Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Blonde Hair and Green Eyes

Jen, a new girl, moves to Mineral Town. New places, New people, will she be able to handle all the problems that come her way?

Chapter 2 - Blonde Hair and Green Eyes

Chapter 2 - Blonde Hair and Green Eyes
When I opened my eyes I was no longer in the stable. I was back inside the small cottage, lying on the bed. It was still hard to open my eyes because of the blinding light all around me. I pushed myself up and looked around. There was nobody there. I pulled together the strength to stand up. My head was throbbing, but I was determined to find out how I got there.

I slowly opened the door and looked outside. Then I saw him. Outside in the rugged fields there was a boy not that much older than me. His hair was a brown and golden color, and spiked naturally. He was riding Epona! How had he tamed her so quickly? Then he spotted me.

The boy slowly dismounted the horse and whispered something into her ear. The horse retreated back to the stable and the boy walked toward me.

“Hey,” I said nervously, “Are you the one who saved me?”

“I wouldn’t say saved… but if you want to think of it that way, sure,” He replied with a gorgeous smile.

“Well I greatly appreciate it. But I have one question. How did I get to the house?” I asked.

“I carried you,” the boy replied blushing. I also felt my face get warm.

Well then… umm… what is your name?” I asked, still blushing.

“Cliff,” He replied, “And may I ask what your name is?”

“My name is Jay… oh sorry… um… Genevieve,” I replied stumbling over my own words.

“Can’t decide on your own name?” He said with a grin, “How about Jay?”

“That’s good,” I said, still feeling stupid about the name mix up.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Jay. When did you get to the farm?” He asked walking toward the house.

“I just arrived this morning,” I replied, following him back to the house, “I’m still a little bit new at all this, I don’t even know where to start.”

“Well, how about I help you. I’m actually new here to, so don’t feel alone,” He smiled. “Well I think the first thing to do is take care of the animals.”

“Already done,” I replied confidently.

“Okay then, how about we start to clear away that field,” He said and walked over to the toolbox inside the small room.

“We?” I asked. “You really don’t have to help me, after all it’s not your problem. I don’t have any money to pay you,” I said, but secretly I wanted him to stay and help.

“No, it’s fine, I’ll be glad to help,” He replied looking straight into my eyes. His eyes were a gorgeous green that made my heart melt. All I could do was smile. Cliff started to dig through the tool chest, and pulled out a sickle, an ax, and a hammer.

“Here,” he said, handing me the sickle. It was heavier than I thought it would be, but I was ready. “Follow me,” he called over his shoulder as he walked outside. I grabbed my rucksack and followed him out into the field.

“First thing we need to do is clear away all the weed and stumps,” He said to me. “You do know how to use that thing?” he asked me with a concerned look on his face.

“Of course I do,” I said confidently and gave a good whack at the weed in front of me. It came perfectly off and landed at me feet. “My grandfather taught me a few thing the last time I came to visit. Suddenly Cliff got this weird puzzled look on his face, but turned away before I could understand it.

“Well I guess he did. Okay how about you start hacking away at those weeds, and I’ll start to clear away these stumps and rocks,” he said.

“Sounds like a plan,” I smiled in return. Both he and I went separate way and started to clear away at my field. All these thoughts were running through my head about him, they I couldn’t stop. Every so often I would turn and look at him. His golden hair dangling in his face as he chopped away, and his green eyes seeming to shine.

When we finished we met back at the house, and we looked over the work we had done.

“I think we did good,” he said looking straight at me. As I looked back, I could see small beads of sweat running down his face.

“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” I returned in reply. It was almost sunset.

“Thank you so mush for you help!” I said to him gratefully.

“It was nothing,” he replied, rubbing his hand along the back of his neck. “You know, there is still work to be done.

“Yeah… I know… it’s a never-ending job, as my grandfather use to tell me. I’m still so lost as to what to do next,” I said and plopped down on the bench next to the house. “There is so much to be done.”

“Don’t worry… I’ll help you,” He said. I looked up into his smiling face, and knew it was going to be just fine.

“Thanks…” was all I could say.

“Tell you what… I’ll stop by tomorrow to help you plant some crops,” He said holding out his hand.

“You are more than generous,” I replied taking his hand in mine. He pulled me to my feet and handed me the ax.

“See you tomorrow?” He asked.

“I can’t wait,” And at that he left my farm. I looked around. Everything was so peaceful here. All of a sudden I heard a whimper at my feet. I looked down and saw a small puppy.

“Hello there,” I said to it. “You must be my grandfathers dog.” I looked down at the small puppy, searching for a nametag. It didn’t have one. I bent over and picked him up.

“Well I guess this means I’m going to have to name you. Let’s see,” I said to myself. I looked at the puppy once more and noticed that it had one brown eye, and the other was a greenish-blue.

“I’m going to name you Skop, after a brave wolf in a book I once read,” I said smiling at the little dog. I barked in return. I took the small dog inside and placed him on my bed. I changed into pajamas, and slipped into the covers of my grandfather’s stiff bed. Skop leapt up by my side and curled up in my arms. I closed my eyes, just waiting for the hours to pass until I would see Cliff again.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ChobitsFreak55 on September 1, 2004, 5:59:55 AM

ChobitsFreak55 on
ChobitsFreak55This is great! Please write more!

The_Chao_Lover on July 7, 2004, 1:34:27 AM

The_Chao_Lover on
The_Chao_LoverOOh! This is good!