Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Tragedy of the Has Been Footballer

A story with my original character, Akuro Heavest.

Chapter 3 - The Tragedy of the Has Been Footballer

Chapter 3 - The Tragedy of the Has Been Footballer
The Tragedy of the Has Been Footballer

Martha decided to follow Akuro because she stated that he was “interesting” and could possibly encounter adventures with him around. Akuro looked at her as he was walking and noticed a box in her pocket that read “The Good Stuff.” He manipulated the box and held it in front of Martha’s face. “What is this?” he asked her. “Those? They’re cigarettes silly.” She replied. “Sssig-er-its?” pronounced Akuro. “Don’t these cause harm to you humans?” he asked. “Yeah but they sure do make you feel good,” she replied. Akuro stared at her in disbelief but calmly shrugged it off as she pulled a cigarette out and proceeded to light it.

“Would you like to hear what’s going to happen in the near future?” she asked Akuro innocently. “Sure, why not? It’s not like anything you predict will be anything I’ll encounter,” he replied. She began to tell Akuro, “We’re going to meet someone really soon…and that person is going to ask us to help them out because this individual is running away from some crime lord.” “And??” said Akuro, “Is that it?” She continued her prediction, “He’s going to die.”

Akuro sighed, “That’s it? What a waste.” The girl then got angry with Akuro. “You know, you could at least pretend to care that someone’s life is going to end you selfish piece of…” Akuro then sighed again, “Why is it that the feminine species always complains when you don’t give them the attention they think they deserve?” The last comment had pushed Martha over the edge and she began to attempt to scold Akuro which failed terribly.


Then a young boy could be seen running towards them in the distance. He was a boy of African American ethnicity and wore a football jersey with the name “Jackson” on the back and was wearing faded blue jeans complete with brownish white tennis shoes. “Is that him?” whispered Akuro to Martha. “That……is him,” she said. “Hmph! Guess it’s about to happen then,” declared Akuro. The boy made his way to Akuro and Martha and began to ask them for help. “Please man, you gotta help me!” said the boy. Martha looked at Akuro who seemed very uncaring and didn’t want to help the boy. “Come with us,” said Martha as she looked to Akuro, “This guy will help the both of us.” The last comment caught Akuro’s attention and he stared at Martha and the boy. “I can’t believe this. This girl really must be that foolish,” thought Akuro.

Two men dressed in baggy black pants and long black t-shirts with white hats on were running towards them while at the same time yelling, “We gonna show you what be happenin’ to punks who be duckin’ us Lamont!!” Akuro then made his decision to help the boy out and simply lifted his right foot up which collided with one of the men. The man fell to the ground on his face and Akuro placed his foot on the back of the mans neck and began stomping on it. The other man pulled out a pistol and aimed it at Akuro and fired it while yelling, “What now punk!?” Martha screamed and covered her eyes while the boy got on the ground into a duck and cover position. Then Martha looked through the opening in her fingers and saw that Akuro was still standing with the bullet in front of his forehead. The bullet then fell to the ground and Akuro continued his assault on the man. He started with a roundhouse kick, jabbed him in the stomach, then grabbed him by the throat and began strangling him. Akuro began to feel another being controlling him. “This…isn’t...possible. I thought that was just a Niconian myth?” said Akuro. He released the man from his death grip and the man immediately ran away. Martha shook the boy and told him to get up then they both walked over to Akuro. The boy looked dumbfounded, “I thought you got shot, man?” Martha noticed Akuro struggling with something. “Are you alright?” asked Martha with a worried tone. Akuro grabbed his head and began to shout in pain. “It’s happening!!” he shouted. Akuro then fell to the ground and shortly after, he passed out. A car then could be seen stopping at the scene with dozens of the men’s subordinates exiting the car to grab the boy. Because they noticed Martha and Akuro and thought it was too risky to let them go, they opted to take them as well. Martha urged Akuro to rise and save both her and the boy but there was no response. The men then covered Martha’s mouth with a white rag and lifted Akuro and threw him in the trunk of their car. Before Martha lost consciousness, she heard a final gunshot and a scream.

Next time...
The End??

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment