Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Sisters Jazmyn and Joisan are torn out of their 'normal' world and thrown into chaos when someone finds out they were part of the 'angel' experiment that started almost 20 years ago.

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
Maximum ride: Avian y Nosfuria

part one: My city
1
My city. Why is it my city? A city belonging to a 15 year old Girl? Impossible! Crazy! Well, in some weird way, this city is mine and I am the City's.
There are alot of things I can say about my city. It's a Metropolitan Marvel of buildings and boutiques. We're second to New York, both in clubs and crime. Like most cities, it's rundown in some areas, and well kept in others. My favorite spot, is on the riverfront, where they have the fire works on June 17, and July 4. It's amazing, lighting up the sky with wounderful colors and lights. I've got nothing against the city, just some adult don't know how to manage money, or keep their words. Every other summer, the roads need work, because our winters are the coldest. Salt and ice ruin the material, stretching and expanding the cracks and potholes, eating away at the streets. On the East side, hundreds are poor, and have horrible living conditions.

Me? I live in the Metro area; tall buildings, and apartments belonging to mainly poor/mild class artists. You can tell by the decorated walls, mail boxes, and bus benches. One day, I want to paint a mural, on the entrie wall on our apartment. It's a loft really, with multiple shelves and bookcases to seperate all our things. You notice how I keep using plurals? There were four of us. My mother, big brother, little sister, and me. A few months ago, my mom disapeared. Then my brother. So yeah. It's just me and my sister, Joisan. With all the pressures of mother hood at 15, taking care of a 9 year old. Not the best life. We have our ups and downs, but we survive. Today... eck... I just felt miserable... And the only thing that could get my mind off of it... was something i had to do, without her.

I climbed the finally steps of the fire escape, I opened the door and reached the roof. Walking to the other side of the roof, I looked out at the city. What a marvel. Clubs lit up, music booming and people in glow sticks wanting to get in. I'd love to dance at a club, i even could on kids night. (anyone 15 to 17 welcome) Too bad i never had the time. God, the world was just weighing me down like an anvil in a swimming pool. Pulling myself on the ledge, and looked down at the ground. The building I was on was going to be a casino/hotel in a few months, but wight now, it's my playground. I loved it because of the architecture and solitude. It's modeled to fit in with Greek Town, and has at least twenty floors. Pretty high up, with a perfect river frong view of the city. I took a deep breath, woundering if I could actually do this. I was doing so good. I mean wow, even Joisan thought I would crack after the first week.

I hopped off the ledge, and leaned foreward, and fell. The world passed me in slow motion, everything from the trash fluttering in the air, to the city owls, catching rats. The ground pulled into view, and i felt so tired of this world... My wings opened, and the I pushed the wind beneath me. I angled them sideways and pulled out of my nose dive into a spiralling rocket upward. God this felt so wonderful! The hair on the back on my neck was on standing on edge, and my heart was like a machine. Pumping oxygen to every cell of my being. At night, after Joisan was asleep, and only drunk party-goers were awake, this is what I'd do. God... That reallys makes me selfish doesn't it?! Not letting her fly with me?... Maybe tomorrow... July 18, I'd let her fly with me. After all... It was her birthday. Like i said before, this is my city.

Comments

Comments (11)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dragontine on September 10, 2007, 7:33:27 AM

Dragontine on
DragontineDude........... Are you like the origonal auther or some thing thats sooo like the origonal!!!

JazmynMoon21 on September 10, 2007, 8:29:32 AM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21it's like the basic details, just new characters and places. yay Maximum Ride. and thank you.

Dragontine on September 11, 2007, 8:18:32 AM

Dragontine on
DragontineYour welcome... your icon it looks like a char o' mine! Yes tis I LOVE Maximum Ride, My friends say Im just like Max. Do you relate to any of the chars?

JazmynMoon21 on September 13, 2007, 9:38:05 AM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21sort of a fang/max mixture.

Dragontine on September 13, 2007, 10:09:43 AM

Dragontine on
DragontineThares a movie comeing out about it!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEE

JazmynMoon21 on September 13, 2007, 10:15:53 AM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21SO I'V HEARD!!!!! *flails* And a 4th book!!!! *head'plosion*

Dragontine on September 13, 2007, 10:26:19 AM

Dragontine on
Dragontine4TH BOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (times infinity) OMG!!!! (Chokes on own spit)(coughing for a bit) YAY!!!!! I was happy before! Im ESTATIC NOW!!!!!!

CartoonQueen262 on August 2, 2007, 12:23:27 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Wonderful job,Jaz...I'm too awe-struck to say anything more..

CartoonQueen262 on July 23, 2007, 1:23:40 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Your writing style is brilliant as usual.You pretty much left me speechless here.You have such a vivid way of writing. This is indeed a city...

luckylace222 on July 22, 2007, 11:55:35 AM

luckylace222 on
luckylace222U_X City indeed....*favs*