Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Kurt's Dream

Professor Xavier takes a look into everone's dreams and finds that the seem a little familiar. Parodies include Wizard of Oz, Titanic, etc.

Chapter 3 - Kurt's Dream

Chapter 3 - Kurt's Dream
The professor decided to get his mind off Kitty's strange dream by moving on to somebody else. Who would it be this time? He went through their minds quickly and found that Kurt was just beginning one of his dreams, and decided that he might as well take a look.

At first the professor couldn't make anything out, but after a moment or so he realized that the dream was taking place on a plane. The rest of the dream began to unfold:

Kurt took his seat next to the window and looked around nervously. The flight wasn't all that busy but all of the other passengers were making a lot of noise. He was glad that Evan had decided to come with him on his trip to Germany. He didn't want to tell anyone, but he really didn't like flying all that much since he had seen Alive. Sure, he had found the movie extremely hilarious, what with the eating people and all, but it kind of ruined the whole prospect of flying. On the other side of the aisle next to Evan, he noticed a suspicious looking man stroking a handgun.

Kurt leaned over to the man and said, "Are you nervous about this flight, too?"

The man looked at him in anger, "What is THAT supposed to mean? Are you accusing me of something."

"Nothing!" Kurt said quickly, "I just meant that I'm a little uneasy when I'm on planes and you looked like you-"

"Shut up! Shut up!" The man shouted, "Now everyone knows! Are you happy!?"

Kurt was very confused, "What are you-"

The man jumped out of his seat and pointed the gun at Kurt's face, "I'll kill you!"

Before the man could follow through, a flight attendant tapped him on the shoulder and said in a very polite voice, "Excuse me, sir, but we have a 'no gun' policy. You'll have to put that away."

"Oh, sorry," said the man and shoved the gun in his pocket. The flight attendant smiled and walked away. The man sat down and glared at Kurt, "I'm still going to kill you."

Evan snickered next to him, "Smooth move."

Kurt sighed and stared glumly out the window. The plane hadn't even taken off yet and he'd already managed to become the target of a convict, according to the man's prison uniform and handcuffs still attached to his wrists. Instead, Kurt focused on a different plane that was taking off at that moment. He thought, 'See? That plane is taking off just fine. It's completely safe.'

Just then the other plane exploded. Kurt's eyes widened and he looked away from the window. He felt his whole body tense up when his own plane began to take off. His hands dug into the armrests, but other than that, he didn't move an inch, except for his heart which beating so hard that he was sure it would explode out of his chest like that alien did in the movie Alien. He thought that was a very cool part in the movie and he was so busy thinking about it that he forgot all about being nervous. Just as he was beginning to enjoy himself, he felt something hit the back of his head. He looked down and saw that it had been a cookie. Behind him, he saw a little boy, with a handful of cookies. When the little boy saw Kurt's accusing eye on him, he pointed at the elderly woman sitting next to him. Kurt rolled his eyes and turned back around. Little did he know, it really was the elderly woman who had thrown the cookie.

Kurt went back to staring out the window. The sky was full of dark clouds and he couldn't see anything beyond the wing of the plane. As he was staring miserably into the storm outside, he noticed something on the wing. He squinted to make it out, and was shocked to see it moving.

Kurt shook Evan's arm, "I see something on the wing!"

"It's called an engine," Evan muttered.

"No, I'm serious!" Kurt jumped out of his seat, "There's something on the wing of the plane!"

The convict stood abruptly and aimed his gun at Kurt again, "Now you die!" He was interrupted when the flight attendant tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sir, we've been through this before," she said and pointed at a 'no guns' sign.

For a moment the man got a thoughtful look on his face and he said, "What about knives? Can I use one of those?"

The flight attendant considered this. She looked over at another flight attendant, who only shrugged. "I'll have to check the manual," she said finally and walked away.

The man watched her leave, then leaned over Kurt with a serious expression. "When she gets back," he said, "I'll cut you good."

Kurt wasn't listening. He was staring out the window at the thing. Was it a person? Maybe it was some sort of animal. What was it doing out there? It almost looked as if the thing was trying to pull apart the wing. Then a thought came to Kurt. It was quite obviously a gremlin. Everyone knew that gremlins destroyed aircrafts. If Kurt had learned anything from the movie Gremlins, it was that he shouldn't feed it because it was after midnight. He was in the middle of wondering why the rain wasn't affecting it, when the stewardess came back to inform the crazy man that knives were only to be used for cutting steak or dealing with elderly folks who wouldn't shut up.

"Damn!" said the man and stabbed his knife into the armrest. He cast a glance at an old woman who had started up an unwanted conversation with a different stewardess, but the man decided against using the knife.

"Uh, miss?" Kurt called after the stewardess as she was turning to leave, "Did you know there's a gremlin on the wing of the plane?"

She stared at him for a moment, then started laughing. Then everyone started laughing. They all pointed at Kurt and laughed for a few minutes, until some old guy started having a hard attack, and everyone focused their laughter at him instead. It went on for another forty-five minutes. By that time the old man's heart attack had subsided and he had gone to sleep. There were still a few people chuckling, but they were mostly just remember the look on the man's face when he had been having the heart attack.

Kurt looked over at Evan, "You believe me, don't you?"

Evan sighed, "Look, you're probably just on edge from our movie marathon last night. You know: Alive, Gremlins, Alien, The Twilight Zone Movie...."

Kurt looked out the window and didn't see the thing out there anymore. He relaxed in his chair, "I guess you're right." He was glad that they hadn't gotten around to watching Con Air, because then he'd think there was some convict threatening to kill him. He cast a tentative glance to the seat next to Evan and saw the convict, who was currently glaring at him, and moved a finger across his throat, making a cutting noise. Kurt slumped in his seat.

Yawning, Evan looked at his watch. It was already very late. "Hey, man, I'm gonna go to sleep, okay?"

"Ja," Kurt nodded, "Me too." He leaned his pillow against the window and snuggled up against it. It wasn't long before he was asleep. He dreamt about some kid with strange powers, who manipulated his life to become more like a cartoon. It was a very strange dream. Kurt woke up with a start. He saw that Evan was still sleeping and cast a hazy glance at his watch, showing that he had only been asleep for little more than an hour. He yawned and considered going back to sleep, but decided against it. He pulled his pillow away from the window, but his blood ran cold at what he saw just outside the window. The gremlin had it's face pushed up against the window and it looked as if it was trying to claw it's way in. Kurt shrieked and fell out of his seat.

Evan stirred and looked down at Kurt, "Wuzza?"

"The gremlin..." Kurt pointed a shaking finger at the window but the gremlin was already gone.

Just then, the pilot burst out of the cock pit, "I heard screaming. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," one of the stewardesses said in annoyance, "This young man here just thinks he saw a gremlin."

"A gremlin!?" The pilot scoffed and burst out laughing. Then everyone pointed at Kurt and laughed.

Kurt pulled himself back into his seat and looked out the window. He saw the gremlin out there, and this time it was clawing at one of the engines. Kurt tried to tell them but they all just kept laughing.

The stewardess wiped a tear from her eye, then seemed to have a thought and her laughed died down, "Ah, Larry?"

The pilot was still chuckling, "Yes, Janice?"

"Who's flying the plane?" she asked.

Larry rolled his eyes, "The co-pilot. Do you honestly think that I'm daft enough to leave the controls unattended?"

At that moment, the co-pilot emerged from the bathroom, "I heard laughing. Did that old guy have another heart attack?" Everyone burst into more fits of laughter, except for Kurt, Larry, and the aforementioned old guy, who was indeed having a heart attack. Larry looked around nervously, then hurried back into the cock pit, hoping nobody had noticed that the plane had plummeted dangerously low.

Kurt ignored everyone's laughter as he stared out the window in horror as one of the engines shot sparks out of it and died. The gremlin moved on to the next engine.

"The engine! The gremlin just ruined that engine!" Kurt pointed frantically out the window, but everyone just laughed harder.

"Oh man!" Evan was clutching his side from laughing, "You're too funny!"

"I'm serious! We're all going to die!" It was hopeless to convince anyone of anything when they only laughed harder at anything that was said. Kurt knew he had to do something. He couldn't just sit around and wait for the gremlin to kill them all. As much as he hated all the people in the plane for laughing at him, the didn't deserve to die. Except for the convict, who had been sentenced to death in the first place.

Kurt looked over at the convict, who was laughing too hard to shoot the gun he had in his hand. He grabbed the gun from the convicts hand. He knew what he had to do. First, he would shoot the window out, then go out there and shoot the gremlin, then he'd force the gremlin to apologize to everyone. He hadn't really thought the whole plan through, but he was sure it would work because it was completely not something a crazy person would do.

Of course, he hadn't taken into account the whole being high up in the air in an airplane thing. Nobody noticed his actions at first, as they had all taken to laughing at the poor old heart-attack-prone man, but they certainly noticed after the first shot rang out and window next to Kurt smashed into pieces. Then all hell broke loose. Many people began screaming, others laughed harder, one man ran around on fire, Kurt continued shooting out the window and yelling at the gremlin about how it was ruining his whole trip, Evan went back to sleep, St. John was setting more people on fire. Then, the pilot and co-pilot burst out of the cock-pit. Larry started throwing hand-grenades around and the co-pilot dumped hot coffee into some girl's lap. She would later sue him for millions.

It went on like that for a very, very, needlessly long amount of time. Eventually, the plane managed to land itself safely on the ground. The chaos went on for a couple more hours, until everyone realized that they had landed and exited the plane in an orderly fashion.

Kurt found himself in a straight jacket, being loaded into an ambulance.

"Wait! I'm not crazy! The gremlin tried to kill us!" Kurt pleaded desperately, "Just go look at the damage!"

"We saw it," said a police officer, "It was all caused by your shooting."

Another officer nodded, "That's right, the bullets smashed the engine, then they made those claw marks all over the wing, then crapped on it."

"But bullets can't-"

"Get him out of here," said the first officer, shaking his head at Kurt's craziness.

Kurt struggled in vain, "Evan! Tell them I'm not crazy!"

Evan looked at Kurt, then at the officers, "He's crazy. Really crazy. Hey, Kurt, where do you keep your DVDs?"

The paramedics loaded Kurt into the back of ambulance and began to drive him away. Kurt lay in his straight jacket and finally gave up on struggling.

He saw the gremlin sitting next to him and said to it, "You know, nobody believes you exist except for me."

"Oh, of course they do," said the gremlin, "And they're always after me Lucky Charms."

At this point, the professor got himself out of Kurt's dream as fast as he could, before it could develop any further. He shook his head and reminded himself to make sure the students didn't get any more sweets before they went to sleep.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

GothicVoodoowitch on December 13, 2005, 9:39:19 AM

GothicVoodoowitch on
GothicVoodoowitchOMG! That was hilarious!
Everyone loughed at the guy who had a heart attack.... LOL.

Byn on August 29, 2004, 11:06:19 AM

Byn on
BynROTFLMFAO!!!

That was HILARIOUS! XD Poor crazy Kurt. XD