Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Story version of my -currently- postponed comic. I'll write everything out first...THEN make the comic.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

After the talk with the Head of the Academy, Jester had been excused from his classes to look for an answer as to why this 'Puppeteer' demon wanted to hunt him down instead of everyone else. He looked within the library, one of the largest indoor areas of the school, containing millenniums worth of books and family history. So there Jester sat, looking through a large book of his own family history.

Though all of his family were humans at one time, they were still all related when they crossed over into this realm, as the Trickster family. Emerald and Gold eyes looked at each picture and read each piece of text, sipping his bottle of bug juice Harlequin managed to sneak in for him from the cafeteria. "Any luck yet?" The gold, red and orange clad demon asked. "No...I'm going back century after century and still nothing that involved The Puppeteer." The purple and green creature answered, rubbing his head achedly.

"Go back to the farthest page of the book. The Puppeteer was as old or even older than Salem, the head of Moonstone Academy, who's been around for a bazillion years." The girl pulled the pages till hitting the back, and they both scanned the wall of text. "This is the relative that stopped The Puppeteer and supposedly killed him....Jack of Blades." Harlequin said with a grin as they looked at the drawn picture. It looked near exactly like Jester, except slightly older and armed with two curved swords with saw-tooth edges.

"So that's why he's after you! Your ancestor killed him....and it's just taken forever for him to resurrect himself and he wants revenge! God, it's so simple." Harlequin smiled. "But I haven't done anything to him!" "According to this, you have. He wants to kill you, so he can end the Trickster bloodline and get his vengence...and take over both of the world with brain-eating puppet ZOMBIEEEES!" Harlequin exclaimed, earning a 'WTF?!' stare from her friend. "Sorry, prone to overdramaticness." she apologized.

Jester sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Great, so I have a magical pyscho who wants to kill me and take over the world..." He pushed the large book off the table, though meaning to just slide it to the side. Harlequin watched as it tumbled to the floor, and she picked it up from it's spine, before hearing a smaller 'thump'. She looked down to find a small book at her feet, and after setting the larger item down on the table, she picked it up and looked at it. "What's this?" she asked Jester, handing it over for him to look at it. It was a leather-back book with silver shapes of a diamond, a three leaf clover, a spade and a heart. A lock was upon it, a strap on side part of it, the book with the other and keeping it sealed.

Jester looked over it before he looked at the keyhole of the lock. "It needs a key." "Well it didn't come with a key." the girl replied. "Hmm..." he placed a claw in the opening and a few flickers of flame were seen before the digit was removed, the lock clicked off and the book was open. "It's Jack's journal." he said as he scanned the bottom of the entries at the signature of their writer. "Cool, I wanna read." Harlequin stood behind him and read over his shoulder as he skipped to a random entry.

'Journal Entry 169

I am within the confines of my home, threatened by the prescence of decaying flesh that lingers within the air. Each day, that wretched creature of hell grows stronger, and he gains more damned undead. I can't kill them...they were my friends, my family...Mannekin managed to escape and hide in here, though ill and dying...she has managed to stay strong for me. She speaks of an ancient song that can snap the puppet zombies into their normal selves...I have told her repeatedly that she cannot perform this in her current condition, but she does not listen to me. Though she tells me she could take care of the puppets, I will have to take care of The Puppeteer.

Bless my blades as, with God as my witness, I slay the foul demon that threatens to destroy kin and mortal and restore peace and order among the realms. To my relatives, if I should happen to succeed, I pray safety for you...as the Puppeteer will one day return for a child of a future generation, maybe a year from now, or maybe centuries from now.

For Friend, Fiend, Mortal and the Divine.

~Jack 'Of Blades' Trickster~


"Wow...did you notice how religious he seemed to be?" Jester questioned. "Yeah...wait, wait, hold the phone! Mannekin?! That's my ancestor! No wonder I was the one that he aimed for in that damn crystal incident! My ancestor helped your ancestor fight him!" Harlequin was just amazed. "That explains everything! But where is he going to get zombies?" Almost, as if on cue, the nurse stumbled into the library, panting heavilly. "Oh thank god you two are alright!"

"What do you mean?!" They both asked in unison. "All the...rest of the student body..just...DISAPPEARED!" Miss Nerina exclaimed exhaustedly. "How could they have done that?!" "I dunno! Teleportation? Magic?! All I know is they're GONE!"

Harlequin and Jester looked at each other, frowns on their faces. "The Puppeteer."

------------------------
Meanwhile......
------------------------

"Sir, all students have been successfully zombified. What now, oh most evil Puppeteer?" Came the voice of a child, none other than Mrizzard as he bowed his head and looked up at the person he spoke to.

'Prepare to release them onto the town. Make sure not to get bitten by them, however...make sure each thread is secured and then...open the gates.' Hissed a chilling, whisper of a voice that seemed to be everywhere, yet originated from one creature...one cloaked creature of shadows with eyes that matched the blood-crystals, and glowed just as bright. "Yes, most villainous one. Right away." Mrizzard bowed his head once more before running off down the hallway and into a large open chamber.

Hellfire eyes focused their attention to a orb upon it's three legged hold with metal claws wrapping around it to keep it in place. After a moment, the haze within it cleared to reveal Harlequin and Jester, aiding in the search of the missing children. 'Soon, Jester and Harlequin...soon you shall meet the most unfortunate end to your bloodlines...enjoy life whilst you can...for the damned blood that runs through your veins will be spilt like that of your ancestor's should have!'

---------------------------
Back to Jester and Harlequin..
---------------------------

"Hey, Harlequin...do you feel like someone is watching us?" Jester said, looking around cautiously. "Yeah...creepy." The girl shuddered before she starting humming the 'Twilight Zone' theme.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

plushiegang4 on July 11, 2007, 7:22:19 AM

plushiegang4 on
plushiegang4ZOMG!!!!!*waves arms around franticly*agh!Mrizzard snap out of it!*slaps his right and left cheek a million times*snap out of it you demon!*shakes him*ack...*drops him*whats the use?look hes drooling becuase hes in control of somebody i dont know.....sheesh!that part was good and suspenceful...*looks ay hands*AGH!SUSPENCEULEMIA!!!!