Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Stuck in Traffic

A Short, Abandoned Story that i had written back in 2015 for 'Back to the Future Day', Which took place on October 21st, 2015.

--

November has Arrived, and with it, certain Anniversaries are Celebrated.
How do Doc and Marty Celebrate such an Anniversary?

Time Travel.

Chapter 1 - Stuck in Traffic

Chapter 1 - Stuck in Traffic
Monday, November 4th, 1985 - 7:21 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Cab of a Black 1985 Toyota Pickup, Martin (Marty) McFly sighed heavily, the 17 year old time traveler was fed up towards the state of traffic.

"I Promised Dad i wouldn't be late... thanks a lot traffic" He muttered to himself, not to mention the Thundershowers that added to the Gloomy, Miserable Evening Drive.

"Oh dad, i hope you can understand why I'm later than i should be.." The other reason for the traffic was a bit of a road block, but people were moving slowly.

He looked over and could see his Rival Douglas "Needles" two cars ahead of him, rocking out to tunes with his buddies.

"And how could YOU be having a good time during THIS?" Marty wondered.

Slowly but surely, cars went by, and then Marty was able to see Needles and his gang pull away, finally leaving the pack of crowded vehicles.

Then Marty's New Mobile phone Rang.
"Hello?" He asked the other person on the line.

"Marty, it's Dad, I'm afraid I'm going to be a little late... Traffic out here is horrible!" Marty had a slight chuckle at this.
"Wait.. are you out here too?" Marty asked, looking out his back window.

"I believe so, and don't worry, i know you were trying to get home in time.. we can both explain why we were late for McFly Family Movie Night." Marty laughed again, at least he had a little back-up on this one.

"Oh, Also, Doc called me, he wanted to see you as soon as we get home." This struck Marty as Odd.

'Doc? What's he doing back from 1885?' last time he heard, he was with Clara back in the old west.

"Uh, okay, i'll see you later." Marty replied to George, hanging up, and right on time, Traffic started to move a little faster, and eventually, letting Marty Go.

"About Damn Time!" He exclaimed with Relief

The Blockage in question was nearly clear but was clear enough to let more cars go by.

"Thank god that's over.."

--

Of course when Marty and George got back to the house, there stood a worried Lorraine.

"There you two are, i was worried sick!" She said to them as she hugged them.

"Sorry, Hon, but Marty and i can both confirm that we were in some Bad Traffic, it was a mess.." George explained.

"I'm not surprised, the weather is really gloomy, plus, being the end of a school day, it's no wonder it was bad." Not to mention the Blockage.

"Uh, Mom, i know we've been planning this Movie night for a while, but according to dad, Doc needed me for something.. would it be okay if i went to find out what it was?" Marty asked her, and was met with a long, heavy sigh.

"Well, Just as well, VCR is acting up anyways, so i guess you could, don't stay out too long though, we both know the weather is really gloomy right now." Marty nodded in reply, then headed back out...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment