Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Honor To An Athlete

For the one who inspires me . . .

Chapter 1 - Honor To An Athlete

Chapter 1 - Honor To An Athlete
My Favorite Female Athlete

        My favorite female athlete became interested in sports when she was 6 years old. She wanted to play tee-ball, but at that time, girls were not allowed to play tee-ball. She finally got to play sports when she was in junior high school.
                                                        
        She had a lot of natural ability, but she practiced a lot , too.
It was fun for her to practice.

        At North Davidson High School, she played forward in basketball, ran the hurdles in track, and played 1st base and left field in softball.

        She excelled in basketball, and she won several awards:
        All Time Lead Scorer & Rebounder
        All Davidson County
        Most Points Scored in a Game
        Most Points Scored in a Season.

        Her favorite Trophy was for scoring over 1000 points in Basketball.

        She earned a Basketball Scholarship to Peace College, which is a private all-girl school. While in college, she also tried Volleyball. Her first year of college, she was awarded ``Rookie of the Year'' in volleyball. A rookie is someone that is new to something.

        When asked how playing sports helped her, she says that it taught her to take direction, never quit, to get along with others, and cope with adversity. Sports boosted her self- esteem and her confidence. It gave her a competitive spirit, and taught her good work ethic. It also taught her the importance of staying healthy even when you get older.

        My favorite female athlete is now 43 yrs old. She plays basketball on a regular basis with 5 men the same age she is.
She also runs 5 miles a day.

        She says that sports may not be for everyone, but give it a try, and you will find something that you are really good at.

        Oh, my favorite female athlete's name is Lu Ann Gentry, and she is my aunt.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Arkenstone55 on October 28, 2005, 1:57:35 PM

Arkenstone55 on
Arkenstone55Wow, you're aunt's extremely ambitious... wow.. o.o you did her achievements justice!!