Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Family

Sisters Jazmyn and Joisan are torn out of their 'normal' world and thrown into chaos when someone finds out they were part of the 'angel' experiment that started almost 20 years ago.

Chapter 3 - Family

Chapter 3 - Family
4

Ha ha. When you're in a bind, the best thing to do is laugh. But when you're a birdkid who's used to live with three, then one, and now six. You need to laugh pretty flipping hard to make this situation funny. So i said yes. I said yes to Angel and Gasman staying. I did not know when I said yes, their entire flock was staying. Each one older then the last.

There was Angel, the youngest, a cute little blonde girl who was as sweet as sugar. Then her older brother, Gasman, a normal nine year old boy, he could make bombs and mimic anyone's voice. Nudge, was an eleven year old who loved to talk. She was good company. While i was cooking she told me about the places they've been. Colorado, New York, England, Germany. And flying erasers, and other experiments. After Nudge, there was Izzy, Fang and Max. Izzy was pretty cool. Like Gasman, he assembled bombs and flares from scratch, what i found absolutely amazing was the fact he was blind. Fang was obviously the Alpha male, and Max was the alpha female. Fang wore dark colors, and rarely spoke. He just sat down typing on his laptop. Max made sure Angel and Gasman were okay from the battle. Oh, I almost forgot the last member of their family. A cute terrier by the name of Total. Confused me a little, at first I thought his name was Toto, like from the Wizard of Oz.

Total quickly corrected me when I called him over for a snack. He spoke to me, saying he wanted a spot at the table between Angel and Joisan. Yes. You heard me. Total can talk. Quite well, like he went to English classes.

Looking at their family, made me a little jealous. Joisan was talking with Nudge and Angel, showing off her books and files she had from the Academy. She was like a kid in a candy store. So excited to see others like us. "Wash your hands. It's just about ready."

***
Max POV

After dinner, each of us took a shower. Which was a bit backwards, (food then cleaning up?) to what was normal. But Jazmyn said it was okay. She looked a little spooked by us. It was a big place, and even if there were only three bedrooms, everyone slept comfortably tonight. It had been awhile. But what really made my head do a tailspin, was the fact the Flyboys, Mechanical Flying erasers, had come after Joisan and Jazmyn.

They didn't even try to get Gazzy or Angel. It was wierd. They immediately went after Joisan. She was like a cross between Nudge and Angel. Ten years old, black hair, brown/gold eyes and white wings with blue and silver. She was really cute, but when excited, she'd talk nonstop. Or shut up completely. And Jazmyn didn't seem to mind Nudge. She smiled, listened and asked questions.

I looked around and found that two of the rooms had different styles, and looked like no one lived there for months. On a bedroom wall was a garden scene, with ivy vines, and lilac flowers climbing up white picket fence. Clouds and little birds, and bookcases full of science, biology and things on birds. I stood in the doorway, just looking.

"That's Mom's room." said a voice. I turned to see Joisan holding a stuffed cat. "You can sleep in there tonight. If you want."

"Oh... Where's you mom now?" I asked her. She shrugged. God that just made me shiver. What if she was like Jeb? It was unlikely in the most ways... that they were a paralall version of us.

"Dunno." Joisan said. "She just didn't come home one day." She paused, looked around the room. "...When you leave... could we come with you?"

I shrugged. Adding two new members, I didn't know what to do. They seemed to get along with everyone else, and they knew how to fight. I ruffled Joisan's black hair. "You guys aren't really in any danger, so I think you can stay here."

"Then maybe you could stay!" Joisan said.

***
Jazz's POV

So after dinner, i decided to take a walk. It was really late, like past ten, so everyone was asleep. I must seem reckless to you, leaving my own sister with a bunch of people i barely knew. But something told me, Joisan was safest with them. Construction had blocked off certain streets along the river. My favorite spot that was under construction was the bridge. During the day, workers were seen there from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m, then the rest of the day they were nowhere to be seen.

I went under the street barracade, and kept walking. my hand shoved into my sweatshirt's front pocket. It was chilly, and a little damp. Absolutely lovely in my eyes. I looked up at the sky, then back at the bridge. I thought there was a worker, checking something out. So i tried to avoid them, and just swerved closed to the railing. I pressed close to the metal, and looked at him.

It wasn't a him, but a her. "Holy Crap!" My hands flew up to my mouth to keep me from shouting. I was shouting because i knew the girl. Her name was Andreia Bond. She was fifteen years old, had red-brown hair and awesome ivy green eyes. She and i were almost the same height. She was 5'10", I was 5'8". I know. We're freaking giants. She was pretty, no, stunning. Just standing there in the moonlight. Like nothing else in the world mattered. Andreia stood, balancing on the railing, her hand on a metal support wire... Then she let go, and fell.

"WHAT THE HELLL?!!!" I screamed. Before my brain could register what i was doing, i was falling after her. I grabbed her, and pulled her into my arms. my wings opened we were soring high above the bridge in seconds. "Are... you okay?" i asked breathlessly.

Andreia looked at me. Her green eyes looked like glass stars, shining in the moonlight. I couldn't keep my nerve loing at her, so my gaze shifted to the sky above. I needed to get her somewhere safe... like home or the hospital. I thought about my choices, and decided to drp her off at her apartment. I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes, and found Andreia wasn't awake. She had either fainted from this experience, or was asleep.... or was in shock. Whichever came first.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment