Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Chapter 17

Kevin 11 returns from the Null Void and takes a vengeance on the Tennysons.
The story continues in the future.
Can Ben 5 000 stop him? Read, and find out the details!

Chapter 17 - Chapter 17

Chapter 17 - Chapter 17
Chapter 17



Charmcaster came to. For a few seconds, she did not know where she was. Then, she remembered the battle with Kevin. She still couldn’t understand his behavior. How many years she has spent with him? How many terrible things she has done, just because Kevin told her to? She always tried to satisfy him in every way. She was in love with him.
She loved him.
And all that for nothing? He’s been using her. In his eyes, Charmcaster was nothing than a tool.
She still wanted to believe it’s merely a nightmare and she’ll wake up. But when she looked around the place, she knew it’s all true. These thoughts were circling in her mind, as she lied on the ground, in the middle of destruction.
All of a sudden, she saw a hand in front of her. She grabbed it. The hand helped her stand up. Only then she recognized it was Ben Tennyson. He came from nowhere.
- What are you doing here? – asked Charmcaster.
- I just...
- You want to fight?
- No. I just wanted to thank you. – said Ben.
- What? – surprised she.
- Everything you’ve done.
- I’ve done it for myself, not to save you. – declared Charmcaster coldly.
- It doesn’t matter. I still thank you. I felt I owe you with that. – explained Ben.
- Well, you’re welcome! But don’t get used to it! – replied the sorceress seriously. After a few embarrassing seconds, she made a weak smile. Ben smiled back at her.
- Maybe we aren’t so different after all. – said he.
- Get real! We’re just the opposites of each other. You’ve always been too good and heroic for me, but... maybe. – answered Charmcaster.
They looked into each other’s eye for a second.
- I guess that’s all I wanted to say. – Ben hesitated.
- After we have saved each other’s life, we’re equal. – assured him Charmcaster.
- I’ll be seeing you... Nah... That sounds stupid... – stuttered Ben.
- Yes, it does.
- How do enemies say farewell? - asked Ben.
- How about a simple “bye”? – Questioned back Charmcaster.
- Well... Bye then. – smiled Ben.
- Bye! – replied Charmcaster.
Ben suddenly stormed out with Xlr8’s speed, leaving the sorceress alone. Charmcaster stood there for a couple of minutes and thought over what just happened. Then she hit the road as well...

Ben returned to his friends.
- Everything okay? – asked Gwen.
- Yes. Everything at all. – sighed Ben looking at them.
- Let’s go home! – suggested Tetrax.
- No wait! Look! – said Ben pointing up to the sky.
- Beautiful! – exclaimed Lantara as she recognized the breathtaking sunset above the ocean. They all stood there, at the end of everything and watched the sun slowly sinking into the sea.
Suddenly, they heard a familiar sound. Then, a squad of European planes whooshed above their heads, searching a place to land. They waved to them. Soon, more and more planes evolved from the orange clouds.
- It seems you still have life on this planet, Kevin didn’t consume it all. – said Tetrax, breaking the silence.
They watched the sunset and the landing planes and Ben felt he has to say:
- I think this is just another beginning of a new era...

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Devon11 on September 18, 2008, 8:00:22 AM

Devon11 on
Devon11AAAAW KEWT!!!!!! (CUTE)

ginathehedgehog on January 4, 2008, 12:57:23 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogAwww, that was a cute chapter ^^