Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Of privacy and nosy humans

About the rather ordinary working days of Section 9. Chapter one: If anyone ever found out about this, Batou wouldn’t live to see the end of it.

Chapter 2 - Of privacy and nosy humans

Chapter 2 - Of privacy and nosy humans
Well…after a long wait, finally the next chapter of ‘Interactions’.
And thanks to all the people who read the story and of course to all the reviewers!

_____________


Chapter two

Of privacy and nosy humans



Today was one of the really slow days in the normally busy life of Section 9. No terrorists to arrest, no hacker to track down, no dangerous situations, not even an eminent treat.

And since worse had come to worse, Ishikawa didn’t even have a smoke left. Letting out a frustrated sigh, but too lazy to actually do anything about it – or the long cold coffee, for that matter.
“Well, great! Wasn’t life a dog again?” the bearded man thought as he decided to catch up an the latest news – discussion about the policy regulating the number of allowed immigrations, some minister having an affair with some woman or another, raising of taxes and a flood somewhere in Europe – and other stuff – namely checking out porn sites.
Nothing too unusual, beside the fact that Ishikawa himself couldn’t really fight off the smile or more like stupid grin, that threatened to spread out across his face. Again.

He just couldn’t help it. Whenever he thought about his lover, who was waiting back at his apartment, he just wanted to do really, really stupid ’I-am-so-in-love-things’. Fortunately he managed to somehow quench the urge as well as the stupid grin…and just in time, because someone was coming down the corridor towards him.
And honestly, the last thing he wanted, was to be found daydreaming about his current crush. And even more importantly, he did not – under no circumstances – want the whole section to know about his private life.

Not that it was much of a secret to anyone, since a certain former detective was not only too nosy for his own good, but also quite the gossiper. And giving of this air of helplessness and innocence, even the quietest people became very talkative around him.

But Ishikawa wasn’t that stupid. At least not anymore. He had made that mistake once. Mentioning having a date to Borma – the guy hardly talked, at all – once, and even before the end of the day every single person in the whole damn building – Tachikomas included- had not only known but also readily discussed the fact.
Thanks to Togusa’s loose mouth.

The foul thoughts accompanying the memory, however, were forgotten as soon as the oldest member of Section 9 realized that the intruder – who actually turned out to be Borma – had brought along two boxes of pizza. Setting one down in front of Ishikawa, before speaking.

“Figured you could use one too”, the tall cyborg said, “Anything new?”

“Nope, everything’s just fine”, was the reply. And in his mind, Ishikawa pondered that, maybe, today wasn’t that bad after all.


That was, until the next sentence was out of the red-eyed cyborg’s mouth. “So I heard you and Saito are dating?”

And Ishikawa nearly choked on his slice of pizza.

___________


Well, what do you think??
At the beginning I didn’t want to name this lover of Ishikawa, but someone asked my for a IshikawaxSaito piece a looooong time ago. So this had to be. And I kinda like the couple too ^^

Hope you liked it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment