Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - School Woes

A Fallen Angel finds himself lonely and learns the hardships and cruelty and joys of love.

((If you've any questions, concerns, or ideas, please, feel free to comment them.))

Chapter 2 - School Woes

Chapter 2 - School Woes
Preparations had to be made, Verwirrter knew he could not just steal this little child away in the night, no, he was far smarter than that. Perhaps, I will find a way to see more of her, yes, I will find a way to see her in her normal life, but how…. He thought long and hard for an hour or so, thinking while he watched the peaceful child sleeping in her bed. She’s a teenager- oh! Of course, her educations, the girl goes to a school, I’ve always wanted to be school-aged, horrible times when I was that age, but the body was amazing then. It was clear dear Schwarz became lost in his thoughts as he pondered his lifestyle as a teenaged Angel, before he fell.

Already, he looked towards the mirror, looking into cold gray eyes before smiling. Yes, Schwarz looked to be about fifty, in truth, he was far older, but his human appearance suggested something else. Already, the wrinkles on his mortal-looking face smoothed over, his wings shrunk into his back safely tucked away, his gray hair turned darker and darker until it was a nice inked black, and he lost a bit of his paleness. Yes, Schwarz now looked like a typical teenage boy, sans short hair, Schwarz felt his long locks in a fond sort of way. He would never trade his long hair for anything, why would he? Schwarz all too loved the way it flapped behind him when he flew, long, streaming, like a banner of silver light streaming behind him in majesty. Down to his back, it was long, straight, shimmering, and, in all sense of the word, lovely. A teenager, fit to attend high school, I’ll check in as a visitor and follow the girl around.

***

Once morning came, Harra awoke to the screeching sound of her alarm. She could not even begin to describe how much she loathed the thing. A lover of beautiful music and serene sounds, the last thing Harra should like to awake to was a crude-sounding alarm clock. However, she had nothing better to wake to, nothing else for that matter, and quickly turned it off, rubbing her eyes furiously.

I don’t want to complain, not at all, not at all, but I have to say I detest mornings- at least mornings at school!
I don’t want to be there, not at all, not at all, not at all, but I have to, I must.
Oh yes I must.
” Harra always sang, it was constant, and I mean constant. She did far too much of it for her own good, ever since she was seven she sang, whatever she could. Although, out of it came a very lovely voice, fairly well-trained from the lessons she took.

It didn’t take long for her to get ready in the morning, Harra didn’t bother with her hair, it was the same mess every day, nothing special, just tie it back, brush her teeth, apply deodorant, get dressed, nothing special. Harra didn’t want to be late, that was all, with a wave and a call of “I’m off to school,” to her parents, Harra set out of the door, already lugging her backpack along to find her way back to the schoolyard.

There was nothing special on the road there, the usual stillness she so enjoyed. However, the schoolyard was filled with typical high school madness, she saw people standing around talking to one-another. Harra already bent her head down, she didn’t have many friends in her school, and whoever she was friends with had people they’d rather be with compared to her. She scanned the place, everything seemed right, everything seemed- except this boy. Harra’s school wasn’t overly large, it was actually a fairly small school, most people knew each other, Harra knew the person was out of place the moment she saw him.

Brown eyes remained focused on the man, he seemed to be a year or so older than her, then again, you could never tell with boys. He was talking to one of the administration, questioning something, she could tell by his hand motions and body position. It wasn’t long before she caught him looking at her, before turning back to the official, who approached her at once.

“Harra, can you do me a favor?” She nodded, not saying a word. “Good, we’d like you to show around a potential student of ours, let him go with you to classes.” Harra gave another nod hearing her instructions. “I can do that….” Murmured she, looking to the new student, brown eyes meeting gray. “I’m Harra Arial, and you, sir?” A hand held out, small hands, small cold hands.

“Victor, just Victor, it’s a pleasure to meet you, dear Harra.” He enveloped her hand in his own, very warm hands, at least compared to Harra’s they were warm.

Already, she could feel herself being very nervous around Victor. Pulling her hand away from his, she turned towards the door and walked in, holding it for him. “Perhaps, Victor, you would like to see the classes.” Murmured she, quickly going through the hallways as fast as she could without sprinting.

***

Verwirrter Schwarz felt his head almost spinning. Harra, Hah-rah Air-ee-ul, I think I understand how Romeo felt, when he heard Juliets name. But this child’s name, is far sweeter than Juliet. Throughout the day he followed her, under the guise of the quiet Victor. Yes, to dear Schwarz, this was perfect, he would get to see everything he wanted to.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ronnie343 on May 9, 2008, 11:29:53 AM

ronnie343 on
ronnie343Very enjoyable.