Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - its all of the story so...ya

this i had to write for English class. i know I'm posting it a little after Halloween but any way moving on i actually was asking my self what was gonna happen next as i was writing it! it is a total or 11 pages long typed. so hope u enjoy!!

Chapter 1 - its all of the story so...ya

Chapter 1 - its all of the story so...ya
Haunted Story


Tonight is Halloween, a fun night for everyone. Except for last year. Last year my friends and I went to house 52 on Cherry Lane. This is the supposed haunted house in Reed town. So we decided to check it out. Its a vivid memory that I could never forget.
We were all in school waiting for the bell to ring that allowed us to get out of the school. Ned and I were in Art class watching the seconds slowly tick by. Zara and bob were doing the same in their math class. The bell rang startling everyone in the room, and echoing through the deserted hallways. Ned sprang from his chair and bolted out the door. I was right behind him, keeping his pace exactly, until we stopped at Zara and Bobs math class.
We waited until they came out. Zara flew out of the door way with a huge grin on her face. She ran up to me and screamed, Im passing math! Zara was never really good at math so this was good news. We all walked down the now empty hallway engaging in our own conversations. Zara was telling me about her day and Bob was talking to Ned about football.
Soon we were all outside .We all stood there for a moment in silence. Admiring the change of fall all around us. When suddenly Zara screamed, Its candy time! I looked down at my watch. It wasnt even past two thirty or dark out for that matter. We all decided to go back to my house, which was right across the street. We were going to make plans for later.
My house a quaint little blue house with gray shutters and a stone walk leading up to the porch. The front yard was littered with leaves of all different colors. When we got inside, my mom greeted us as her normal peppy self.
Hello guys making your annual Halloween plans? she asked as she was pinning my sister lizzys costume.
You guessed it Mrs. Fray said Ned.
Oh then be sure not to disturb you guys then. She said muffled because she had pins in her mouth.
I was the first one upstairs just to make sure that my room wasnt too big of a mess. When I opened my door my room was completely trashed. I slammed the door in Neds face.
Um give me a second. I said while kicking cloths under my bed.
When I opened the door Zara was laughing along with Bob. I couldnt quite figure out why they were laughing. When I turned to ask Ned why they were laughing, I saw that he was holding his nose.
Did I hit you? I shuddered not knowing whether to laugh or be concerned. When he looked up at me and started to laugh I knew that he was okay. I also started to laugh until I heard a blood-curdling scream for down stairs.
Literary falling down the stairs I scrambled to the living room .I ran in followed by my friends. Gasping for air I ask what was wrong. My mother turned at the sound of us coming down the stairs. She started to laugh when she saw us trying to catch our breath.
Wow, you guys are fast! she exclaimed trying to hold back her laughter.
What is wrong? I asked again
Oh, she said while turning around I accidentally poked your sister with a pin. She finished.
I looked at my sister, who was crying and holding her finger. It had a tiny spot of blood on it, nothing life threatening. My friends and I looked up at each other and started to laugh. Soon we all headed back upstairs.
When we got to my room, Zara gave me a competitive glare. We both took off fighting for the fuzzy chair in the corner of my room, While Ned and Bob planted themselves on the floor. I ended up getting the fuzzy chair, and Zara went and flung her self on to my bed making a mess of the sheets in the process. I glared at her then I started to laugh. Soon we stopped and I asked Ned to grab the white board of the back of my door.
Alright I said, taking a quick breath,  does anyone have an idea for what we should do?
Candy! shouted Zara, causing Bob to fall backward and hit his head on the floor
Owwwww, he groaned while trying to sit back up.
Ned was trying to suppress his laughter but couldnt. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes he was laughing so hard.
Okay then, I said,  Candy is on the list and thing else. I asked.
Ned was the first to speak up this time.
We should go around and scare little children!
Im all for it but I dont think our parent would agree if we got caught. I said with a little tone of disappointment in my voice.
Just then my brother Steve burst into the room carrying something behind his back.
Can I borrow your car? he asked
His was broken and was in for repair.
No! I shouted, causing him to jerk away a little.
Please he persisted, pulling a bag of candy out from behind his back, and it was my favorite kinds. Unfortunately he knew my weakness, candy. I grabbed the candy and threw the keys at him.
Thanks he yelled running out and slamming the door behind him. I rolled my eyes and then opened my recently acquired bag of candy. I threw some at Ned, Zara, and Bob, but I kept half the bag for myself.
Anymore ideas I asked while taking a bite into a milky way.
Ned jumped up once more and attempted to talk, but his words came out all jumbled. He had shoved a twix and a milky way into is mouth and I couldnt understand what he was trying to say. It took him a moment to swallow then to talk again.
We should do something exciting this Halloween to make it a night to remember. He said.
Once again Steve burst into the room, I was beginning to think that he was eaves dropping.
I know what you guys should do, he said with an excited tone in his voice you all should go to the haunted house at the end of cherry lane. he said.
Haunted said Zara as she hid behind a pillow.
Haunted screamed Steve in a creepy tone, causing me to fall out of my chair with a loud thud. Ned and Bob looked at each other and then at us.
Its not haunted said Ned as he stood up to stretch.
Yes it is! retorted Zara, as she pecked up from behind her pillow.
No its not, yelled Ned and were going there tonight to prove it. He finished.
No wailed Zara from behind her pillow.
All right then, I said were going there tonight.
After that we all decided to go to our own houses to get ready then to meet back at my house. Later we all assembled at my house looking good in our costumes. I was dressed as a witch and Zara was a cat. Bob looked pretty goofy in his devil costume while Ned looked like a pirate.
Is everybody ready to go. I asked as I looked around.
Ya, they all replied in unison.
We all had bags that we were going to take to the haunted house with us.
We all headed down the stone walk from my house. Our first stop was old man Jenkinss house. He lived by himself and always gave out huge pieces of candy. When we got to his house, a graveyard scene greeted us. Zara rang the doorbell and we waited for him to come. The door opened up and a rainbow polka dot sheet with two beady black eyes greeted us. It held out a tray with huge pieces of candy on it. I went for the huge recess and Bob went for the got the Milky Way. Zaras face lit up when she saw the huge skittle, and Ned viciously grabbed the heresy bar and took a huge bite out of it. Nice costume Mr.J  I commented. Why thank you Tasha he said, grinning under his sheet. Next we moved on to the Pink house across the street, which looked orange from all the lights in the front yard. Soon we had finished our trickier treating and had dropped our candies off at Bobs house.
Next thing any of us knew we were in front of the haunted house at the end of Cherry Lane.
I dont think we should do this whispered Zara.
It will be alright I said reassuring her, when I wasnt so sure myself.
We slowly entered the house; from its gloomy appearance from outside I knew I had to be much worse on the inside. I looked around with my flashlight only seeing pieces of furniture covered with white sheets. The floor was creaky and little moonlight streamed through the dusty windows. All of a sudden, I heard a soft muffled groan.
Theyre coming to get me! I screamed at the top of my lungs then I jumped behind Ned. Ned just laughed and so didnt Bob, felt that I was missing something very important.
Wait&What..? I stuttered trying to figure out what happened during my near death experience.
That moaning was me, said Bob. I stubbed my toe on something.
Although you wouldnt be able to see it in the dark, my face turned bright red. I was so embraced that I did such a stupid thing freaking out like that.
I heard another moan, Nice try Bob but I already know that its you.
Um I dont know how to tell you this but that wasnt me. He said as he took a step back.
Okay then who, I was interrupted by another louder groan. I knew that the noise didnt come from any one in the group. This made me tense and frightened, I looked around and I saw that Zara was shaking and that Bob was sweating. Ned looked paralyzed his eyes were opened wide and so was his mouth.
Next I felt something grab on to my shoulder, I knew I wasnt any of my friends cause when they heard me gasp they all looked up and at me. I looked right into their Eyes and saw fear. I decided to look at what had my shoulder. When I turned my head I saw a mangled hand and long fingernails. This made me scream with terror I was joined by my friends and together we made a deafening scream that could wake the dead. Then I just started running and I didnt stop until I collapsed in a dust old uncomfortable chair on the third floor.
Zara
I heard Tasha gasp and looked up I utter disbelief. There resting on her shoulder was a nasty looking hand that was connected to a misshapen arm. I didnt know what to do a feeling a terror crept over me. When Tasha looks at her shoulder she screamed louder than ever, I joined her and so did Bob and Ned. Personally id never heard Ned scream or even be afraid for that matter. Before I knew it Tasha bolted past me. I tried to follow but fell behind not being as in shape as she was. I turned in to a room that looked promising for a place to hid from what ever that thing was. I hid behind a chair a caught my breath. Then something occurred to me, what happened to everyone else.
Ned
Now I was scared noises from now way and caused of from who knows what. Tasha looks so scared Ive never seen her like that before she is usually really brave not scared of anything. I heard a sharp in take of breath I twitched than looked up. There was Tasha just standing there and Bob looked like he was going to die. He looked so pale. I looked back at Tasha to find she had something on her shoulder I couldnt quite figure out what it was. I cant even see two feet in front of me. I was startled by an earth-shattering scream that was only made louder by Zara and Bob.
Then I saw what was on her shoulder. It was a twisted hand that looked like it had been chewed up and spit out. I also stared to scream. Tasha flew past me so fast I didnt know what hit me. Next Zara took off after her, I looked around and didnt want that thing to get me plus I didnt want to be left by my self so I blasted after Zara and Tasha. They were so far ahead all I could hear was there footsteps getting further and further away. I found a room the looked like a bedroom. I ran in and dived under the bed ignoring the dust in my eyes and mouth. Now all that was left to do was to wait for either someone to come or daylight, which was 8 hours away.
Bob
I was still kind of laughing since I sacred Tasha so bad. I looked up at the sound of a sharp intake of breath. It was Tasha she had something clutching her shoulder it looked rotted and disgusting. Zara stared to scream; I didnt know what to do so I screamed too. Tasha started to run faster than ever before going deeper into the house. I blinked and everyone in front of me was gone I didnt know where they had went. I turned and made a break for the door leading outside. I felt nice to feel the cool breeze of the air on my skin. I feel bad for leaving them in the house like that. I knew I had to go for help I had to get someone. So I headed back for my house surely every one was home by now.
Tasha
I woke up thinking I was in my bed, until I touched the hard floor that shocked me back to reality. The haunting image of the hand on my shoulder repeated through my mind. I wondered where the others were. I looked at my watch 3:30 AM. How long had I been sleeping! My parents must be worried sick. Oh I dont feel so good now why did I agree to come to this creepy old house. Im all by my self, whats going to happen to me. Then I remember I still had my flashlight with me. I flicked it on and the room lit up around me. I peered around and saw something that surprised me.
A light switch, or at least I think it is. I got up and crept over to the wall and then the switch. It was two buttons. One was out and one was in I pushed the one sticking out. Suddenly the room filled up with light and I could see everything around me. There was a table and chairs that were covered with white sheets. Wait!, if the lights in this room worked the lights in the rest of the rooms must work too. I made my way to the door with a candlestick in my hand just incase someone or thing decided to pop out.
The door creaked open and there wasnt anyone there that was a relief on my part. I flashed the flashlight around still clutching the silver candlestick. I saw another light switch and turned it on. The hall way filed with light as I looked around to check my surroundings. There wasnt anyone there. I decided to keep the candlestick with me just incase. I saw the stairs I had come up they looked rickety and broken. I slowly tip toed down them until I came to the second story. There was also a light switch, which I turned on, again checking my surroundings just incase. Just then I hear a soft hello from the room to my left. It sounded like Zara but I wasnt sure.
I entered the room and turned on the lights all I saw were pieces of furniture covered with cloths. I said hello and stated who I was and that I was armed. Before I knew what happened Zara popped up from behind a chair and leapt to my side. I was so happy to see her and not be alone anymore. She stared to talk but I covered her mouth.
We must be absolutely quite if we want to make it out of this house with out this thing finding us. I said semi quietly.
Well your not doing a very good job of keeping things on the down low considering you turned all the lights on. she retorted with a smirk on her face.
I wanted to argue with her but I knew I couldnt and that she was right.
 We have to trying and find Ned and Bob then get out of this house as quickly as possible. I said with fear flooding back through me.
We left the room and head down the hall very quickly. We knew no one else was on the level because they would have seen the lights and called out like Zara. We made are way to the main floor. Yet again I turned on the lights. This time I didnt hear anything right away. We started to walk down the hall when we hear a cough coming from one of the rooms. We both turned into the room and quickly turned on the lights. It was a bedroom. It was a pink color with a fluffy looking bed and dolls on shelves. I heard something under the bed. This really scared me but I knew I had to figure out what or who it was.
Okay who ever or what ever is under the bed better come out right now I said in a voice that I didnt even know I could make.
Tasha? Is that you? said the voice. I was shocked that I knew my name. Suddenly Neds head popped out from under the bed and gave me a funny look. I held back my laughter and helped him up.
Okay three out of four thats not bad at all for being lost in a creepy house. I said trying to make Ned and Zara feel better. It didnt work. Not even a minute later I heard a groan that was literally right behind me. I turned swinging the heavy candlestick with me. Suddenly I stopped moving, the candlestick struck something hard. My eyes were closed but I relied on my other senses to tell me if I did a good thing or bad. I heard a thud and then Zara gasp. I opened my eyes there in front of me was a body unmoving but alive. It was a almost all bones the skin was so tight there barely wasnt any their. I screamed and then ran followed by my two friends. Finally we reached the door and were greeted by a strange sight. There in front of us was Bob and his parents. They all had giant flashlights it made me so happy just to be leaving the house. Although we all got home safely and survived the night I cant help but wonder what ever happened to that strange disgusting looking creature that I hit with the candlestick.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Yeshi9909 on December 20, 2006, 10:37:21 AM

Yeshi9909 on
Yeshi9909Weee!!! Love this one!! I READ IT BEFORE ALL OF YOU!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'M MORE SPECIALIERS!! *pffft!!! I wish!* :-P