Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Zenith

A Somewhat Short Story, Originally Written back in June 2019 as one of my Earlier Alien-Type Works.

'Aliens: Revenge' takes place Three and a Half Years after the Supposed Demise of a Rare King Xenomorph.

The Story Primarily sees things from the Weyland-Yutani perspective, as they set out to see what may have become of their old Adversary.

And most importantly, to find out if he is Truly gone.

Chapter 2 - The Zenith

Chapter 2 - The Zenith
The FTL descended into the harsh grips of the Northern Arctic.


Near whiteout conditions brought on by Snow and wind speeds ranging between 55-75 MPH is likely to complicate research efforts on the surface.

Soon landing in a bank of snow, the FTL powered down its engines.

..

“Okay, since the Arctic Region is going to be rough, we will be wearing EV suits, even though the Atmospheric compositions are similar to that of Earth.. It is best if we don’t take any chances.” Weyland said.
“There will be Five of us going out there: Me, and four science volunteers.” He said after.
“And Franklin? If we aren’t back by 1830 Hours/6:30 PM, come looking for us, Please.” Weyland told Franklin Yutani.
“Yes Sir.”

——

The Cargobay door of the ship opened.

With Temperatures reaching Sixty-Five degrees below Zero, the Away Team would be glad they wore the suits.
Anyone caught without the right protection could suffer hypothermia or even freeze to death within a certain amount of time.

“Okay, let’s go.” Weyland said as the team embarked on their mission.

Out into the miserable conditions they go.
The Science team equipped themselves with special equipment for the mission.

..


Forty-Five minutes and a mile or two later..


“Sir, The residual heat signature is right around the corner.” One of the Scientists said as they approached the area.
“What do you think we’ll find, Mister Weyland?” Doctor Stanton Asked.
“That’s the big question, isn’t it?” He asked.


And upon turning the corner..

“Oh.. my.. god..” One other Scientist said with astonishment.
They had found one half of the ‘Zenith’, perched up against a rock and covered by feet of snow.
“There it is.” Weyland said, and about a couple miles beyond that, they could make out the other half of the ship laid slanted against the ground.
“Wow, same ship?” Doctor Stanton Asked.
“It is, this section appears to be the tail end.” Weyland said as the scanning continued.



Soon, the team investigated the tail end of the ‘Zenith’.


“The residual heat signature appears to be coming from the Engineering.” Doctor Halls said.
“It’s gotta be the auxiliary power supply, those things do put out a little heat.” Doctor Stanton said.


..


The team broke into the tail section through the area that had been blown away during the self destruct process.

“This certainly offers protection from the elements.” Doctor Patterson said.


While looking, the team found a decomposing corpse hanging from the ceiling.
“Oh (Blank).” Doctor Stanton said.
“Failure to Escape the detonation process?” Doctor Halls wondered.
“No, killed by Specimen Ninety-Four prior.” Weyland said.
“Man, what a way to go..” Doctor Patterson said.


Then they found the room Weyland stayed in.

“This is where I was before the attack happened.” He said.
They saw the blood stains on the floor and door.
“Boy.. to feel the blind fury and strength of that creature..” Doctor Stanton said with a grimace.



“The heat signature is coming from down here.”

That’s when they made their way to engineering.


..


Upon entering, what they found would confirm their previous suspicions.

“Just as I thought, its the Auxiliary power supply.. it’s still giving off a power output.” Doctor Halls said.
“Must have been activated following the detonations, as soon as main power would have failed.” Doctor Stanton said.
Then the found the dead body of an engineer, looking to have been bitten in the neck before a chunk of flesh had been torn away from the area.
“Oh, my word..” Doctor Patterson grimaced.
“Another Victim of Ninety-Four’s Attack.” Weyland said.
“That creature must have killed everyone on this ship, single handedly.” Doctor Halls said.
“I had come to the same conclusion as soon as I found out people had been killed.” Weyland told them.
“It was definitely no accident.” Doctor Cameron, the fourth Doctor, said.

..

Half an hour goes by, before the Scientists concluded the investigation of the tail end of the ship.

“Well, We’ve solved the mystery of the heat signature, but what might we find in the front end?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment