Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Potentials

A Somewhat Short Story, Originally Written back in June 2019 as one of my Earlier Alien-Type Works.

'Aliens: Revenge' takes place Three and a Half Years after the Supposed Demise of a Rare King Xenomorph.

The Story Primarily sees things from the Weyland-Yutani perspective, as they set out to see what may have become of their old Adversary.

And most importantly, to find out if he is Truly gone.

Chapter 5 - Potentials

Chapter 5 - Potentials
16th of May - 0830 Hours/08:30 AM

—————————————————————

With a new day, and the group managing to survive the night, the conditions had improved.
That said, the group was back on foot and off to resume the Mission.

..

The group wound up traveling another Nine Miles.
During the expedition, it seemed nothing had changed since yesterday, other than the snow being slightly deeper.
Like Yesterday, there had not been any strange sightings or readings..
Until they reach a rather sizable clearing.

“Wait..” Doctor Patterson said, Suddenly.
“I’m reading a body of water just ahead.” He said.
“A body of Water?” Weyland questioned.
As they look in the direction of the supposed body of water, all they saw was snow.
“Are you sure about that, Doctor?” Weyland asked him.
“That’s What my readings are saying, in fact: it appears to be about Eight miles wide by 105 feet deep.” Doctor Patterson said.
“Might be worth checking out.”


As the group drew closer to where the supposed body of water was located. Something new appeared on Doctor Patterson’s readings.
“Whoa, okay, we’ve got another reading.” Doctor Patterson said.
“What is it, Doctor?” Weyland asked him.
“I-I don’t know.. I’m reading a large.. mass of some sort.” He said with a little uneasiness.
“Mass? How large?” Weyland asked him.
The readings seemed to be conflicting, so it was hard to get an accurate reading on the strange thing he was picking up on.
“U-Unknown, Sir.. but whatever it is, it looks big.”

With little information available on whatever seemed to be appearing on the readings, there was only one thing they could do.

“We’ve got check that out.”

..

The group went out onto the area where the supposed body of water was.
As soon as they did, they wound up confirming that they were indeed standing on top of a possible lake, but it had been frozen over with a thick layer of ice and a blanket of snow.

“The reading appears to be in this direction.” Doctor Patterson said, leading them in the right direction.

Once they reached the point of where the reading was originating, at least from their current perspective, there didn’t seem to be anything visibly there.
“Where Is It, Doctor?” Weyland asked him.
Doctor Patterson looked Down to his feet.
“It must be right below us, under the ice.”


With Curiosity, Doctor Patterson wiped the snow away until a sizable spot of ice was uncovered.
Taking a Flashlight, he shines it against ice, the light of the sun and flashlight penetrating the ice.
The area of the frozen lake was deep, but it wasn’t the deepest point, maybe around half of the deepest recorded depth.

There was still considerable darkness in the lake, but as he moved the light around, that’s when he saw something.
“Wait.. what is that?” He wondered.
When he looked around a corner, he could in fact see some sort of large, black mass.
But due to the darkness of the frozen lake, it was hard to identify what he was seeing.


“Yeah, there’s something down there, about.. Fifty feet down.” Doctor Patterson reported.
“We’ll have to arrange an excavation, mark this point on GPS."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment