Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Big Discovery

A Somewhat Short Story, Originally Written back in June 2019 as one of my Earlier Alien-Type Works.

'Aliens: Revenge' takes place Three and a Half Years after the Supposed Demise of a Rare King Xenomorph.

The Story Primarily sees things from the Weyland-Yutani perspective, as they set out to see what may have become of their old Adversary.

And most importantly, to find out if he is Truly gone.

Chapter 6 - The Big Discovery

Chapter 6 - The Big Discovery
18th of May - 0730 Hours/07:30 AM

————————————————————

With Two Days passing and an Excavation Mission fully planned, Weyland and Friends were back out to the Area Marked by GPS.

Given that the group would have to excavate at least Fifty Feet of Ice, it was deemed necessary to bring heavy equipment and vehicles.
However, given the chance there will be a Fifty Foot Tall block of ice, a Dropship has been included in the equation.

..

“Alright, this is where we’ve located a strange black mass about fifty feet down.” Doctor Patterson said, marking the place to excavate with Paint.
“This is where you will want to excavate, okay?” He made sure the excavation team understands the plan.
“Have at it!” Doctor Patterson yelled, signaling the start of the Excavation.

That’s when the team took two high powered lasers and began to, essentially, slice away at the ice.

“Think we’re in for a surprise, Mister Weyland?” Doctor Stanton Asked him.
“Depends on your definition of ‘surprise’.” Weyland said to him.

——

As time goes on, the lasers did their work, practically cutting away at the ice.


And it wasn’t until 1730 hours/05:30 PM, when the sun was going down, that they had reached the bottom and powered down the lasers.

The next step was retrieving the new block of ice from the frozen lake.
And that’s where the Dropship and about Two Hundred Feet Powerful steel composed ropes came into play.

Once In the Air, The Dropship would have the rope secured to its underbelly.
When the rope has been secured in the right places, the order would be given to descend, adjust the rope to hook the block of ice and start the process of removing it.


“Alright, bring it down!” Doctor Patterson called to the Dropship Pilot.
Gently, the rope came down, and was shaped to fit the ice block.
“Now bring it down till you are hovering just above the ice!” He told the pilot next.

Slowly, the Dropship descended till it nearly touched the Ice.
“Perfect, right there!” Doctor Patterson said as he and Doctor Halls Adjusted the rope.
They adjusted it until they knew they had the block of Ice hooked.
“Alright, bring her up, slowly!” He told the pilot next.
While the operation was underway, Weyland watched with uncertain expectations as the Dropship began to ascend.

The rope snagged the ice block and began sliding it out.

The whole group stood back as the ice block made its way out.
“Easy.. Easy..” Doctor Patterson whispered.


Once they had pulled the ice block out, What they saw next was something they were not prepared for..

“It’s Him..” Doctor Patterson whispered with great shock.

Within the block of ice, there it was, the same thing that had brought Weyland and Company all this way.

“Specimen Ninety-Four..” Weyland whispered with Surprise.

The Large, Terrifying Xenomorph had been found trapped under the Ice, possibly for the last Three and a half years.
He was found in a curled up, slightly defensive position, perhaps a reflex formation.

“I can’t believe we actually found him.” Doctor Stanton said with equal surprise.
“Alright, let’s take it to the FTL!” Weyland said as the group was soon to return to the Ship.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment