Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Of changes and constancy

About the rather ordinary working days of Section 9. Chapter one: If anyone ever found out about this, Batou wouldn’t live to see the end of it.

Chapter 4 - Of changes and constancy

Chapter 4 - Of changes and constancy
Since the last one wasn't that long I decided to upload another chapter. Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter four

Of changes and constancy




Piep…piep…piep…

It is a steady rhythm.

And Batou hates it. Hates it with all his heart, yet the thing he fears more than anything is change. Because the most likely thing to happen – most likely as in a chance of 87.43 exactly – would mean the end. Steady peeping noise fading out into one long, shrill sound…and then nothing.

So he keeps sitting vigil at the bed. In a too quiet hospital room, waiting while time ticks by. Not daring to hope, but fearing all the same.

Because the thing about change is that it is a two-sided coin.

Because change can come as something positive…

“Wake up! Please wake up…!”

But it may as well be the most horrible thing that could be.

“Don't leave me! Please don't leave me, too.”



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops…I think it turned out even shorter than the last.

Anyway...since there is not given any name in the text, you can choose who you want it to be. But I guess since most of Section 9 do not need medical attetion in the classic sense of the word...

And as to who Batou is referring. I think you can guess that.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment