Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Fight

Sisters Jazmyn and Joisan are torn out of their 'normal' world and thrown into chaos when someone finds out they were part of the 'angel' experiment that started almost 20 years ago.

Chapter 2 - Fight

Chapter 2 - Fight
3

Joisan and I looked at the group of Erasers. There was what? Twenty? Thirty of them? Had Justin been here to help us, this would have been a piece of cake. But he wasn't. After hovering in the same spot for a few seconds, we both bolted downward. Diving to the River, just a few feet from going to the river, we both pulled up. tha cut the numbers from thirty to seventeen.

Great things about flying dogs, they're huge. Giant werewolf monsters that don't live past seven years old. And now, for some sick reason now they have wings. When we were at the Institute, we knew we were faster then those ugly monsters. Sure, they had us outdone in size and possibly power, but in some areas we were faster and more agile.

My girl was awesome, even if she was just ten, she knew tricks to fight. Her leg hit the side of an Eraser's head, clubbing it's ear. I expected it to go down immediately, but our suprise, it didn't. I sent my fist to a beast's throat, again expecting it to go down, gagging and gasping for air. They didn't.

Terror just began to sink in. My hand was hurting like nothing before! Were these guys made of metal or what?!!

***

Joisan rocketed towards the bridge. She zoomed over the water, between the docked boats and then shot upward. Erasers crashed into the boats, and metal pillars of the bridge over to the island. I saw a few of them explode when they hit the metal. You heard me, explode.

This gave her an idea. She took the dog whistle around her neck and blew it three times. Jazmyn blocked an Eraser's punch, but another hit her from behind. Joisan blew the whistle again, and her sister looked at her. The ten year old pointed to the Ambassador Bridge. The bridge between Canada and Michigan; it was really crowded due to implorting, exporting and trips up North. Chance of being seen: 99.9990%

Jazmyn got the message, taking in a deep breath she kicked the Eraser that was infront of her, knocking herself into the one behind her. Jazmyn folded in her wings and dropped like a rock. Jazmyn's black wings opened a few inches above the river, and she took off toward the Ambassador. They kept zigzagging, switching places as they sped up. Jazmyn glanced over her shoulder and saw that the flying Erasers looked worse then the first batch. As if their skin was stretched over their huge frames by force.

"Go!" Jazmyn and Joisan seperated, twirling like trick kites. The group of flying Erasers seperated, following both sisters. Jazmyn stopped going straight forward, and made an L turn up. This sudden movement would have worked earlier, when the Erasers just saw them, but now they had recognized their flying patterns. She felt six hairy, clawed hands wrap around her wings with such force, it was like they were attempting to rip them off.

These tactics would have saved them on the ground, but they weren't fighting on the ground.

Jazzy's POV

Oh. My. God! These creeps just wouldn't leave me alone! I elbowed an Eraser in the face, causing him to lose balance and fall out the sky. I tried to shake the other two off, but their gripps just tightened on my wings. One of their huge airy fists raised and came down on the back of my head. I fell out the sky, just about to crash into the river.

"JAAAAAAAAAAZMYN!!" Joisan screamed. A flying eraser had Joisan in his arms, flying farther away. "NOO! JAZZY!!"

"NO!! YOU'RE NOT TAKING HER AWAY!!!" I sucked in a deep breath of air. My wings felt heavy. It took a few tries to get back up. Powering through the pain, i shot up to the sky like a rocket. "NO WAY IN HELL!!" When i came to te 'flock', or pack, or whatever the heck you call a half wolf bird human group thing, I crashed into Joisan's captive. Shouldering him between his shoulder-blades and his wings. There was a loud crack, and it looked like his bones dislocated.

Joisan dropped out their grasp. She spiralled free and fluttered up into the sky, much higher then before. She blew the dog whistle twice, signalling me up. We were spotted by people on the bridge, over the river bank, something like that. I followed Joisan up up up. The higher you go, the cooler the air, but the warmer the sun. The oxygen is also thinner. Three or four Erasers were left, and for some damn reason (pardon my french), they kept following Joisan.

As I tried to get closer, three more appeared. Where did they keep coming from?! And why were they after Joisan?!! She couldn't last much longer. Even if we were stronger, and faster then normal humans, we had our limits. A thick section of my onyx feathers were wripped out from a behind attack. They held me where I was as another small team assaulted my sister.

In a shred of metal and Eraser chunks, i will say chunks, because that was what ended up being on my clothes, i was free. I rubbed the gunk out of my face. "...What...?" I looked out into the sky, to see a blonde kid sideswipe an eraser with his heal. He then threw something at another Eraser, causing it to explode. I swooped in at an Eraser just as it was about to crack the kid's head open.

Some other kid came from above, and smashed through the Eraser holding Joisan. Her looks mirrored the other kid who had helped me. Blonde hair, blue eyes. After all the Erasers were destroyed, the girl and boy looked over at us. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Are you?" Joisan flew over to me. She had a bloody lip, and a few scratches here and her new shirt was torn. "Are there others?"

The girl nodded. "But we got seperated." She looked around in the sky, we all did, expecting their flock.

"Where were you when you guys got seperated?" i asked.

The boy kept looking around, "A couple miles back. But we were headed this way, so it should only take a few minutes before they're here."

Joisan and I looked at them. Joisan whiped the blood away from her face on her shirt, leaving crimson-brown on the stomach of her clothes. "You guys can stay with us until then." she said. I glanced at her. Even with a busted lip, she was smiling like a maniac. I realized why, ever since we broke out, she had never seen any other bird kids. "Can't they Jazmyn?"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

luckylace222 on August 12, 2007, 4:05:10 AM

luckylace222 on
luckylace222Dx THE BLOOD!! AUGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!