Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - An Uneasiness

A Somewhat Short Story, Originally Written back in June 2019 as one of my Earlier Alien-Type Works.

'Aliens: Revenge' takes place Three and a Half Years after the Supposed Demise of a Rare King Xenomorph.

The Story Primarily sees things from the Weyland-Yutani perspective, as they set out to see what may have become of their old Adversary.

And most importantly, to find out if he is Truly gone.

Chapter 4 - An Uneasiness

Chapter 4 - An Uneasiness
While there was still sunlight out, Weyland decided to bring some marines, just in case something happened when they go searching for the whereabouts of Specimen Ninety-Four.


If the Xenomorph was Dead or Alive, Weyland wanted to be the person to find out, one way or another.

It had already been determined that the creature must have landed somewhere in the Northern hemisphere of the planet.
So continuing the search in the Arctic region seemed like it was an easy call to make.

..

1830 Hours/06:30 PM.

The newly expanded group set back out on their mission.
Additional equipment had been brought along to help determine the potential whereabouts of Specimen Ninety-Four.


As the group progressed, they had gone about three miles in a path that would be adjacent to where the Zenith shipwreck was found, to the west.

But as they made progress, they were getting to a point where they felt.. uneasy.. a foreboding sense, as though they were being watched.

“Anything so far?” Weyland asked the group.
“Nothing yet, Sir!” Doctor Patterson, who had stayed part of the group, said back.
“Come on, where are you?” Weyland whispered.
There was something deep inside Weyland that was telling him ‘something feels wrong’.
He knew his old adversary had to be somewhere on the planet, it was just a matter of figuring out where.

..


It wasn’t until the Arctic conditions really took a nasty turn that the group decided to take shelter underneath a large, icy crevice along the side of a cliff.


Before they knew it: wind speeds pushing 110 MPH, combined with heavier, thicker snow really created a whiteout, with Visibility only about Thirty-Five feet, but that was it.


“Wow.. this planet has taken a whole new meaning to the word: ‘Scary’.” Doctor Halls said, shaking a little.
“Seems our plans have changed for now, we will be staying here until conditions improve.” Which might very well mean turning the mission into an overnight stay.

——

2300 Hours/11:00 PM..

With enough communications signal, Weyland had alerted the FTL Ship that they would be out overnight due to the conditions.


The group had been comfortably settled in under the cliff crevice, listening as the winds howled like the moan of a Ghostly Woman.
With thick snow flying by.


“Man, this planet is something else.” One of The joining Marines said.
“It almost makes LV-426 seem forgiving.” Another Marine said with a laugh.


Doctor Halls had a perfect view of the outside from where she laid.
She was watching the conditions for any possible Lifeform Activity, when.. she felt strange..
A worrying feeling like something was Wrong, not with herself, but with the location and the conditions.

In the distance: through the thick, flying snow and strong winds, she would swear she saw something moving for a minute.
But with the snowflakes as thick as they were, along with the occasional snow drifts, it wouldn’t be hard to mistaken the current Arctic conditions for something that might be alive.

Just to make sure she wasn’t going crazy, she grabbed a Thermal Imaging Camera.
The Camera would allow her to pick up on Heat Signatures if anything living out here was giving off any heat.


With the Thermal Imaging Camera on, she scanned the area in front of her with the Camera.
And after about Ten Minutes of scanning with the Camera, it didn’t appear that something living was out there at the moment.
Powering down the Camera, she gave a heavy sigh.
“Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me..” Doctor Halls whispered, uneasily.



“Alright, Fellas, a new day tomorrow, another chance to close the case on the Mystery of Specimen Ninety-Four.” Weyland told the group.
“I suggest we get some sleep."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment