed them with a swing of his crystalline arm. And, he was already in front of Ben. Crystal distended to crystal as they were fighting hand to hand. Suddenly, an Upgrade/Xlr8 tentacle snaked out from Kevin’s left arm and surrounded Diamondhead. The familiar red electricity went through his body.
- Not this time! – struggled the petrosapien and changed into Grey Matter. He escaped from Kevin’s deadly squeeze.
- Come back here, you little pipsqueak! – roared Kevin and wanted to stomp the galvan. But Grey Matter stopped his foot by his bare little hands using some of the strength of Fourarms.
- What the heck?! – surprised Kevin.
- Don’t underestimate me! – smiled Grey Matter, transforming into Benwolf. He opened his mouth and howled. The sound wave tossed Kevin behind. For a few seconds, there was silence; Benwolf could not detect his enemy. Then he saw sharp projectiles flying towards him. He howled again, the crystals broke apart in the air. Unexpectedly, a massive fire beam struck him down from behind. Kevin evolved from the blurriness with Xlr8’s speed. The omnitrix flashed, as Ben reverted to himself. He looked at Kevin. He could reproduce Benwolf’s howl perfectly, even in his human form. Kevin drew back a bit.
- You’ve asked for it, creep! – hissed he and began to mutate. His amalgam body grew bigger, and became different. His right hand changed into a fiery tentacle, and then all the other tentacles grew out from his back functioning as his legs. His left wing changed into a grey bat-like wing and one of his right vulpimancer hand changed into a petrosapien arm. Finally, His two other heads emerged, each of them were more horrifying than the other was.
- Now you will experience my pure, devastating fury!!! – roared the three head together.
His fiery tentacle struck down, but Ben escaped from it with Xlr8’s velocity, then he turned into Fourarms again.
He raised his hands and hit two of Kevin’s heads. But his body resisted, he didn’t fall down, because his strong tentacles on his back held him. He roared and counterattacked. He used Heatblast’s fireballs, Diamondhead’s projectiles, Benwolf’s howl, the strength of Fourarms, Ghostfreak’s energy beam, Wildvine’s flexibility and explosive seeds, Buzzshock’s electricity, Xlr8’s speed, Wildmutt’s heat vision and his athletic skills and Stinkfly’s goo and his power of flight at the same time. As this deadly attack rained at him, Ben didn’t know what to do, which alien he should turn into. It was already too late to think it over. First, the sound wave struck him, then the projectiles, then the fireballs, after that, the energy beam and the electricity, eventually, the goo. It took only a few seconds to weaken the tetramand. Fourarms couldn’t see anything, he quickly ripped the slimy goo apart, but Kevin jumped onto the wall of a building, then onto another one, then into the air. He flew towards Ben with Xlr8’s velocity and instantly began to punch him wherever he could. Fourarms didn’t stand a chance against Kevin’s vehement, devastating attack. Before, he was merely playing with Ben, but now he proved that he had perfectly mastered his abilities. He tried to bite the tetramand’s head off several times, but somehow Fourarms escaped from his huge jaws.
Ben could barely protect himself; he was in a lack of focus and strategy. He was too busy defending Kevin’s powerful blows. He tried to combine his alien’s skills, but he wasn’t as professional as his opponent. Therefore, he could only stay alive, there was no hope for him to counterattack and steal the initiation from Kevin. He never made a mistake and he never repeated any of his moves, each attack of his was different from the previous one. The intense battle soon drained Ben’s power; he could not concentrate hard enough to switch between his aliens. The thought of escape came into his mind many times, but he found that a cowardly way, he continued the scrimmage; however, he knew he cannot win. How could he possibly match the power of hundreds of aliens at the same time, when he’s only able to mix two, or maximum of three? Maybe he should have listened to Tetrax and Lantara... They knew the outcome of this battle exactly. At least, Gwen will be okay... Hopefully...
Ben had to admit, that Kevin has already absorbed too many alien DNA to be stopped only by him. It’s hopeless, even with the omnitrix. His anger was still powerful, but his body was not. Unlike his mind, his body was exhausted after the long hours of cruel fighting.
Eventually, he lied on the ground, smashed and defeated, without any hope of survival. He lost the mind control over the omnitrix, and with a red flash, he became himself again. Kevin reverted to his original shape as well.
- I want to look into your eyes and see the spark of your life burning out! But I want to see it with my own eyes! – explained Kevin calmly.
- That’s... very... original... – gasped Ben.
- Any other last words? – asked Kevin with a devilish grin. A sword like crystal grew out from his palms.
Ben gazed into the nothingness for a few seconds. Then he answered.
- It’s not... a big deal that... you’ve defeated me...
- What?
- You heard it right!... It was a... child’s play for you indeed... I was... very outnumbered. I could have done it... any time if millions of aliens... and lovers like Charmcaster would have been... on my side... Not to mention your... abilities... - said Ben.
- Haha! Well, since you’re gonna die it’s just a matter of time, let me share a little secret with you...
He bent down to his knees to let Ben hear his words clearly. Then, he continued.
- I was just using everyone! Everyone!!! After I released the aliens from the Null Void, I manipulated them to help me. After I had defeated the government’s forces, some allies like Vilgax and Charmcaster have joined me. But I used them as well, to do what I say anytime, without asking questions. I even played with Charmcaster. For a sorceress, she was so naive and convincible. She has become my right hand, my most powerful ally and my lover in one person, but I’ve only pretended my feelings. She means nothing to me. Oh, I really enjoyed playing with her though. I’ve made everything and everyone to obey my word! You should know me better by now... All that matters for me is I! I only care for myself! But let me tell you another thing. None of these games was as pleasurable as the moment when I killed your grandfather and saw your face! Muhahahaha!
- You! – hissed Ben and tried to stand up, but Kevin stepped on his chest, forcing him to the ground. He raised his crystalline sword.
– Now, it’s time to say goodbye forever...partner! – grinned Kevin evilly.
A moment later, Ben recognized something behind Kevin’s back. He began to laugh. Kevin looked at him suspiciously, and hesitated, but when he followed Ben’s eye and turned around, he understood the reason of his laughter. For the first time, since he has entitled himself as Ruler of The World, he had made a mistake...

She stood nearby Kevin’s back. She could hear every single word. At first, she wanted to join him, but when she heard what they were talking about, she decided to remain silent. Kevin was too busy with Ben; he was unaware of her presence at all. When he turned around, he surprised of what he saw.
- Charmcaster?! – exclaimed Kevin.
Her clothes were full of holes, her body was full of scars and her hair all messed up, but she was alive... Her face became more and more distorted as she struggled with her feelings. Her teardrops washed a clean path into her dirty cheek.
- How could you do this to me?! – shouted she. Kevin left Ben on the ground and walked to her.
- We’ll discuss this later, when I see fit! First, I have an unfinished business with Tennyson! – said Kevin with a cold voice.
- No! You won’t be giving orders to me no more! You’ll tell me what was all this, or suffer the consequences!!!
- You’re blackmailing me, Charmcaster? – Kevin asked back with a menacing tone of voice.
- Answer me! Is it all true what you have just said?!
- No... – began Kevin.
- Lies! All lies!!! – roared Charmcaster. A purple energy blast came out of her palms and unexpectedly hit Kevin. He fell down. Charmcaster approached him menacingly.
- I want to hear the truth! No! I demand to hear it!!! – exclaimed she.
- I warn you, I’m losing my patience! – replied Kevin when he stood up.
- What is the truth?! – Charmcaster questioned him again. She threw an explosive egg in front of Kevin. He fell off again and lost his mind.
- You wanna hear the truth, ha? You wanna hear it so bad? I’ll tell you!!! – gasped he and began to mutate. Soon, he fully converted to his three-headed form and towered upon Charmcaster.
- The truth is: I’ve been using you! Moreover, I’ve played with you all the time! I’ve never loved you, muhhahahaha! Yeah, that’s the truth! You’re happy now? I bet you are! Now, get out of my sight! – yelled Kevin and struck down with his fiery tentacle, but Charmcaster quickly sidestepped from it.
- This is what I deserve, after I’ve done everything for you?! Everything!!! – shouted she.
She threw two explosive eggs at Kevin. Both of them exploded on his body, but didn’t hurt him, just let a huge amount of smoke in the air. This was just merely distracting, Charmcaster knew, the small explosives won’t damage Kevin at all. She has just prepared for her most complex spell ever. She floated above the smoke, where Kevin could see her.
- Brace yourself for my revenge!!! – yelled she and glanced at her opened spell book once more. Then, she mumbled a complicated spell. For a few seconds, nothing happened. Kevin laughed mockingly, he thought, her magic has failed. But, soon, Charmcaster began to transform. First, her skin went darker and darker, then her muscles began to grow larger, and her fingers changed into big claws. After that, her head elongated and her eyes became like a crocodile’s. Finally, a purple aura snaked around her body and a moment later, the metamorphosis was complete. Charmcaster have transformed into a huge and muscular, black female dragon with purple contours. She looked at Kevin with contempt and hatred. She roared, then massive curtain of fire came out of her mouth, but Kevin twirled his fiery tentacle, and put the flames out. Charmcaster jumped up, and attacked from the air. She used her tail as a flail and tried to strike Kevin. But Kevin grabbed her tail and tossed her away. She turned around in the air and then she spat pure acid at him, but to no avail, his body resisted. He fired bigger projectiles at her but they were useless. Seeing this, Kevin flew up and confronted Charmcaster in the air.
All of her magic was concentrated into this form. Most of Kevin’s alien skills were useless against her. But Kevin soon found a way to defeat her. He flew above her and distracted her with a wave of fire beams, projectiles and explosive seeds. Meanwhile, his tentacles coiled around Charmcaster’s body and slowly captured her... The squeeze of the flourana tentacles became thicker and thicker. The sorceress couldn’t free herself. She couldn’t fight anymore. The tentacles were strangling her. She fell down, struggling for her life. Kevin didn’t say a word, but his three heads were smiling devilishly as he tightened the squeeze with every second. Suddenly, a purple creek appeared on Charmcaster’s dragon body. Soon many creeks followed it. With a purple flash, Charmcaster reverted to her original form. She fainted.

When Kevin left him alone, Ben lived with the chance and slowly crawled away from the battlefield. He looked back and saw the fight between Kevin and Charmcaster. Ironically, she saved Ben’s life, with her appearance.
Ben found a safe spot behind a building; he pressed his back against the wall. He was exhausted, wounded and helpless. At least he had some time to work out a strategy. Which alien should he summon? Who can match Kevin’s superior power? His most trusted ones, Fourarms, Cannonbolt and Diamondhead have failed... what should he do?
He looked at the omnitrix. It was red. He surprised. Since he had obtained the master control, this has happened to him only once. Ben remembered clearly. He and Lantara have visited a strange planet. But the inhabitants were much more weirder. He got the DNA by an accident... The omnitrix went yellow, then the ring popped up and a weird looking icon appeared on the green screen. Ben wanted to immediately try the new form, but Lantara didn’t allowed him.
You’re not ready for it, Ben. Trust me.” She said.
But when can I use it?” asked Ben. He was only eleven... He knew nothing about the omnitrix and the universe.
You’ll know.” replied Lntara shortly. Soon, they have traveled to a new galaxy and Ben forgot the alien. About a year later, he experienced new skills during a fight. He felt like he was Xlr8, but he was Eye Guy. Suddenly, the omnitrix transformed him back to himself, without any warning. By that time, he had the master code and he didn’t understand. He shared the experience with Lantara.
Do you remember that strange alien form, which I didn’t let you use?” asked she.
Ben said yes. Then, Lantara explained to him, that this specie’s power is to copy and amalgamate other alien’s powers. Since the omnitrix contains hundreds of alien DNA in its database, Ben is able to use all of their powers together, at the same time, even if he’s just Ben himself and if he’s well trained... This might have been the first time he used mixed powers and it must have interrupted the mind contact with the omnitrix somehow. She also told him, that it requires a lot of practice and takes a very long time to master this skill. After that, Ben knowingly used his new abilities. The first was Xlr8’s speed, but as the time passed by, he discovered more and more familiar, even so new skills. Heatblast’s fireballs, Brainstorm’s telekinesis, Diamondhead’s projectiles, Benwolf’s howl... He could adapt them as a human as well. He also figured it out, that if he’s in a specific alien form, that form’s powers are dominant, and the other abilities are inferior. Lantara said it shouldn’t be like that, maybe later, he’ll be able to use all of the skills together. Ben understood and hoped he’ll be up to the challenge. He named the alien form Powersource, although he had never went him during the years...

A huge, purple flash dragged Ben out of the remembrance, back to the present. Lantara’s words echoed in his mind.
“You’ll know.”

At that moment, Ben started to feel confident, and determined. He knew what to do. This recognition opened his eyes and filled his body with renewed strength. The omnitrix turned green, Ben knew the time has come. He stepped out just in time. He heard Kevin’s words as he was strangling Charmcaster with his tentacles.
- You should have never rebelled against me, Charmcaster! Now you will pay dearly for that! – hissed he.
- Leave her alone! – said Ben. His voice was commanding. Kevin surprised.
- You still feel heroic?! So be it! – He tossed Charmcaster away and first walked, then began to run towards Ben.
- Now, you’re gonna get yours, Benjie! Aaaaarrrggghhhh! – roared he as he raised his hands to smash his opponent.
Ben just smiled. He thought of the transformation... and with a green flash, he transformed to Powersource for the first time. (This alien is a visomorph. Its main material is gauzy and bluish white. It has small, blue tentacles all over its body. It has two hands, but no legs; it’s floating in the air, like Ghostfreak. Physically, it’s very weak, but this specie has the most potent ability of all. It can copy, amalgamate, adapt and reproduce any other specie’s powers and abilities at will. They need physical contact to obtain powers from other species. They cannot use each other’s powers; they have to find their own power sources.)
Kevin stopped in front of Powersource.
- What is this? A jellyfish? What could it do? Tickle me to death? Muhahahaha! – mocked he.
- You’ll see, what this jellyfish is capable of! – said Powersource and raised his gauzy hands. He touched Kevin’s chest. Suddenly, Kevin felt strange. He recognized that Ben’s alien is changing. Its skin went red and one of his hands started to look like a pyronite’s. Upgrade’s green plasma stripes lit up on his back and his whole body grew bigger. Kevin didn’t know what was going on, but he sensed something wasn’t right. He grabbed Powersource’s head and tossed him away. As he flew back, two Stinkfly wings, two legs and an Xlr8 tail grew out.
Powersource didn’t fell down, he turned around in the air and flew towards Kevin. He raised his hand, and right before he struck, it became Heatblast’s. He punched Kevin on the face. He drew back. Powersource’s right arm changed into Diamondhead’s and two Wildmutt hand popped out from his body. The transformation was complete. The visomorph successfully absorbed a part of Kevin’s energy, which was enough to temporary become a full-grown amalgam of the original ten omnitrix-aliens. Kevin looked at him in fear.
- It’s not possible! You’re like... me... No! You can’t be like me! – stuttered he and attacked like a maniac. Ben stopped him with the combination of Stinkfly goo and fireballs. Kevin retreated, but he was not defeated yet. Powersource marched towards him and raised his fists, but suddenly he reverted to his original form. The energy was gone. Seeing this, Kevin’s confidence came back. He laughed and flew up striking down with his fiery tentacle. Powersource grabbed it and sucked up more energy from him. His right arm immediately changed into a long, whip-like tentacle. He counterattacked, hitting Kevin’s face, who fell off.
Ben was not capable of all of his abilities yet, however, he quickly figured out, that after absorbing energy, the transformation is not necessary. He could banish his own fiery tentacle with a thought, but he still felt its energy inside of him. Powersource slowly floated above his enemy’s three-headed body.
- I need more! – exclaimed he and grabbed two of Kevin’s thick necks. He felt the new energy filling his veins, while Kevin grew weaker and weaker. He realized that as well. His muscular tetramand hand suddenly struck Powersource, interrupting the physical contact. Kevin stood up rubbing the place on his necks, where the visomorph had touched him. He recognized Ben and walked towards him.
Meanwhile, Ben lived through the enlightenment he had waited for years. He discovered, something have changed inside of him. He was still Powersource, but he felt all of his alien’s presence in his body. He felt all of their strength in his arms, he could see with all of their eyes at the same time. He united with his aliens. He has become invincible. When Kevin shot hundreds of projectiles at him, he blinked and thought of Brainstorm’s force field. It was already around him, when he opened his eyes again. Then he made an energy blast, which tossed Kevin back. The green energy dome has disappeared, as Powersource floated up. The watch flashed, and he went Fourarms.
- I don’t know what was this all about... but I know one thing: you made me real mad this time, Benjie! You’re going down! – shouted Kevin. He was standing in front of Fourarms.
- Really?! Let’s see about that, shall we?! – replied the tetramand and concentrated. His face distorted, as he began to mutate. His body grew even bigger and extremely muscular. One of his hands became Diamondhead’s, one became Heatblast’s, one changed into Frankenfreak’s, one of them was like the Mummy’s. He grew a Brainstorm/Xlr8 tail and two Stinkfly wings. His chest opened and Ghostfreak/Upgrade tentacles coiled out from it. Cannonbolt’s yellow armor emerged on his back. Two of his eyes merged into a bigger Grey Matter eye and he had Wildmutt gills on his neck. Ben looked horrific.
- Let’s get it all! – hissed he.
Kevin surprised, but he didn’t have the time to think it over, Ben ran to him with Xlr8’s speed and punched him on the face. Then he shot a fire beam, but Kevin put it out with his fiery tentacle. Ben jumped up and fired projectiles that have become sharp, crystal balls in the air, falling upon his opponent’s heads. Kevin smashed them with his tetramand arm and with his Xlr8/Upgrade tentacle. With Grey Matter’s smart, Ben could analyze and foresee the outcomes of his offensives. He grabbed the flaming skull head of Kevin with his Frankenfreak arm. A second later, the green electricity went through Kevin’s body. When the heads were at the height of his chest, the Ghostfreak/Upgrade tentacles captured them. Among them, Kevin saw a green semidarkness, right before the energy beam struck the face of his left head. But his middle head howled and the purple sound waves pushed Ben backwards. When he got back to the premises, Kevin wasn’t there anymore. Ben sharpened all of his senses to locate him in time.
Kevin wanted to attack from behind his back. Fortunately, Ben’s Wildmutt gills opened on his neck and warned him. When his enemy jumped down from a top of a building, Ben was ready. Suddenly, all of Eye Guy’s eyes opened all over his amalgam body. Three of them united and fired a green laser, which struck Kevin down. The Mummy’s bandages surrounded his body, and then he felt Frankenfreak’s electricity again. He ripped the bandage apart and counterattacked furiously. Despite Kevin’s effort, Ben remained unharmed. He patiently sidestepped with Xlr8’s speed, or changed his protoplamsa like Ghostfreak, or he used Brainstorm’s telekinetic skills very often to avoid his blows. Hours passed by like this, at the end, Kevin was exhausted. Ben had enough as well. He figured out a deadly combination of attacks, that will stop his enemy once and for all. After he had punched him on the chest, Kevin rampaged towards him for the last time.
Firstly, Ben used the Mummy’s bandages once more. Then his Frankenfreak arm changed into Spiderweb’s. He fired a white mass, and trapped Kevin’s lover body in a cocoon, but his arms and his tentacles were still free. Ben destroyed his fragile lepidopterran wing with Diamondhead projectiles. Kevin roared in pain. The crystals were followed by an enormous amount of Spitter’s slime and Stinkfly’s goo. The Heatblast fireballs were next. The explosion tossed Kevin backwards. Ben ran after him with Xlr8’s speed and released a few Upchuck spittle and Buzzshock’s electric balls. A Ghostfreak energy beam, and Eye Guy laser and an Upgrade plasma beam, struck Kevin’s three heads. He was helpless against Ben’s perfect moves. The final blow was devastating. Ben rapidly clapped all of his different hands, like Shockwave. This was the end for Kevin. It was more, than a mere shockwave, it was much more destructive. The shockwave itself was blazing, because of Heatblast’s powers and it was strengthened by Brainstorm’s green, telekinetic aura. It also involved Benwolf’s howl and Upgrade’s plasma beam. All this power was concentrated into this final strike. The shockwave picked Kevin up and tossed him away. But it did not stop, it destroyed everything that was in its way; buildings, trees, aliens.... Everything.
Kevin’s amalgam body slowly peeled off his human flesh. The shockwave wiped out a whole district of the former city. Ben stood there, in the middle of destruction and looked around. Then he looked at his different hands.
- Unbelievable... – He whispered to himself.
Suddenly, he comprehended the presence of Kevin’s mind. He could easily locate his position. He ran there with Xlr8’s velocity. He found his enemy lying on the ground. He was no longer an amalgam of creatures, only his human body remained. He was full of scars and bleeding wounds. Ben towered upon him. None of them spoke. Both knew what’s going to be next. Ben’s petrosapien arm elongated and formed a spear.
- For Grandpa! – said Ben quietly and raised his crystalline weapon. Before he struck down, he heard a familiar voice.
- Ben! No! – yelled Lantara.
Ben turned around.
- Lantara?
A second later, Tetrax and Gwen showed up. When he noticed Gwen, he felt relief. He thought of her many times during the battle and it disturbed him that he doesn’t know if she’s all right or not.
- Ben, is that really you? – asked Gwen.
- Yes.
- What have he done to you? You look like...him. – said Gwen, pointing at the helpless body of Kevin.
- Long story. I’ll tell you later. I must finish this! – formed a spear on his Diamondhead arm again.
- Wait! You can’t do this! – exclaimed Gwen and Lantara together. Tetrax remained silent, he knew Ben has to make a warrior’s decision.
- Sure I can! – replied Ben and raised his spear once more.
- No, you don’t understand... – Lantara began.
- Oh, yes I do! He killed Grandpa, then killed the Earth. Now, I’m gonna kill him! – hissed Ben.
- If you do it, you’re going to regret every day in your life! – said the ectonurite.
- I’ll take my chances! – answered Ben.
- If you do it, you’re not better than him at all! – cried Gwen.
- He killed Grandpa! – shouted Ben and picked Kevin up. His muscular pyronite hand surrounded Kevin’s upper body. Ben pointed at his head with the crystalline spear.
- I know! But you don’t have to do this! – yelled Gwen.
- You know... I was wrong... you are like me... – stuttered Kevin on a raspy voice.
- Don’t listen to him! You’re not like him at all! You’re a hero, not a murderer! – said Lantara.
- Go ahead! Do it... – grinned Kevin weakly.
- Ben, don’t! – cried the females together.
- You’re too scared to do it! Come on you big chicken! Do it! – roared Kevin.
Tetrax stepped forward.
- Listen for a second! Everyone knows what he has done with your grandfather and everyone knows what you’ve been going through. Although we’re trying to convince you, it’s pointless. It only depends on you! You have to make a decision now, and face its consequences. – explained the petrosapien.
- It only depends on you! – repeated Tetrax.
Ben’s face distorted as he was struggling with his emotions. He tightened the squeeze on Kevin’s neck. His teardrops rolled down on his amalgam face. He dumped Kevin down. Everyone thought it was over, but suddenly, Ben roared loudly and struck down with his crystal spear. He was kneeling over his enemy’s body.
The sharp crystal on Ben’s Diamondhead arm impacted in the ground right beside Kevin’s head. Ben was gasping. All of his combined features disappeared; he was the original Fourarms again. With a green flash, he became himself.
He stood up and looked at Kevin.
- I’m not like you. I can forgive. Even if it takes a long time. – said he and walked to his friends.
- You’ve done the right thing. I’m very proud of you. – blest him Lantara and suddenly kissed him on the cheek.
Ben made a weird expression, because of the surprise.
- Your decision was good. You managed to ignore your feelings and think sanely. – said Tetrax.
Gwen hugged him.
- Let’s go home! – She suggested.
Lantara’s capsule slowly floated down from a building’s roof. They all walked to it, only Ben remained behind.
- What’s the matter? – asked Gwen.
- Nothing.
- Aren’t you coming?
- Not yet.
- Why?
Ben replied quietly.
- I have one more thing to do...

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Devon11 on September 18, 2008, 7:58:07 AM

Devon11 on
Devon11can u try drawing a pic of Ben in al of the alien forms I can't quite get it was it how Kevin looked when he was 11 or is it different

Gee on September 19, 2008, 3:59:32 AM

Gee on
GeeI don't know if you have seen those episodes, from the 2nd season after Kevin absorbed the omnitrix's energy and eventually could not handle it, and he became an amalgam of the original 10 omnitrix alien. That means he had Fourarm's torso, Stinkfly's wings, Diamondhead's right arm, Heatblast's lft arm, Xlr8's tail, his back is like Upgrade and he has Grey Matter's right eye... oh and has two Wildmutt arms as well... and that glowing thingy of Ripjaws... I did not modified that one, but I'll draw a pic of Kevin's alien form, that's much different, like he has three heads...

cactar on January 3, 2008, 6:39:15 AM

cactar on
cactarthe names of the aliens are Benviktor and Benmummy i think but wat ever you want.

Gee on January 3, 2008, 11:43:05 PM

Gee on
GeeYes, I know, but only the cartoon's creators named those aliens, Ben himself didn't, so I changed their names, to fit in more...;D

cactar on January 5, 2008, 3:29:40 AM

cactar on
cactaroh,I see.

ginathehedgehog on January 1, 2008, 12:00:11 PM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogAwesome chapter Gee! The fight was so intense! I can't wait to see what Ben has to do next ^^

Gee on January 1, 2008, 1:36:17 PM

Gee on
GeeYou will.;D I'm planning to write one or maximum two more chapters, but they will be shorter ones.;D

ginathehedgehog on January 1, 2008, 1:38:51 PM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogAwesome! Can't wait to read them! =D