Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Bats

Sisters Jazmyn and Joisan are torn out of their 'normal' world and thrown into chaos when someone finds out they were part of the 'angel' experiment that started almost 20 years ago.

Chapter 4 - Bats

Chapter 4 - Bats
5

Jazz's POV
At around twelve-ish, i landed on the roof of our loft and made my way through the attic to the mainfloor. I opened the door silently, and crept in. Max, Nudge and Angel slept on Mom's bed. Iggy and Gasman had my room, and Fang had Justin's room. Joisan was able to keep her own bedding, the nest like package in the back of the loft full of stuffed animals and blankets. I watched her sleep for a little while, until a voice made me jump.

"How old are you?" It was Fang. Gaaaawd he was creepy when he wanted to be. I was catching my heart that had practically lept out my chest at the sound of him. Fang repeated his question. "How old are you?"

"Fifteen." I replied. "I'll be sixteen in February. Why?"

"Just interested." He shrugged, then turned away. He walked over to the couch where he had the laptop propped up and open. More research i guess. Fang was usually on the web, looking up things on the School, the Hospital, the Institute, everything, or typing for his blog. Yes. i've read it. Quite interesting. I sat on the couch next to Fang, reading with him.

The little black dog, Total (not Toto) yawned and came over to us. He looked groggily at me, then Fang. "Could i have some water please?"

"Will you need a walk after this?" i asked back. The black terrier yawned again. I sighed and pulled myself up to the fridge. I knew Total'd have a fit if i just gave him tap water, so i poured him some from the pitcher in the refrigerator. "Anything else?" I turned to fang who was on the typing. "Fang? Want anything?"

He shook his head and went back to his business. I set Total's bowl next to the basket Joisan set up hours earlier. Fang finished minutes later. He closed the computer and went to sleep. I stretched my arms above my head, my bones creaked in certain areas. "Night guys."

***

I woke up to the smell of something burning. I jutted up from the couch and look to see Iggy at the stove. I stepped behind him to see what he was making. It looked fine, nothing black like coal. I looked around him to see what the hell was burning.

"It was a faulty plug." Iggy said. "I already took it out."

I looked around again, to see just what he was talking about. "...Where's my toaster?" Sitting at the table was Gazzy, fiddling with some wires and metal pieces. He looked at me, a sheepish smile on his face. Parts of the white plastic were burnt so badly, it was melted and distorted to look like a dead panda. "....I don't even want to know. And you don't need to cook. I can do it."

"You were still asleep." Gasman said. "We already tried to wake you at nine."

I pulled out a chair and sat next to him. The nine year old sure was crafty. "Quite the craftsman. Turning the toaster into another bomb?"

"Yup. Incase more Erasers come." He looked at me, smiling. "For you guys."

"Actually. We might be moving." I said thoughtfully. "...If those erasers found us, then we're going to have to move if they come again." Or if worse things come. I gave Gazzy a reassuring smile. "Thanks. When we use it, I'm sure we'll be thinking of you."

Angel sat down across from me, giving me a wierd look. "Yes, Hon?"

She blinked her pretty sapphire eyes and smiled at me. "I just noticed. Your ears are a pointy."

***
Max's POV

Jazmyn was a little spooked when Angel said that. I looked at an angle at her. And yep. Jazmyn's ears were pointed. Almost like a cat's or something. She laughed and looked at Angel. "You wanna know why?" Gasman and Angel both nodded. "I'm a hybrid."

"Well duh." Gasman said, cleaning up his tools so they could eat. "We're all hybrids."

"Well, instead of me just being a birdkid, I also have Desmodontidae DNA." Jazmyn grinned. "And Joisan is an Avian-Chiroptera-Chordata." The two kids gave me a wierd look, I turned so I could look at Jazmyn. Her wings were a little bigger then mine. And the feathers looked fuller near the spine. At the bottom of them, i saw small clawlike digets, and at the top a small talon. "We're part bats."

The two kids looked over at me. "What type of bats?" i asked.

"Joisan's a fruit bat. or flying fox." Jazmyn explained. "And i am a vampire bat."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment