Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Coming of the Fortune Teller

A story with my original character, Akuro Heavest.

Chapter 2 - The Coming of the Fortune Teller

Chapter 2 - The Coming of the Fortune Teller
The Coming of the Fortune Teller
Akuro was walking along the side of a road, as he had gotten used to since he had no knowledge of operating a vehicle as so many humans had by this time. The sky was light blue that day and the winds were very strong as well. Akuro came across a large building that read Twilight Town High School in large white letters across the front. He noticed a horde of students flee the high school as a deafening bell was heard. Among those students, Akuro noticed a peculiar young girl holding textbooks stacked into a small tower. While noticing this, Akuro began to think, “I should just keep walking.” “Look out!” shouted the girl as Akuro and her collided causing her to drop her textbooks. She began to shuffle quickly to place the books back in their proper formation. Akuro stared for a split second and then continued walking his path. “Hey you!” said the girl, “You could help me out here you know.” Akuro looked back and stared at her with his piercing red eyes. “Might as well help her or I’ll never hear the end of it.” Akuro thought. He glared at the books as they shook for a short second then reformed the small tower the girl had dropped. The girl stared at the books dumbfounded then focused her attention to Akuro as he began to walk away yet again. “Hey! Wait mister” shouted the girl as she shuffled in front of Akuro’s path causing him to stop where he stood. “How were you able to do something like that?” asked the girl hoping for an answer. “Humph, I can’t tell you that,” replied Akuro. The girl glared at Akuro wanting him to tell her. Akuro simply stated, “I don’t have time for this,” and continued around her to walk his path. “If you won’t tell me then I’ll just follow you until you do,” declared the girl as she picked her books up and continued after Akuro. He began to express his frustration with the fact that the girl was annoying him to the point where he wanted to just tear her in two in his head. “Why is this girl so persistent?” he wondered, “She’s really annoying and is getting on my last nerve” he thought calmly. “Hey! I heard that,” shouted the girl. Akuro froze in place and looked back at her. “You heard my thoughts?” he asked curiously. “Yes, especially the part where you said you wanted to kill me,” she replied. “Can you really blame me?” “You’re very spoiled seeing as how just because I wouldn’t tell you how I did what I did and you’re pestering me to find out,” he declared. The girl was fuming at that point as all girls do when you reveal the truth about them. “Anyways, how did you hear?” he interrupted her as she almost began to rant. The girl then paused and offered a compromise, “I’ll tell you but in exchange, I want to know your secret mister.” Akuro then felt like he had walked right into this predicament and then replied, “I’m able to manipulate any object that I see fit.” “Whoa! That must be very useful,” she said. Akuro then wondered why she was so calm about it. After all, it isn’t every day that someone tells you they have a special power. He then broke in, “Now you tell me how you heard my thoughts.” The girl then triumphantly declared, “I’m a fortune teller.” Akuro then began to get a little curious, “Then do you know my name?” “No, I can only hear thoughts if there’s nobody else around and can only predict bad things that will happen,” she replied. “What is your name?” she asked. “My name is Akuro, Akuro Heavest,” said he. “What is your name?” he countered. The girl replied with, “My name’s Martha, Martha Smith.”

Next time...
The Tragedy of the Has Been Footballer

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment