Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Story version of my -currently- postponed comic. I'll write everything out first...THEN make the comic.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Pitch black shadows...all around. Light shone from nowhere down on the creature in the center of this...abyss like area. It wobbily rose to it's feet, looking around it's surroundings. No floor, yet it could stand upright and walk normally...it was peculiar to say the least.

It's eyes, which appeared as if someone melted an emerald and a topaz together and resolidified it with just a space of white for the pupils, stared around the place confusedly. The creature itself was curious looking, if a human were to examine it. Four spikes coming out from it's head, two long hanging down with two short ones resting atop, and two diamonds were at the bottom of either of the longer ones. The skin of the figure was a few shades darker than lavender purple, with green flame like patterns on it's lower arms and legs. The joker like collar and curled ended shoes it wore jingled as the figure walked and looked around, three digit claws reaching out in front of it as if to find a wall.

It stopped as something thin, and near-clear shot out from the darkness from one side and caused the figure's arm to snap to it's side, stretched out into the open space and causing the arm's owner to stumble to the side. Quickly three other ones caught both ankles and the free hand. "What the heck?!" the joker-like being yelped, struggling to remove the things, before stopping as a form started gathering in front of him.

Piercing, cold blood-red eyes soon glowed through the darkness the rest of it's form hidden by the shadows. Movement was barely registered from the eyes of the trapped purple creature. 'Soon, Jester...very soon you will be like the others...' came a otherworldly tone that echoed in the space, as more creatures began to manifest themselves all around this 'Jester' being.

A smirk could barely be seen upon the hellfire eyed shadow before another wire-like thread shot at the purple and green figure's neck-


Thump.

"Ow...." Came a young male's voice as he made contact with the floor in his room. Disoriented and drowsy, he stood up and rubbed his head, while one eye was open and looking around his blurred surroundings. It was just his room....everything had just been a dream...and he woke up when he fell from the ceiling perch called a bed. One hand reached out onto his desk and grabbed a soft little bag filled with acid and pressed it gently into each of his eyes, to sharpen his vision. After doing so, he placed the thing back and slipped to the window of his little space called a room, spade-ended tail whipping slightly while wings stretched their pops out.

The green and purple figure that climbed out from said window and onto his roof was known as Jester T. Trickster, 16 years old and within his 8th year at the Moonstone Academy. He, like the rest of the creatures in the realm, was a demon. The realm sat beside that of humans, though their structures and residents were not visible, just as this plane's buildings and denizens were not seen to the humans. But, those who had enough knowledge of what they were to do here, could cross over to the world of the humans...though not visible, they are the reason for bad luck, misfortune and chaos...and ghosts.

This world was the equivalent to Earth's Halloween every single day. Though they had some amount of order to keep their own chaos down, there were very few laws and rules to follow. The sky was always dark blue and starry with two full moons in the night, and crimson red with a small orange-red orb for a sun in the day. Homes looked abandoned, filthy and decaying...the grass was always dead yellow and brown...the only trees here were weeping willows or dead and burnt oaks, and the only plants were Venus Fly-traps and the like.

There was a very interesting thing for this town, Spookyville. All of it's inhabitants were humans at one point in life. When they died, they came here, without memories of their previous being...however, a few were an exception to this, and Jester was among them.

He was always a trouble-making little child way back when, failing classes due to being the class clown...eventually, his luck wore out when he pulled a very serious prank on someone...they held a grudge till they caught Jester alone and, with several friends, killed him. The purple and green demon's lips twisted into a frown at the memory...then...as soon as he was buried....he ended up in Spookyville...in a different form. Of course, on that day, he met a friend that was probably one of the best you could ever have.

He looked across the street and smiled as he looked at the house. Harlequin Callista Laaysha, as her name said, a Harlequin demmon/Ballet Dancer....with a combination of a joker outfit and a ballerina costume...except with a tutu of painted saw-blades. She was a little bit of a show-off when it came to her grades and test results at the Academy...but other than that she was very kind for a demon...most of the time femma-demons were very...mean to put it lightly.

While Jester had drifted into thought and spaced out, he was unaware of the figure that managed her way onto his roof, carrying her schoolbag with her. "Jester...JESTER!" she said, snapping her fingers in front of his face. "Who, wha now?!" The boy snapped into reality again. "Oh...Hi, Harlequin..." he said, bells on his collar clinking as he twisted his had to look at her in her usual gold, red and orange outfit. "Hello Jester...you do know we're supposed to be going to school right now, right?" she indicated the sky was becoming more crimson colored. "Oh crab-apples!" Jester said quickly, bolting onto his feet.

"Hurry up, and calm down...I'll be waiting for you on the ground." The girl giggled at his panic...another tarty slip for him and he'd be getting alot of yelling from the Head of the Academy. She watched as he dove back into his room, and gently hopped off the roof and came to the ground slowly with the help of the bladed skirt that twirled around.

After about 20 seconds of standing on the side-walk, Jester appeared at the doorway. "Bye mom!" he said quickly before closing the door. "Come on, Jester, I'll race you to school. Last one there is a rotten dragle-fox egg!" She was already darting off. "Hey, you cheater!" Jester laughed as he bolted after her.

(End Chapter 1.)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

plushiegang4 on July 9, 2007, 10:16:34 AM

plushiegang4 on
plushiegang4i wouldnt expect for Jester to have a mom, my mom wouldnt take it anymore if i was that bad of a class clown.she would send ta booty camp!love the first chapter^^

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on July 9, 2007, 12:27:38 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Thankies. And in Spookyville, being the class clown is a kinda good, kinda bad thing...so his mom isn't going 'youmustobeyDARULES!D<'..but yet she isn't encouraging it, ya know?