Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Receiving the Nine Lives

A new version of the famed and loved
Warriors' and 'Warriors-The new Prophecy' by Erin Hunter. Please enjoy!

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Receiving the Nine Lives

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Receiving the Nine Lives


Allegiances

ThunderClan
:

Leader: Downystar: a handsome black-and-white tom

Deputy: Eagleheart: a ginger warrior with black paws, and a strong and sturdy young cat who lives up to his name

Crimsonpaw- Eagleheart's apprentice; a deep orange tom

Medicine Cat: Embersnout-a once-handsome, old but experienced ginger tom

Bladepaw- a young golden tom

Warriors:

Gorsepelt- young black tom; sturdy and thickset

Bloodclaw- A wise young warrior. Short ginger fur goes to legs; paws are deep roan.

Gloryheart- A pretty roan she-cat, white paws.

Tenorvoice- A large and sturdy white tom with equally white eyes.

Glasseyes-A small and adventurous she-cat; black and brown

Manglepelt-a gray and blue mottled furred she-cat; her body is permanently cracked to one side

Queens:

Crippledjaw-a white, strained she-cat whose back has a cripple, only Crippledjaw also suffers from a permanently dislocated jaw.

Elders-

Leader:
Ragingstar-rusty coloured tom with a sixth claw on each paw

Deputy: Boldstripe- A she-cat on the edge of retirement to the Elders; completely black pelt with one white, splotchy stripe going down her back

Danglepaw-Boldstripe's apprentice; a large gray pelted tom

Medicine Cat: Taintedheart-a tortoiseshell she-cat with a large scar across her belly. Long scars go from her temple to shoulders

Warriors-

Soilear-a pale nutmeg coloured she-cat with twin tabby ears

Frisklegs- a black cat with white ears and white on the tail

Redpaw-Friskleg's apprentice; a small, bright roan tom with yellow paws

Smallear- a ginger, tom with long dangerous claws. Enormous paws on sturdy legs. Tiny eyes, hence the name

Pouncepelt- a sleek, brown tom with large hind legs

Whitefoot- a black senior warrior tom with completely white paws

Scringeclaw-a large tom with gnarled claws and a twisted leg

Apprentices:

Redpaw-a small, bright roan tom with yellow paws

Danglepaw-a large gray pelted tom

Queens:

Daisypelt-a beautiful she-cat with strong and muscular paws, nursing three kits

Elders:

Drowzytail-a black tom with a tail that seems broken

Gracelegs-a ginger she-cat with long, elegant legs, white face

Frownface-a white she-cat with blue eyes, she is deaf

WindClan-

Leader: Azurestar- a shiny, blue-gray pelted tomcat, with black ears

Deputy: Tiptail- a gaunt, black tom with part of his tail missing

Medicine Cat: Fuzzpelt- a golden she-cat

Warriors:

Ripclaw- a large tortoiseshell tom

Cattail- wise and young she-cat tortoiseshell with a dark brown colour on the end of her tail

Crowdance-a large, sleek, shiny black tom whose fur glows like a crow's

Queens:

Gonetail- the eldest and only nursery Queen, with only a stump for a tail, nursing two kits

Elders:

Threelegs-a tortoiseshell she-cat with only three legs

RiverClan-

Leader: Flashstar-a sleek white she-cat

Deputy: Wildpelt-a wise and generous tom cat whose name is the opposite of his calmness

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:

Redspeck- a roan tom

Foresttail- a young orange tom

Queens:

Rabbitleaf- a quick-witted, old golden furred cat, forest green eyes

Elders:

Loners/kittypets:

Madclaw: an insane black lone cat

Scruffy- a young black and white kittypet

Rogues- a large band of rogue cats



Chapter 10: Receiving the Nine Lives



The dreams that Downypelt expected never came, only complete blackness and a pit of nervousness and anxiety in Downypelt's stomach. Finally, he opened his eyes, ready to close them again, before he saw the tunnel and Great Rock; he was in Fourtrees. He sat up, bewilderment clouding over his features before he realized he was in his dream. Suddenly, a great beam of light caused him to look up to the great many cats that were soaring down from spiraling stars. They circled the tunnel like a big `O', white and ghostly lights glittering in each and every cat's pelt. One voice, really the voices of many, called, “Welcome Downypelt. You have come to receive your nine lives. Be aware that they come not easy.”

“I know…” he managed to squeak in fear. “Do not be afraid. Step forth, Downypelt.” The voices rang out loud and clear. He stood, looking around apprehensively. Finally, one cat stepped forward. His black and white tortoiseshell fur looked similar to Downypelt's, only the age showed in the now bright eyes of his mentor, Ringpelt. The old warrior smiled reverently at him, and he meowed, “With this life I give you truth. Use it well to redeem yourself in troublesome situations.” The pain that seared through him set his short, tortoiseshell fur on end, burning like fire through the life that he drank in.

Without another word, Ringpelt turned away, leaving his old apprentice yowling, “Wait! I want the truth from you! Wha-“ but another cat stepped up, stalking towards him like a cougar. He recognized it as Stifftail, a wise but headstrong warrior who had lost his life to the venomous claws of Ebonfur and his rogues. Once he reached Downypelt, he spoke, “With this life I give you loyalty. Use it well to separate the good from evil, and share it with those you want to trust. “As he waited for the next bit of pain to wash through him, he nearly yowled out in surprise as he felt the hunger for power get downed by the loyalty of his clan. Stifftail flicked his tail, turning away.

Next came the honourable Mottledfur, the blue and gray she-cat who had also lost her life to Ebonfur's treachery. “With this life I give you strength and speed. Use this to outrun your enemies and to overthrow the evils in this forest.” A ferocious fire scorched his body, and he felt as though he were going to fall asleep. ”And Downypelt,” she started, the smiling in her twinkling eyes fading, “Your last life may cause a shock…”

Just as he was about to ask why, the next, a queen stepped up. He noticed it as Threetoe, who had died giving birth to her kits. Neither the kits nor had she lived. “With this life, I give you love, Downypelt. Use it to defend the loved ones of your clan, along with ThunderClan itself. Protect who you wish wisely, Downypelt.” A warm, caring intensity entered his body, cooling the flames from the last lives. He was about to ask her about where the kits went when he saw them step out of the crowd. One of them stepped up, and he had to bend down for the kit to touch his head.

“With this life I give you honour. Treat all well and believe in StarClan with all of your might-we will be here to help you.”

No pain nor soft feelings swept through him, just the pride and dignity of a wild tom, protecting his clan at the cost of every life he had. Only three more to go… he thought.

As the second kit, a golden she-cat, strutted vigorously up, he tried not to laugh. “With this life I give you tireless energy,” she squeaked, her voice wavering, “May StarClan run with you at all times.”

The swift and cool wind that blew past him made him feel as though he were riding the wind.

The next cat neared- it was Fallingstar, of WindClan. “With this life I give you sense. Always use it before your heart. Thank you for revealing what no other cat could.” The brown tom smiled and walked away as a blast whipped in and out of Downypelt, stealing his breath. Next he saw a cat he did not know. It was like StarClan itself, not visible under the white blanket of shimmering light. It spoke with many voices, but it was not the last life. “With this life I give you justice. Undo those with evils. Protect the weak and serve your decisions well.” A pain bolted through him for a moment, then sudden happiness and light-headedness.

As the next cat strolled feebly up, he noticed Twostar. “NO!!! How?” he cried…






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment