Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

So you wish to continue the quests of the clans? Then read the sequel to The Second Prophecy!

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
Warriors Of The Second Prophecy:

A New Darkness

Prologue As the cool breeze sifted through the fallen leaf loam that lay upon the ground at Fourtrees, deep in the Gathering hollow sat a large crowd of starlight covered cats. Several stood on Great Rock, the honoured few. Upon that rock stood two clashing white leaders, a white and black leader, a chocolate brown leader, two blue and gray cats and a rusty coloured tom with a sixth claw on each paw. So it has come to this, then, a calm, silky smooth baritone cooed. Most eyes turned to Fallingstar, who stood rigid upon the stone. His chocolate brown frame lifted as he added with a glance around, All the cats that stand here now know that my death was not due to this Eternal Leafbare. But my grandson, Claytoe, must endure this suffering as does the rest of WindClan.

With an outraged hiss, the black and white she-cat snarled with a haughty air, Do not speak of WindClans hardships as though we had nothing better to do then sympathize them, Fallingstar. ThunderClans prey is running low, and are still trying to rebuild after the treachery they had faced.

With a snarl, the chocolate brown leader retorted, scrunching his face in a sneer, I never spoke a word that WindClan were the only suffering! I pitied my former clan! And though ThunderClans source of prey is scarce, at least they have shelter. WindClan live on- but he was quickly cut off by an outraged spit from the two white leaders, Wildstar and Flashstar.

The tom spoke first; standing so all could see him, Fallingstar and the disputing she-cat upon Great Roc, while the others stood back a touch to allow room. Stop your relentless and hopeless disputing, Twostar and Fallingstar. Do not deny it; all the clans are in mortal danger. For six moons blizzards have ranged far and wide throughout their territories. He bad news is that it seems to get worse each sunhigh. I fear that there will be a greenleaf nevermore.

Total silence reigned after his striking speech, and he backed away, seating himself at the base of the rock where those not currently speaking were. Flashstar nodded her approval and agreement, as did several others nearby.

Sighing, the two leaders that stood at the front of the rock let the dispute crumble to dust for a moment before Twostar continued, Wildstar is correct. Something is going wrong in our forest. Something terrible. I fear that the only solution is to seek shelter in a separate place for a while, then return when it has subsided.

Finally, one of the blue and gray cats stepped forth, standing on the left side of the brown leader, imbetween Twostar and Fallingstar. I say, he began, sniffing airily as though he owned the entire forest around them, that we simply wait it out. Twostars condemnation would send us to our deaths. To make an example- where would we go? How do we hunt in places unknown? Where would the boundaries be? Would the kits survive? With a silent but submissive nod, Twostar allowed her idea to disintegrate into nothingness.

And, the blue and gray leader continued, gazing around ruefully as though the cats before him were nothing to his power, I say that if the four former leaders of each clan sent a message to them about something or another that may be to their advantage, the forest will be saved. Quite proud of himself, he stepped back, but not to the base. He was still there to jump for the speakers spot for a confrontation should there be any.

With a jerk of their heads, many of the cats below nodded agreement or began to murmur amongst themselves. As the consent came from the gathering of cats, Fallingstar stepped up and meowed, Then so it is finished. Four leaders of the four clans shall go and tell one cat of their choice about a message or prophecy-though we must find just what it could clue to be. Search our hardest. While we think, this is who shall go: Twostar for ThunderClan, Flashstar for RiverClan, as she had led longer, he looked to Wildstar for any reaction, and it was only a dip of his head in acceptance. Ragingstar for ShadowClan, and my- he was cut off as the blue and gray tom leapt forth, yowling, And myself for WindClan. Azurestar. With a hiss of rage, Fallingstar shoved him back and growled threateningly, I led for three entire turns of all four seasons. Do not speak for yourself when your predecessor had been around longer than you. Look at Wildstar nothing but sheer acceptance. You-a kits actions.

Turning away, he did not care about the glare that the emerald eyes gave to him, but he noticed with a flick of his ears that he had leapt off Great Rock and stalked stiffly away from the conference until he made it to the heavens. Nodding curtly, he added, And myself, Fallingstar, for WindClan.

Tilting his head to the skies, he yowled, Now we must figure out just what message to send for their notice. Let you all begone; the leaders need talk of their new responsibility.

In the blink of an eye, all the starlit cats were gone. Nodding consequentially, Fallingstar sat in the small circle formed by the four chosen leaders as they conferred their choices ad the words to speak.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Spottedfur on December 8, 2006, 11:52:22 AM

Spottedfur on
SpottedfurWow! I love this, very deitaled, and I love the plot, you have a way with warriors! love it. Great job :> And thanx for letting me know.

Spottedfur:>